Juggernaut Ability, Tactical Item, and Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Juggernaut! Below you will find the Juggernaut's new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more than once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

You will note that compared to the Sorcerer, the Juggernaut has fewer set bonuses. The reason for this is that although the Advanced Class has less, the base class of Sith Warrior has more than the Inquisitor. It still results in 8 set bonus options overall.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change

New Ability – Furious Focus

(this is a mirror of the new Marauder ability)

Furious Focus has 4 ability charges and recharges every 30 seconds. Activating Furious Focus consumes all charges causing your next attacks to do 25% additional damage. Ex: If you consume 3 charges, your next 3 attacks do 25% increased damage.

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

• Retaliator - (4) Retaliate no longer has a cooldown. (6) Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.
  • Strengthening Scream - (4) Threatening Scream's cooldown is reduced by 5 seconds. (6) Threatening Scream increases your damage reduction by 5% for each enemy you hit. This effect lasts 10 seconds.

Tactical Items

This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Juggernaut

• Higher Focus - Enrage builds one Furious Focus charge.
  • Keep Away - Activating Saber Ward finishes the cooldown of Force Push.
  • Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.
  • Interceding Defense - Reduces the cooldown of Intercede by 5 seconds. Intercede grants 2.5% damage reduction per ally around you after Interceding.

Immortal

• Crushing Defense - Crushing Blow generates Crushing Defense stacks for every enemy it hits, increasing your damage reduction per stack for 10 seconds.
  • Indomitable - Using Backhand while Invincible extends the duration of Invincible by 5 seconds.
  • Retaliating Defense - Retaliation consumes Aegis Assault's damage reduction and grants Retaliating Defense, increasing damage reduction by 5% for 20 seconds.

Vengeance

• Bloody Vengeance - When a bleed tick critically hits, it reduces the cooldown of Vengeful Slam by one second.
  • Payback - Retaliation finishes the cooldown of Hew and allows it to be usable on a target with any health level, it also causes your next Hew to enable Retaliation. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.
  • Crimson Slash - Vicious Slash refreshes the duration of Force Scream and Impale's bleeds on the target.

Rage

The current plan is that these will be mirrored to the Fury options we listed for the Marauder. The team is exploring adding some unique ones for Rage as well.

Fury

• Detonate - Raging Burst detonates Force Crush, dealing damage and slowing any enemies in an area around the primary target.
  • Obliterator - Using Obliterate with Furious Focus causes it to critically hit.
  • Force Barter - Furious Strike refunds one additional rage after it hits, but refunds all its rage if you would have fallen to zero.

As a note, if you are a Guardian player, you can expect to see these bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

Let us know your thoughts! Here are the types of feedback we are looking for. XX seems too strong or too weak. XX Set Bonus combined with XX Tactical seems too strong or too weak. I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed. Be as specific as possible in your feedback.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to share my thoughts about Vengeance tacticals and set bonuses from PVE point of view.

<Vengeance>

Bloody Vengeance tactical without any cooldown, might result in Vengeful Slam coming off cooldown in 2 GCDs. I think that change is going to be overpowered, so my suggestion is to make an effect occur every 3 seconds.

Payback might make it interesting for PVP, although I don't see it being useful for PVE, unless player is currently offtanking the boss/add.

As for Crimson Slash I'm definetely into it, because player will have to keep an eye on bleeds, what's gonna make gameplay more interesting.

<Juggernaut>

Higher Focus Makes Enrage even more of a offensive cooldown, good one.

Keep Away Useful in PVP.

Grit Teeth If Endure Pain lasts 10 seconds, we can ideally have Enraged Defense coming off cooldown every 40-50 seconds. I think it's a bit too much, so my suggestion is to reduce cooldown per hit by 6 instead of 10 seconds.

Interceding Defense Makes intercede even more useful, good change.

Speaking of set bonuses:

Retaliator - Useful in PVP, since in PVE there aren't many opportunities to use Retaliation as a Juggernaut DPS.

Strengthening Scream - Very strong deffensive boost, but I'd suggest having damage reduction up to 35%, AoEing a large group of adds might result in having 100% or nearly 100% damage reduction.

Eventually, i think those changes might positively affect Juggernaut Vengeance gameplay, although it will require some practical testing to balance it properly.

Edited by czartorysky

I have two things I would like to note at this point:

1. Concerning the additional skills given, I would like to try them out to get a feel for the gameplay. I'm trying to log into the PTS now to see if it is up. I can say right off the bat, that I was really hoping to see at least a little AOE ability for the Rage discipline.

