Choosing a main GSF server to play in (2019)

Laserplay

Hello. I'm a returning player who prefers the GSF and PVP (on the side) aspects of the game. I reside on the West coast and have played on Satele Shan before. I could remember that queue times for GSF were usually slow there, and that it would almost completely stop at certain hours of the day. Now I'm wondering if the conditions in Starforge are better, generally speaking? I'd like to receive some recommendations from frequent fliers (on both servers, if possible) as to which NA server to select as a GSF main? Thank you.

Hello. I'm a returning player who prefers the GSF and PVP (on the side) aspects of the game. I reside on the West coast and have played on Satele Shan before. I could remember that queue times for GSF were usually slow there, and that it would almost completely stop at certain hours of the day. Now I'm wondering if the conditions in Starforge are better, generally speaking? I'd like to receive some recommendations from frequent fliers (on both servers, if possible) as to which NA server to select as a GSF main? Thank you.

Welcome back to GSF! If all you're looking for is GSF then Starforge is definitely the place to be, the queue's are much faster there. You'll also find way more people to group up with in the GSF chat on Starforge as well.

Both Satele and Starforge have the exact same ping so it doesn't matter that you're from the west coast, you'll get the same latency on both.

Hope that helps!

Even though I'm a dedicated SS player and I love my little server (mostly because I've been merged into it over the course of like...a lot of merges) I would concur with Drakkolich. Quite a few friends have left SS for SF because of the higher population.

That said, we're pretty nice and super fun on SS, so if you're patient....

GSF is the greatest of its kind! Though its a bit easy now. I almost miss the days of dying futilely on the bastion and harbinger. Though like most things the imperial players whine incessantly about premades and hacking. So much more pleasant experience during the day when imp v pug teams happen more as a pug. That said with the exception of a couple old school players most who have been around for a long time aren't raging about new people playing. It's quite an improvement over satele or harbinger.

• 2 weeks later...

If you play early morning east coast time, or afternoons, Darth Malgus would be the choice. During the afternoon east coast time, it pops like prime time amaerican servers. But, you have to consider the ping time for you too. So, you may not like it as much.

Just some added info for you.

Darth Malgus is basically the old TRE server.

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys anyone help me out iv already payed to get back into this game as i cant make up my mind the pvp on server Darth Malgus is ok but the GSF side of it is slow be wait for 30 to 45 Mins all day and iv looked over google and still cant seem to find high GSF server really they should cross all pvp servers like world of Warcraft so the wait is not as long

I`ve try Star Force its the same as Darth Malgus but then Satele Shan server thats balance but still slow on get a match

:(:(

Edited by eldiablospeedy
got more to say about the server for GSF

hey guys anyone help me out iv already payed to get back into this game as i cant make up my mind the pvp on server Darth Malgus is ok but the GSF side of it is slow be wait for 30 to 45 Mins all day and iv looked over google and still cant seem to find high GSF server really they should cross all pvp servers like world of Warcraft so the wait is not as long

I`ve try Star Force its the same as Darth Malgus but then Satele Shan server thats balance but still slow on get a match

:(:(

oddly darth malgus is the best popping server. from about 10 am to 6 pm eastern U.S. time. Its prime time is better than SF or SS primes times to be honest.

Your 'all day' is what time period exactly? I can narrow it down for you.

10 AM - 6 PM eastern time Darth Malgus

8 PM to when the queue dies Star Forge

8PM to when the queue dies Satele Shan. This server is very slow even in prime time, and may once in awhile pop decent.

All times are approximate. And very solid time frames. I have never heard of Darth Malgus not popping during those times. I about fell off my chair when you said that.