Kira and Scourge 100% confirmed

Ttoilleekul

I checked first but could not see a thread covering this.. So, the secret observers quest, 100% it is Kira and Scourge on Odessen, aside from the build and gender fitting Kira and Scourge, if you take a screen shot and zoom in, you can clearly see their personal character lightsabers that they always had from class story.

So finally we can be safe in the knowledge they are coming back for 6.0. Now the only question remains will it be a decent meaningful return. No other companions have been teased in this way, so I'm hopeful of a decent return still.

That's hard to justify. We can hypothesise that, for sure, but it's only speculation.

Lets start with this, do you agree that it is 100% Kira and Scourge? Assuming its a yes from you, how can you possibly suggest they won't be back for 6.0 now?

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Lets start with this, do you agree that it is 100% Kira and Scourge? Assuming its a yes from you, how can you possibly suggest they won't be back for 6.0 now?

No. I don't agree 100%(1). I agree that it *could* be them, but no more than that. And we don't know if it will be 6.0 or 5.99.76 that releases before 6.0. Or 6.0.73 that releases not long after.

(1) And as seen in the binocs, it's Scourge and Kira anyway.

EDIT: It *could* be them, ***and probably is***. Sorry.

Edited by SteveTheCynic

I feel I should add that "for 6.0" as a literalist interpretation (that is, exactly on 6.0) implies a relatively long wait (two months give or take a week or so either way) for such a blatant tease. That's why I express some doubt about the "for 6.0" part. "By 6.0" is more reasonable.

I tried to look at their weapons but couldn't quite catch a glimpse of them when I did the quest myself.

Their weapons could be Bioware's hint about who they are, but also it might not be. Their weapons changed throughout the class story, and many other returned companions returned with new weapons anyway.

It's also possible their return, if it happens, will have no bearing on Onslaught. It could be this will lead up to another Alliance Alert right before or after the launch of 6.0 that has little to no relevance in the main story.

The weapons are 100% Kira and Scourge's weapons. Easily seen in a screen shot. Only someone who is not a fan of the characters would not see it.. And no, their sabers did NOT change during the class story. No idea where you got that from, so yes it is a dead give away as to their identity. Which is why we can be 100% sure who they are (aside from them being the only companions left of that physical build and gender who haven't returned). So anyone who says it isn't them, or "might not" be them, is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Go back and look at the weapons in the class story, then look at a good resolution screen shot of them on Odessen. Their weapons are both VERY distinctive.

As for when they will return, I accept it could end up being 5.10.98986439876 or it could end up being 6.108038927. But in all likely hood, since no other companion returns have been teased like this, its a good bet they come back as part of 6.0.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

The weapons are 100% Kira and Scourge's weapons. Easily seen in a screen shot. Only someone who is not a fan of the characters would not see it.. And no, their sabers did NOT change during the class story. No idea where you got that from, so yes it is a dead give away as to their identity. Which is why we can be 100% sure who they are (aside from them being the only companions left of that physical build and gender who haven't returned). So anyone who says it isn't them, or "might not" be them, is just arguing for the sake of arguing. Go back and look at the weapons in the class story, then look at a good resolution screen shot of them on Odessen. Their weapons are both VERY distinctive.

As for when they will return, I accept it could end up being 5.10.98986439876 or it could end up being 6.108038927. But in all likely hood, since no other companion returns have been teased like this, its a good bet they come back as part of 6.0.

I don't know how long you've been playing the game, but when whenever companions used to get updated gear from the missions on each new planet, it wasn't all the same design. Back then the gear companions used actually mattered.

Also when Jaesa and Nadia returned, they didn't have the same lightsabers as when they first started out.

Also the photos is very blurry. Even if it is Kira and Scourge's weapons, it certainly isn't "easily seen."

Edited by OldVengeance

since no other companion returns have been teased like this

I guess you weren't here for the initial release of KotFE, then. In the initial release, we only had Chapters I to IX (arrival on Odessen), and the tease for Chapter X (Kaliyo) was blatantly blatant. No, it wasn't mysterious observers, but it was teased.

I don't know how long you've been playing the game, but when whenever companions used to get updated gear from the missions on each new planet, it wasn't all the same design. Back then the gear companions used actually mattered.

Also when Jaesa and Nadia returned, they didn't have the same lightsabers as when they first started out.

Also the photos is very blurry. Even if it is Kira and Scourge's weapons, it certainly isn't "easily seen."

Going back to when companions needed to be geared is irrelevant isn't it. Since that was ended, they now have one weapon all the way through, unless YOU choose to change it.

yes, other companions have returned with different weapons, but again that's irrelevant. If it wasn't Kira's saber at her side on Odessen then we wouldn't know it was her, because weapon changed. But it IS Kira's saber, so we do know its her.

I don't know how you got your screen shot, but mine is like Jaesa's memory of that night with the soldier: fuzzy. It's also small enough (even on a 4K screen) that there's no way to determine the weapons.