2. (This feedback is relevant to all classes, not just the Juggernaught). Please look at making it easier to switch specs. Not only for testing the new skills but for game play in general. When I get in a group and the group wants me to tank instead of DPS, I have to change my specs, gear and quick bars. Other older MMO's have been able to do a running change to the game that allows your character file to hold your skill bar information for each spec. In other words please make it so we can change from Rage to Immortal and our last known skill bar set up loads with the combat proficiencies. You could also give us the ability to save our trait set up for each proficiency. This will make testing easier for us and also gameplay much more efficient. You have already made it so we can import and export our keybindings, which is awesome for altoholics, can't you do the same for the icons locations on our quick bars and our trait trees?

I can load up the PTS but it says the server is down. Is there any plan to load these changes on there so we can try them out? That will give you the best feedback.

Hey folks,

Let's talk about what Spoils of War has in store for the Juggernaut! Below you will find the Juggernaut's new ability, the set bonuses that are planned for them, and a list of their new Tactical items. You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilities to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more than once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

You will note that compared to the Sorcerer, the Juggernaut has fewer set bonuses. The reason for this is that although the Advanced Class has less, the base class of Sith Warrior has more than the Inquisitor. It still results in 8 set bonus options overall.

Keep in mind that all of this is subject to change

New Ability – Furious Focus

(this is a mirror of the new Marauder ability)

Furious Focus has 4 ability charges and recharges every 30 seconds. Activating Furious Focus consumes all charges causing your next attacks to do 25% additional damage. Ex: If you consume 3 charges, your next 3 attacks do 25% increased damage.

Set Bonuses

These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc).

• Retaliator - Taking damage during Endure Pain grants Retaliator stacks, increasing the damage of your next Retaliation by 10% per stack.
  • Strengthening Scream - Threatening Scream increases your damage reduction by 5% for each enemy you hit. This effect lasts 10 seconds.

Tactical Items

This a new item slot coming in Onslaught. You can only wear one Tactical Item at a time.

Juggernaut

• Higher Focus - Enrage builds one Furious Focus charge.
  • Keep Away - Activating Saber Ward finishes the cooldown of Force Push.
  • Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.
  • Interceding Defense - Reduces the cooldown of Intercede by 5 seconds. Intercede grants 2.5% damage reduction per ally around you after Interceding.

Immortal

• Crushing Defense - Crushing Blow generates Crushing Defense stacks for every enemy it hits, increasing your damage reduction per stack for 10 seconds.
  • Indomitable - Using Backhand while Invincible extends the duration of Invincible by 5 seconds.
  • Retaliating Defense - Retaliation consumes Aegis Assault's damage reduction and grants Retaliating Defense, increasing damage reduction by 5% for 20 seconds.

Vengeance

• Bloody Vengeance - When a bleed tick critically hits, it reduces the cooldown of Vengeful Slam by one second.
  • Payback - Retaliation finishes the cooldown of Hew and allows it to be usable on a target with any health level, it also causes your next Hew to enable Retaliation. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.
  • Crimson Slash - Vicious Slash refreshes the duration of Force Scream and Impale's bleeds on the target.

Rage

The current plan is that these will be mirrored to the Fury options we listed for the Marauder. The team is exploring adding some unique ones for Rage as well.

As a note, if you are a Guardian player, you can expect to see these bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

Let us know your thoughts! Here are the types of feedback we are looking for. XX seems too strong or too weak. XX Set Bonus combined with XX Tactical seems too strong or too weak. I wish there was a Set Bonus or Tactical that had a specific effect or modified a specific ability not listed. Be as specific as possible in your feedback.

-eric

You are literally making jugg tanks invicible. Grit teeth should be availible to dps juggs ONLY!!!!!!

Edited by Delani

Yea so, inquistors are going to need more mobility in order to combat sith warriors and jedi knights. You are giving both meleee saber classes immunity to immobilization and more dmg. And juggs are literally getting two Heal to Fulls with the tactical grit teeth. I am not sure what amplifiers will do nor what the combat proficiencies are going to be but from what we have been showed so far, inquistors are much weaker (from a PVP stand point) than Knights and Warriors!!!!!.

Can we see the other class changes please so we can compare and contrast all of them? That will allow us to get a better insight and provide more accurate feedback as to what is too strong versus too weak. :rak_01:

Edited by Delani

[*]Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

So Juggs gain yet another full health bar in ranked.

Hey folks,

Juggernaut

-eric

Common are you serious jugg dps can have heal to full every 40 seconds?

what is your agenda? the game doesnt need anymore ROOTS, SLOWS, STUNS and redicilous heal tu full abilities. those tactical items are not supposed to play in your way...they are just fotm...all those warrior and sin tank perks are just overpowered....

Common are you serious jugg dps can have heal to full every 40 seconds?

what is your agenda? the game doesnt need anymore ROOTS, SLOWS, STUNS and redicilous heal tu full abilities. those tactical items are not supposed to play in your way...they are just fotm...all those warrior and sin tank perks are just overpowered....

