flashpoints dsiappointing -feels like fraud

Im level 30 now and have done every instance possible so far. The thing that stands out is ofc. the lack of convos, but also the boss mechanics. For lack of better positivity I'd like to point out how cool some of the boss mechanics are, and I sure hope Operations will be this challenging in the future! :D

I agree, most of the bosses do at least something interesting. The ones that stand out (up to Boarding Party):

Hammer Station: Last boss is a good skill check, refreshing to see good play required this early in the game.

Mandalorian Raiders: The 2nd boss is a bit overtuned but oveall I love the fights here. The first boss with the untauntable dogs on top of the AOE mechanic of the main boss is really neat. Last boss is a little easy but the idea is cool and the fight feels epic.

Cademimu: Love the nod to Kael'thas fight in the first boss. 2nd boss is a bit boring, but the last guy is also suitably epic.

Boarding Party: Lot of ho-hum fights here, but the first boss and last 2 bosses are really awesome. First boss is just visually cool with lightning filling the room. Last 2 bosses are really challenging and took a wipe or 2 to figure out.

Overall the difficulty of these fights is great, they're not impossible but they require people to play above the level you'd normally expect for leveling instances.

Edited by Farabee

I just finished Esseles and for a first flashpoint I think they did a good job :) I did not investigate this game before it got released for the fact that I love to be surprised.

The Esseles Flashpoint was long enough. It took me a good hour to finish it. The rewards some enemies dropped were really helpfull and the dialogs were interesting.

If I remember correctly you will eventually fight 3 human enemies and 2 droids as for bosses (the droids belong to the bonus quest). Each one was stronger then the boss before so you had a good build up.

The only small downpart of the entire flashpoint was the Sith you had to fight at the end (Vokk?). He had a crapload of HP but was weaker in strenght then the second droid we had to fight. If the devs would add a little bit of strenght to him, it would be perfect!

All taken into consideration, I think they did a great job :)

I think it is important there are flashpoints that my guild and I can run without having to spacebar through massive amounts of dialogue. You do realize that there are people playing this game exclusively in groups? Your ignorance doesn't provide the foundation for a valid complaint. Edited by infernus

Tarev IV/ Malestrom (lvl 32 - 36) is what you guys are looking for. It is amazing... amazingly long, 3 hrs or so, but absolutly amazing story. Trust me, you miss that one and you will kick yourself. Edited by angelana

I like that there are a variety, some are more grind-able if that is what you really want and it allows more armor sets to be included in the game. I think a lot of the flashpoints I'll wait until level 50 then just go back to farm the armor set for the look and add in a bunch of mods to level it up. I REALLY like that a dungeon armor seems to be fully moddable. Everything I've looted so far anyway.

I like that there are a variety, some are more grind-able if that is what you really want and it allows more armor sets to be included in the game. I think a lot of the flashpoints I'll wait until level 50 then just go back to farm the armor set for the look and add in a bunch of mods to level it up. I REALLY like that a dungeon armor seems to be fully moddable. Everything I've looted so far anyway.

problem with that is most items have some stats permanently on them, so modding low level gear would deny you some of the high level gear's stats.

I have the opposite stance of you. I really enjoyed Esseles, but even the first time I was doing it I was thinking "Yeah, no way i'm re-running this because I don't want to sit through the same stuff twice."

I absolutely love the story and it's one of my favorite things about the game, but I get a metric ton of story in my class quests, world arcs, and side quests. I run flashpoints for two things: A fun time with my friends/guildies, and loot.

clearly your spacebar doesnt work.

But I totally understand some people prefer that wow style of blind hack and slash.That seems to have been handled now and is firmly in place in the game.

How about some more story oriented FPs for those of us who came here because thats what was advertised?

I think it's excellent how they have flashpoints dedicated to story (with other features) so people can really immerse themselves in the world.

As well as flashpoints that are little bit more hack and slash, so people who just want to run it for fun with friends and to acquire loot.

IT really shows how they are reaching out to the Role Players as well as those people who just like doing dungeonesq activities.

I think most of the FPs should have dialogue, but not so much that it gets to be more of a chore "Waiting for players to make choices" than going and killing the bosses and getting loot.

I love the dialogue outside of the FPs though and that is what sold me on this game, not whether it had it in instances or not.

I was a it surprised myself after "The Esseles" and "Black Talon" to see Hammer Station, Athiss and Mandalorian flashpoints.

But if there are more story flashpoints later on, I'm okay with it.

When we reach 50 we all have the option to choose between different heroic flashpoints with conversation or without, so everyone will get something he likes...

The Convos are nice if you consider or hunting for Social Points... I believe Social Points is a good TOOL to get people play together in an MMO and not just take it as a Single player game.

Nonetheless, if a Convo driven Mission / Instance becomes a slag fest and delays the run for 5x as long this could be concerning.

Here is an idea for the Devs, Why not give the option to run the same instance or in the same location instance voiced and unvoiced? Have the same mission (kinda) with Convo (Your group makes a SOCIAL Vote at the beginning) and if you decide NO CONVO you zone in and badabing Slash and Mash.

So far I am a level 14 and was not able to group alot, but I like the SOCIAL espect of the convo side, you can gain DS and LS points through the convo outcome... some options in a convo can drive you to a different scenario in a mission and or outcome of the same mission.

I live BT and would run it 100 times due to the convo, but at level 50 when you are making runs to GEAR UP a longer, and harder instance full of CONVO stuff, I don't know if that would work.

However, what concerns me is the Social Skill Points, lets say you have solo grinded up to level 35 and now see that you need a specific level in Social Points to get a pieve of GEAR or Companion skill... how (if without convo) would you get those 3 Level Social Skill?

Just a thought...

May the Force be with you

:ph_thank_you:

I've ran every flashpoint up to level 45, and other than the first flashpoint you get, they all boil down to "kill a boss or two" then "silent dialog, choose light or dark(usually has no effect on the flashpoint either), then "finish remaining bosses). The first flashpoint(s) are amazing. After that, they lose any sense of importance in my opinion and just become a loot run.

The only other flashpoint with conversation is the Taral V/Maelstrom series. And even that had very little dialogue.

Rather disappointed by Bioware. Even if they are meant to be run multiple times, taking the lazy way out eliminates one of the major draws this game has - Story.