EDIT: my screenie: https://i.imgur.com/Uyht21Y.jpg

Dude, I can only summise from this that you have no idea what Kira's saber looks like. For starters you need a different shot, with Kira facing toward her right. From that you can see (even though blurry) that the weapons are the same. You can see the gold end caps, the black grip and the turquoise highlights in the centre. Its a dead give away.

On Scourge's saber you can see far less, but you can see the horn affixed to the pommel.

Again, maybe I notice these things because I am a saber enthusiast too. We notice things like this. Like the huge number of variations in the Gralfex on screen. You can be a huge star wars fan but still know precious little about sabers.

Edited by Ttoilleekul

Maybe stop arguing until the expansion is released. 99% of the time when a companion(s) are returning they will let us know. They normally post companion returning in a post so we know about it, just as they did with Doc and Nadia when they returned in Ossus.

Note: Just for the record I don't care either way.

Edited by casirabit

Dude, I can only summise from this that you have no idea what Kira's saber looks like. For starters you need a different shot, with Kira facing toward her right. From that you can see (even though blurry) that the weapons are the same. You can see the gold end caps, the black grip and the turquoise highlights in the centre. Its a dead give away.

On Scourge's saber you can see far less, but you can see the horn affixed to the pommel.

Again, maybe I notice these things because I am a saber enthusiast too. We notice things like this. Like the huge number of variations in the Gralfex on screen. You can be a huge star wars fan but still know precious little about sabers.

You piqued my curiosity, so I searched the already-returned FU companions to see about this. The results are not quite what I expected:

* Nadia's doublesabre has the same look before and after

* Ashara's singlesabres look, in colour patterns and in detailed shape, different before and after

* Xalek's "before" doublesabre looks like Nadia's, while his "after" one is pretty different.

* DSJ's sabres are different in appearance when wielded, but I'm not sure the idfference would be visible in the binocs.

* LSJ's is a different colour after she returns. Different enough to be visible in the binocs? Hard to say.

That's it. All other returned companions are NFUs.

So we are currently four out of five for a returning FU companion's sabre changing, with two changing enough to be clearly visually distinguishable at the fuzziness level seen in my screenshot, one probably changing just enough to be visible, one changing slightly but not necessarily enough to be visible, and the fifth one not changing.

Observation: there's also at least one case of "same skin" between two companions.

Conclusion: not enough information to decide that it is absolutely definitely 1005%(1) certain that it is beyond a shadow of a doubt Kira in the image, nor is there enough to say that it isn't her either.

Among the NFU companions, it's worth noting that two don't even use the same *type* of weapon.

(1) I wrote 1005, a thousand and five, on purpose. It's not a typo.

Maybe stop arguing until the expansion is released. 99% of the time when a companion(s) are returning they will let us know. They normally post companion returning in a post so we know about it, just as they did with Doc and Nadia when they returned in Ossus.

Kaliyo's return was strongly hinted at the end of Chapter IX, but not explicitly described, so there is precedent for a strong tease.

Going back to when companions needed to be geared is irrelevant isn't it. Since that was ended, they now have one weapon all the way through, unless YOU choose to change it.

yes, other companions have returned with different weapons, but again that's irrelevant. If it wasn't Kira's saber at her side on Odessen then we wouldn't know it was her, because weapon changed. But it IS Kira's saber, so we do know its her.

It's not irrelevant because there is a long precedent for Jedi and Sith changing lightsabers over time within the game.

Edited by OldVengeance

There's no reason Bioware wouldn't pull another switcheroo, but it's worth noting that no companions returned DURING Knights of the Eternal Throne. Aside from the returns at the end of KOTFE (Guss and Rusk), no other companions returned until after the Eternal Empire was defeated. The point of that?

ALL companions returning after the Eternal Empire was defeated, with the exceptions of Raina Temple, Quinn and Elara Dorne, were ONLY available to the original classes. Only Smugglers got Corso or Risha. Only Agents got Vector. Only Inquisitors got Andronikos and Ashara. Only Jedi Consulars got Felix Iresso. Only Sith Warriors got Jaesa. The only reason Smugglers got Mako and Bounty Hunters got Akaavi was that the two companions became partners and came together in a package deal. No other class got either of them. Even in Jedi Under Siege, only Jedi Knights got Doc and only Jedi Consulars got Nadia. Only Sith Inquisitors got Khem Val. Raina Temple was the only companion that everyone got. Quinn joined whoever sided with the Empire during the Iokath Story; Elara Dorne joined whoever sided with the Republic. Not "everyone" got them, either. Also, only Sith Warriors were able to kill Quinn for his past transgressions against the player.

So Bioware would be pulling a major deviation from that plan, to make Kira and Scourge available to everyone. Unless Jedi Knights are the only ones who get a follow-up mission in the near future.

Again, there's no reason why Bioware WOULDN'T do this, but it would be a big change from the way post-KOTET companions have been returning. Will other classes get Tharan Cedrax and Zenith as well, or only Jedi Consulars?

Sorry, but I'm part of the "it's not **ABSOLUTELY** indisputable FACT. It's an opinion, and a persuasive one, but still just an opinion" crowd.

Edited by HollyUSEC

• 2 weeks later...