Arrival point terminals in all Strongholds

Mubrak

An undocumented pearl of 5.10.4: All strongholds now have arrival point terminals like Rishi. In addition to the orignal arrival points, there are:

Coruscant/Dromund Kaas: landing pad

Tatooine: starship platform

Nar Shaddaa: northern balcony downstairs.

Yavin: temple entrance and far end of the bridge

Had to abandon Manaan and the train in order to get Rishi and keep some of my extra Nar Shaddaa and Cor/DK Strongholds, so I couldn't look for the terminals in those strongholds.

Edited by Mubrak

Does that mean you can set your arrival point, or is there a speeder that runs you back and forth?

Arrival points like in Rishi, you can determine for each char where they should spawn when entering the stronghold. It's separate for each char and you can't change where other players enter your stronghold.

Downside is that it works a bit too well, the original behavior, where the last log out position temporarily becomes your arrival point in the stronghold, no longer works when you chose an alternative arrival point. You will always appear at the new spot.

Edited by Mubrak

Downside is that it works a bit too well, the original behavior, where the last log out position temporarily becomes your arrival point in the stronghold, no longer works when you chose an alternative arrival point. You will always appear at the new spot.

^ This!

I so regret setting an arrival point for my main at Rishi, as I can't undo it. =/ It's really annoying to be in the middle of decorating, get a PVP/GSF pop, and then be returned all the way back at the "beginning" when it's over.

Maybe they could set it so the arrival point is for when you actually "Travel" to the SH via the Stronghold tab, instead of treating a login/PVP return as the same thing.

That really is a downside. When I'm bouncing around strongholds decorating, or traveling to other planets to pick up decos from vendors, I like returning to the spot I left.

But... if they just fixed two things, I'd be fine with the new arrival system.

* Add a way to safely and easily get to the Nar Shaddaa landing pad. (And before you say "jump off the taxi", that doesn't always work and requires Piloting, so it's not for newbies, lowbies, etc.)

* Stop the Tatooine speeder from going across the whole upper balcony, right through a cluster of hooks. In fact, there's no reason to have a speeder from the landing pad to the balcony, as "/stuck" will get you there instantly. We really need a speeder from the balcony to the landing pad, maybe on one of those little extensions you see around the Nar Shaddaa landing pad...

Don't get me wrong, I'm very glad the devs are putting love into strongholds. Some deco fixes, some stronghold improvements. Hopefully they'll work out the bugs, soon. And add some rug hooks everywhere. Maybe raise the flagship hook cap. Those would do me more good than optional spawn points.

Edited by Xina_LA