We dont know what other classes are going to offer tho. When we see other classes we may not beleive its fotm at all.

Hey folks,

[*]Strengthening Scream - Threatening Scream increases your damage reduction by 5% for each enemy you hit. This effect lasts 10 seconds.

Tactical Items

[*]Grit Teeth - Taking damage while Endure Pain is active reduces the cooldown of Enraged Defense by 10 seconds per hit. This effect cannot occur more than once every 2 seconds.

-eric

This set bonus + grit teeth are way too opped and will make dps juggernaut too tanky. I agree that jugg needs some defense buff yet this is too much. Being able to use damage reduction on 20-30% + lowering cd of best full hp regenerate ability is too powerful. It should be nerfed a bit

Over in the Assassin thread, I agreed with the consensus that many of the Tactical's didn't seem "Class Defining". In this thread, many are saying the Tactical's are overpowered. Based on this, one of the following must be true:

1) The Sorcerer Tacticals are much weaker.

2) Players actually don't want "Class Defining" Tacticals.

3) People don't want another class to appear stronger then their own.

4) OR.. The devs are pretty close to the mark, since opinions are split, and only a little balancing will be necessary.

Care to give your opinion on which of these are true?

Personally, I feel "Grit Teeth" meets my expectations for a "Class Defining" tactical and hope it stays in some form or another. I would rather see them buff Sorcerer Tacticals up to this level, then to nerf these ones down.

[*]Payback - Retaliation finishes the cooldown of Hew and allows it to be usable on a target with any health level, it also causes your next Hew to enable Retaliation. This effect cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

-eric

This should be a set bonus

I like where you’re going with amplifiers and tactical items. My concern is there will be greater imbalance between classes than right now in terms of damage and survivability. These seem very specific to specs, and I think this was toon soon. Don’t you think these tactical items and amplifiers should be based on role instead instead of specific class spec? I mean just to start, if you make the amplifiers or tactical items a little more general for each role. It’d seem more like an across the board buff in dps or survivability. Then later you can rerelease these new items for specific class specs.

I like where you’re going with amplifiers and tactical items. My concern is there will be greater imbalance between classes than right now in terms of damage and survivability. These seem very specific to specs, and I think this was toon soon. Don’t you think these tactical items and amplifiers should be based on role instead instead of specific class spec? I mean just to start, if you make the amplifiers or tactical items a little more general for each role. It’d seem more like an across the board buff in dps or survivability. Then later you can rerelease these new items for specific class specs.

they havent given any examples of amplifiers yet not how many we are able to stack. At this current time the tacts and set bonuses are fine but imo the warrior ones are stronger than inquistors becuase of survivability but thats neither here nor there.

Finally Juggs get their well deserved buffs... Can't wait 6.0 for PVP. Strong Mara, strong Jugg. :D Can't even ask for more.

Bioware please be careful with the self heals... they can make a class very OP in PVP. ;)

PS: A mara will never beat a DPS Jugg 1v1 in 6.0... Impossible. ;) No dps buffs can counter heals to full in PVP.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I would like to see the abilities, sets and tacticals on PTS as they are presented now, *before* making any nerfs and buffs to them. What looks good on paper can prove to be no-so-good in game and vice versa. Things that lower cooldown of other skill that is used in rotation have a potential to actually break rotation and result in dps loss. Things that need one skill with long cooldown used while another skill with long cooldown has effect will effectively prevent the first skill to be used without second, which can actually make class worse (here Backhand during Invincible - which will prevent jugg using this stun for a long time before popping his dcd, and then he might face whitebarred opponent in pvp... something similar can be said about Force Speed in the SI thread, where lot of people did not like the idea of having it used in rotation and making it not available when it is actually needed).

On paper those look stronger than Sorc ones, however the sorc ones seemed to involve the new sorc ability much more, so if the new ability is strong, they can actually be very good.. who knows without PTS testing :confused:

We dont know what other classes are going to offer tho. When we see other classes we may not beleive its fotm at all.

we dont need to wait to see the tactical items abd set boni for the other classes. the direction those "perks" are going are just wrong. there are too many slows and roots already in the game. in pvp you're 80% of the time hindered by any of those effects.

on some server you have already a class stacking problem. the inidating roar accuracy is a joke as the grit teeth one is.

i dont know why people are voting for some super spectacular stuff....the time to kill is already far to long in this game and it will be even longer in 6.0 and this is the truth for every class except powertechs. so all those damage reduction slow, root, accuracy debuff, and stun immunity stuff is a bad decision.

and those "perks" were promoted with "play your way"...this goal isnt achieved by making abilities which are already ingame more powerfull.

the sorc perks for there aoe heal which changes from more singletarget heal or more multi target heal change the way to play...or by changing an ability to do dot instead of direct damage.

Edited by ultimarb