[Chapter X] How to Defeat the Overwatch Hunters

Myrdovar

In Chapter X, you travel to "Power Junction K-H82 in Breaktown" with your companion. There you meet to boss Overwatch Hunters. They both have a punch and repeatedly jump out of reach, so I can't hit them with my SithWarrior.

I died twice already, stims and Companion als healer or Companion as tank, all the same.

Is there a trick somehow to win this fight?

I had no problems so far. My gear is all purple Rated 218.

I think I'm missing something and would be glad if someone could point at it.

Edited by Myrdovar

Got hammered the first time as well. Seems the trick is getting out of their big AOEs soon as they come up; focusing on one (if he jumps away, go back to him when he reappears). The Commander later on also has the AOE. Edited by Nameychu

Well, I figured it out.

I got too disctracted to notice 3 Sky Troopers, who appeared during the fight, were bothering Kalyio. She was busy and could not heal me.

She also stayed far away instead of following me and I got out of reach.

Next time, I positioned myself and her out of the long corridor. Then, ignoring the Overwatch guys for a few strikes and killing the troopers first did the trick.

All the next fights were easy..

Edited by Myrdovar

• 11 months later...
Ok, I give up. Moderately geared Jugg at level 70 on Story difficulty, these guys pretty much one shot me without fail. I haven't gotten them below roughly 99% much less killed them. On previous toons, I don't even remember the fight it was so non-descript. What gives, they discover steroids or something?
  • Like 1

Was gliding through veteran with a guardian then ran up against these guys and they destroyed me. So I swapped to story and they were no different. I suspect they are master difficulty because they are hitting for 28k grav rounds and 10k charged rounds on story mode.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I took arround 20 attempts to try to get them down, but I can't - even on story mode. Every hit from them is about 14k - 16k while grav round ~40k. Fight lasts no more than 10 seconds till they get my companion down and then me. I tried different companion roles, approaches, including interruptions and nothing gets me closer. I have gear 236, decent 7.5 dps and no chance to beat them.

Is there any tactics here to follow, or does they messed up these two mobs in the latest version?

I'm stuck on this chapter and can't move through.

Can anyone help or does anyone know what's the tactics here?

I took arround 20 attempts to try to get them down, but I can't - even on story mode. Every hit from them is about 14k - 16k while grav round ~40k. Fight lasts no more than 10 seconds till they get my companion down and then me. I tried different companion roles, approaches, including interruptions and nothing gets me closer. I have gear 236, decent 7.5 dps and no chance to beat them.

Is there any tactics here to follow, or does they messed up these two mobs in the latest version?

I'm stuck on this chapter and can't move through.

Can anyone help or does anyone know what's the tactics here?

I keep getting mauled as well. Level 70 Shadow/Infiltrator. I've got him down to 60%, the second wave of Skytroopers nails Kaliyo, and then it's over.

I do not know how this is that hard. I did this on my characters (have one or two of each class) and this was not a difficult fight. I have done this on my healers and dps characters.

This is a very simple fight. I would focus on one of them at a time and take out the adds when they added and then go back to the hunter I was attacking and then go to the other one. My health never dropped past 80% and I did this in 220 gear.

Edited by casirabit

• 4 weeks later...
A member of my guild was saying that he tried over and over again, but was unable to defeat this pair. I decided to try it out with a lvl 65 bounty hunter with 190 gear that I hadn't played since lvl 65 was the cap. I had about 1200 presence with Kaliyo and at no time did my health drop below 80%. I'm not sure what problems people are having - it seemed like a straightforward fight.

Sometimes it seems that the level sync has created problems for people coming up against a boss that they can't use a specific companion on but have to rely on paying attention to the mechanics and using your abilities. I have seen too many of these types of threads lately and then I wonder how they would have done on some of the earlier class bosses before the level sync and before they made the companions able to heal, dps or tank depending on what you wanted.

There is definitely something weird going on with these guys as (most) previous posters have stated. I had done this two times before 5.0 and it was a walk in the park. Now I have cruised through the chapters on veteran difficulty with my mara (230-236 gear) but suddenly against these two guys I wiped. Had to do it several times and use heroic moment, DCDs in optimal situations, CC adds, peel for my comp etc before I managed to kill them. So probably not working as intended.

Can someone please tell me what the problem is with them? I did it tonight with my sorceress, sentinel and then my agent, no problems. I barely managed to slip to 80% health. They were not an trouble at all.

(Gear 228 mostly and a few blue 230 all augmented)

Edited by ScarletBlaze

• 1 month later...
I tried them again and they were easy to kill. Looks like it's fixed.

I've just tried it and it's definitely bugged (at least for me and others). Myself and comp are going down to about 20% health in seconds. Kaliyo as healer just can't keep up and one of us dies shortly afterwards, even on Heroic moment (all 8 legendary powers).

Just tried this on Veteran on my Lightning Sorc. Lev 70, gear is 230 and I get killed in less than 1 minute. Don't even get past 1st round of adds. I have tried Kaliyo as both heal & tank.

There's definitely something odd here. I changed the difficulty to Story, and still had the same issues and was far more difficult than when I first did this on the same character when Kotfe came out.

Edited by Varkiriel

• 2 weeks later...
I'm bewildered, my health never dropped below 80% while doing chapter X . . .

Well dont worry, you are not awesome if that is what you are wondering.

It must be glitched, as they are hitting for 25k each time, even without the adds. Im a founder, in 230 gear augmented, and can barely scratch them.

Cant proceed now either. Its frustrating.

Well dont worry, you are not awesome if that is what you are wondering.

It must be glitched, as they are hitting for 25k each time, even without the adds. Im a founder, in 230 gear augmented, and can barely scratch them.

Cant proceed now either. Its frustrating.

Well I just did them again on my sentinel and had no problems and I am a founder as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was having this same problem where they just mopped the floor with me on veteran difficulty so I switched it down to story. That didn't change anything at first as I continued to get badly beat. So when I was back at the med center I ended up waiting there while I read this thread. By the time when I went back into the story section all enemies reset and the two bosses were both on Story difficulty.

Waiting just 5-10 min outside the zone reset it and all enemies were on proper difficulty. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Was anybody able to beat these two guys on Vet and Master mode? I've seen one person do it but he used cc on one of them and I'm playing on a jugg so I don't have any cc abilities if you don't count the intimidating roar. My companion and I get burned down way too fast.

Was gliding through veteran with a guardian then ran up against these guys and they destroyed me. So I swapped to story and they were no different. I suspect they are master difficulty because they are hitting for 28k grav rounds and 10k charged rounds on story mode.

gotta be a glitch unless you switched to story on your portrait instead of opening galactic command and going to chapters and selecting story. I got hammered on veteran then went to story and i destroyed them easily.