Lost Island Hard Mode is bugged EA

Pretty sure this is bugged for last 2 weeks

I do my Rakghoul Conflicts weekly every week on 4 different 50s I have and then run it even more for other guildies

The 3rd boss (Donkey Kong guy that jumps on pipes) has always been the toughest of the entire FP but I had it down to a fairly easy routine up until last week and this week.

Suddenly hes spitting at multiple targets at same time (us to be 1 target at a time for 5k ish damage each spit).

As Is aid, now hes hitting multiple targets at same time AND hitting them harder (today I was hit repeatably for 7.4k as were others)

Last week I had to stop using my campaign equiped commando and switch to my sage because it was just to much damage at different targets for the Commando to heal.

As the sage I use to barely be challenged, now we make it out of fight all under 20% health and barely holding on.

I no longer can do this one fight with my Commando healer, smuggler healer, Bounty Hunter healer.

ONLY my sage with his big aoe and force sheilds can squeek out this fight.

Now I didnt say anything last week and chalked it up to me just being off last week on healing

This week we tried with other sages and troopers and smuggler healers (all have successfully done LI HM before) and NONE OF THEM could survive the 3rd boss.

They all wiped repeatably and said same thing "to much damage to fast. Simply couldnt keep up now"

Pretty sure this a bug as rest of LI continues to function as per always, ONLY THIS FIGHT has been altered.

I looked for patch notes on it and saw nothing.

Not to mention this is made even more difficult with the guarenteed lag issues when boss leaps to pipes (every time he leaps up the group would lag 1-3 seconds before clearing up.) that have been around for as long as I can remember with that fight.

I dont know where to post this.

I sent in a bug report on crafting and you replied with useless form letter saying to post my ideas in suggestion forum (I was reporting a obvious bug, not making a suggestion beyond you fixing bug)

Its common knowledge the Suggestion Forum is where threads go to be ignored and die so not posting this there.

So posting in general in HOPES a mod will direct to a dev team for follow up

I can still finish the fight as my sage is VERY VERY VERY well equiped and designed with huge bonus healing numbers.

But my sage is not the common character, its at the upper end of gear

Im starting to understand why so many people in game saying LI HM impossible to do now.

PS: Let me be clear, Im not complaining about the challenge.

I LIKE THE CHALLENGE

But I read these forums and see all the demands for things to be dumbed down when they are already simplistic beyond reason. So this new challenge will not be met with happiness I think.

Plus I dont think you meant to buff up that one boss so dramatically

I remember what the older version of this fight was like and Id almost say this one boss is behaving like Nightmare mode challenge and not HM challenge.

Thanks for your attention in this

Hrm, I'm absolutely not discounting what you've said - I don't doubt it.

I did it this week on my BH Healer who is mostly Black Hole with 4-5 pieces of Rakata. It was a bit rough since we had melee that loved to stand infront of the big guy and get the unclearable bleed DOT, but we survived through it. We didn't notice any double spitting but the higher damage was there. Usually that came from him being up on the pipes too long in the past.

Not sure why it is doing this to you.

Cant say ive noticed at all (reagrding Donkjey Kong) the healer in our group is always spot on and I have no problems healing it with my IA.. but also id say "Donkey Kong" is proberbly the 2nd easiest boss in LI, the only thing i ever noticed whilst doing it with my jugg, is he had just jumped down and very low health.. my screen threw a wobble and next thing i see on my screen is teh boss is dead and im under teh platform on one of teh post ledges.. had to use my intercede to get back up

He's been extra laggy the last couple weeks, but I've healed it just fine on my sorc, still dosing half the time (sorc is geared, but I'm not a great healer).

Last week u did gave a graphics (I guess?) Bug where I was directly under him and then me and another player got knocked off the ledge at 25%, and then on second try he reset at 15% and then agrod at full (with me at like 20% force due to shock spam. Worked in a few consumptions, and I was dosing him again by the second phase (this was with 2 maras at 16-17k health and a rage jugg tank at 22k-ish.

