Is there supposed to be a 35% DPS gap between the highest and lowest dps in the game?

I´m no expert but I think parsley is not the best site to compare the average dps of the classes.

They are uploading the best parses with critluck and everything :)

The average dps according to smarty is:

highest - fury / concentration = 11.867

lowest - arsenal / gunnery = 10.414

The difference is roughly 12 %. Hope that helped.

That's nothing. Over at ESO the difference in DPS ranges from around 2500dps to upward of 55000dps (at the same level).

Balance.

Yeah, ESO can’t balance things.

Unlike ESO, everything is viable in an endgame PvE environment. In ESO you’re basically stuck as a Stamina DPS with the same meta build that everyone uses which takes away the uniqueness that the game was advertised to offer.

The difference is intentional, you are comparing a DPS spec for a melee class intended to be a sustain without burst to a ranged DPS spec with massive burst? As you learn more about swtor and the different classes you will understand there are a lot of different specs and they all are good at different things, Gunnary is intended as a burst spec and thus of course lack in terms of sustained DPS. That said, 35% is very exaggerated and wrong, if I remember correctly the simulated difference between the best and the worst spec is supposed to be at most 8%. Edited by RikuvonDrake

• 1 month later...
DPS imbalance, from my limited perspective, is a common problem in most mmos. I also play final fantasy 14 and there is about a 12% difference between to top and lowest dps. It doesn't seem too bad if every class is viable at endgame content, but I just got back into swtor since it first launched, so I dont know

• 5 weeks later...

mercs have the best DCD in the game, cant have everything.

besides you could play IO for sustained in PVE

Arsenal is one of the best burst specs for PVP

So you have viable options for all content, and do it better and easier then all other classes and yet your still complaining, give me a break!

Edited by NateCrazy

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, ESO can’t balance things.

Unlike ESO, everything is viable in an endgame PvE environment. In ESO you’re basically stuck as a Stamina DPS with the same meta build that everyone uses which takes away the uniqueness that the game was advertised to offer.

ESO is a dumpsterfire where the dlc dungeons are impossible for casual players unless they are carried by the try hard 3983987389 actions per second animation cancellers who push with their supidly high dps.

the game becomes more inaccessible with every expansion to the average player who can play well, but not play at that 1% level.