Can I refuse to do "The Outlander" expansion and keep my companions as they are now?

Kantaso

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a question

Can I refuse to do "The Outlander" expansion and keep my companions as they are now?

Most likely, yeah.

They don't force you to play RotHC or SoR right now. They can't "force" you to start KOTFE and play it.

Thanks, I think I am going that path, no interested at all in doing The Outlander.

Don't do it on your existing characters then, just use the free immediate to 60 new character to do Outlander and leave the rest alone. You might change your mind too after experiencing it, just a thought.

I play the game for fun, I like the trading of barbs with my companions and in a way I have become fond of them and really I dont want to get rid of any of them, so if the option for the new expansion is to get rid of them I choose no to do so, there is plenty to do in this game for me to last me a life time, I have right now 3 characters in the 40's and 3 characters that they have barely made it to level 10, so I am just playing for the fun aspect of the game.

I am an old trekky and anything that is space related with action on land keeps me interested for a long time.

I play the game for fun, I like the trading of barbs with my companions and in a way I have become fond of them and really I dont want to get rid of any of them, so if the option for the new expansion is to get rid of them I choose no to do so, there is plenty to do in this game for me to last me a life time, I have right now 3 characters in the 40's and 3 characters that they have barely made it to level 10, so I am just playing for the fun aspect of the game.

I am an old trekky and anything that is space related with action on land keeps me interested for a long time.

Funny, but the Trek MMO was made with heavy space and little land. They have added more land content since then but it's still heavy space oriented.

Don't do it on your existing characters then, just use the free immediate to 60 new character to do Outlander and leave the rest alone. You might change your mind too after experiencing it, just a thought.

I think that is a great idea, I may do that for the free 60 and no the rest. Thanks for the suggestion

Funny, but the Trek MMO was made with heavy space and little land. They have added more land content since then but it's still heavy space oriented.

Are you refering to STO? I found it fun, but got a little too complicated for me with all those mandatory dailies.

Edited by Kantaso

I'm sure you can pay to continue to play yesterday's game if you really want. After all, you can stop at "living Ziost" and never move on from there.

Have not made that point yet, will see when I get there, right now I am finishing Hoth and my next stop is Belsavis. :rolleyes:

Crafting is going to change as a whole. Do you really think they are going to let companions stay as they are right now ?

Companions should still have the same roll in crafting as now. This is not an issue.

Edited by Neglience

That's kind of a toss up really.

If you want to level past 60, they probably will make it where you have to do KOTFE.

But wait, aren't they revamping some of the old stuff too? This may be a forced change whether you like it or not. Won't know till it gets here really, unless they say so.

Thanks, I think I am going that path, no interested at all in doing The Outlander.

There's 0 reason not to do both. They give you 1 free 60 to do KotFE without feeling attached to old companions. It's a brilliant way that works even for roleplayers. They can roleplay it from that point as a brand new character.

If you want to level past 60, they probably will make it where you have to do KOTFE.

But wait, aren't they revamping some of the old stuff too? This may be a forced change whether you like it or not. Won't know till it gets here really, unless they say so.

I leveled a number of characters to 60 without being "forced" to do Forged Alliances or ever stepping foot on Rishi. I highly doubt they will "force" us to do KOTFE just to get to lvl 65.

I leveled a number of characters to 60 without being "forced" to do Forged Alliances or ever stepping foot on Rishi. I highly doubt they will "force" us to do KOTFE just to get to lvl 65.

But they also did not do a drastic change on all that either. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying they will, but there is that chance.

The only change coming to the old planets is a faster way to level up.

Edited by Neglience

Just a question

I have a question for you: you won't even give the expansion a chance because you don't want to have the changes to the companions happen? I strongly suggest you consider doing the expansion. Here's why: you don't know what's going to happen with the expansion. Some people might say that the changes are going to be horrible.... but only you can decide if they are horrible or not, just by your experiencing them.