Other than extra lag haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Dunno, I didn't notice such things on my operative while healing... heck, last week we 3 manned said boss when our tank missed the very first "run under the boss" phase and got killed.

Same as this guy, and my Operative healer is still in mostly columi lvl stuff with some lvl 61 mods/enhancements.

One thing I noticed on LR-5 was last 5% plasma bombs would drop double time. I thought it was a purposeful change to make it hard again. But, I switched to next toon and ran and it was like before. Also, once (donkey Kong) did step back right before smash and we took a hot soup bath.

One thing I noticed on LR-5 was last 5% plasma bombs would drop double time. I thought it was a purposeful change to make it hard again. But, I switched to next toon and ran and it was like before. Also, once (donkey Kong) did step back right before smash and we took a hot soup bath.

donkey kong only steps back if ur to close as the tank, i stand in the front part of the red target circle and haven't had a problem with this. i seen the tank missplaced and this new step back happens 100% of the time now, tricky devs doing this without putting it in the patch notes. for the bubbles he has an enrage timer that cuase him to drop bubbles like rain and even on the tank and thats he way of clearing the group out. the buff he gets is lava charged i think for his enrage

Ran LI last night with no issues. I was using my sage healer. We only wiped twice because one guy kept attacking the spinning droids while we were hitting the mobs. But we had no issues with any of the boss battles. One dps had some gear that was less then tionese.

Don't think it's bugged its the people you run with. You need a strong tank and healer,. The Sav-Rak battle places a lot of pressure on the healer and they need too manage there force power. When I've run with my dps, or tank the common problem is the healer not able to keep up. Edited by Ivan-Drago

I run LI regularly (even 3man it when we are short rather than get a pug) the part where someone said that seems like you were getting double the electric field on LR-5 at the end it just means that you were taking too long to kill him.

As far as savrak spitting to multiple target that is just lag related, just like how sometimes it shows everyone right under him but you go flying off to the lava.... or like when it shows him still on the platform but he is actually on a pipe, nothing new or game breaking just the same old bugs that have been for the past several months.

I haven't noticed anything different the last couple of times we've run it. One thing about this boss is that high DPS makes the healing a lot easier, while low DPS makes the healing much harder. He starts throwing out acid immediately after a stomp, and will continue until he is burned on a pipe. The longer the delay between the stomp and the burn, the worse it gets.

Fortunately most of the DPS in my guild is high enough that we avoid most stomps altogether...he just leaps away and starts spitting at that point. My healer does more damage than healing in those cases.

Funny thing is - as a commando healer when i do it with a good group, this boss is very easy and i barely need to heal. And with bad group/and especially when it bugs and multispits its impossible to heal and all blame the healer.

im betting its not bugged, just a dot. there is a mob the throws out a dot and jumps from player to player if they are within range when it wears off. im betting this is ur problem as i haven't noticed any change in this at all.

If you have high DPS he will end up skipping some mechanics at times, you might see three jumps with no smash, for example. If you go in there with varying groups from week to week what he does will vary. I run with the same people and he his "bugginess" has always been fairly predictable.

im betting its not bugged, just a dot. there is a mob the throws out a dot and jumps from player to player if they are within range when it wears off. im betting this is ur problem as i haven't noticed any change in this at all.

Does the Rakghoul vaccine prevent this ?

Just healed it last night on my Scoundrel healer... Didn't notice anything different from before, one shotted him and moved on.....

Usually when he starts throwing dots at everyone while on the ground is because your DPS is to low, there not getting him to 80% - 60% - 40% - 20% fast enough (thats when he jumps up on the pipes)..... After he pounds his chests and sends everyone flying up, you only have a few seconds to get him to those marks before he starts throwing multiple dots on everyone... When that happens healing becomes a PIA

So make sure your going in with good DPS or you will run into this problem...

Edited by Monoth