Electronet and Force Barrier...

Ghost_Spectre

Imagine my surprise when my CC breaker did not break it but went on cooldown.

you mean like throwing a cryo grenade on someone with full resolve? tragic man. tragic.

btw: the breaker did break something. just not everything.

Edited by foxmob

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously BW has it out for sorcs/sages making them vulnerable to one of the weakest pvp advanced classes in game! How dare BW insult the sorc/sage community by making them vulnerable to a merc of all things *spit* ewww! lol get over it man its working as intended all you are doing now is crying over spilt milk. Try making an arsenal merc and pvping bro then you can tell me how much BW hates sorcs/sages.

If they do change the tool tip to indicate that Electro Net can do this, they will have to change it from a CC to specific attack ability with secondary affects.

I cannot believe they intended Electro Net to be the ultimate CC that nothing can break it. And before you say, use your CC breaker on it, I did and it did not break it.

Electronet is not a stun, nor is it CC. It is already as you say, and as has been explained by the offical response: an attack with secondary effects. Lots of attacks do similar: they knock you down, they slow your movement speed, etc. You can still move and attack while having electronet on you, therefore it is not CC or "control."

Again. Reading and understanding abilities of other classes is pro. Everything is working as it should. Electronet is a one of a kind ability, and interacts with force barrier in a unique way as such. Get over it.

Edited by Eitetsu

you mean like throwing a cryo grenade on someone with full resolve? tragic man. tragic.

Terrible, terrible.

Like firing an Enet at someone who bubbles/pops shroud just as you do that and it gets resisted.

Sorcs antirapebubble is hugely powerful in cheesing many many abilities or frankly ignoring a huge focus damage attack from other classes and is a second CC breaker.

The existence of one really long CD ability which can block it must be heartbreaking.

Edited by Gyronamics

Obviously BW has it out for sorcs/sages making them vulnerable to one of the weakest pvp advanced classes in game! How dare BW insult the sorc/sage community by making them vulnerable to a merc of all things *spit* ewww!

Thanks for this. rofl

Ignoring the bickering (really, people - you are better than that, aren't you?) there seems to be the potential issue of Force Barrier actually going on cooldown in addition to being blocked. The design (according to the yellow post) is that it should be blocked entirely from use, and thus not also going on cooldown.

Has this been confirmed, either way?

Edited by DarthDak
Clarification

This works precisely as designed. The Hindered effect is not considered a controlling effect. Controlling effects are considered to be effects that cause you to lose control of your character's ability to move - things like Stun, Blind, Immobilize, and Slow. When Electro Net is used on you, notice that Slowed and Hindered are separate effects. You can use Force Barrier while Slowed, but not while Hindered. The Hindered effect allows you to maintain control of your character while active, but it specifically prevents you from using certain escapes such as the ones already listed in Electro Net's tooltip and Force Barrier.

Force Barrier is considered both a defensive cooldown and an escape, since it allows you to completely escape taking damage while it is channeled. If you are Hindered, and find yourself in a situation where you would like to use Force Barrier, then you may use Unbreakable Will/Force of Will to remove the Hindered effect. Then you can activate Force Barrier. Again, I apologize for the poor tooltip descriptions in this regard, as Unbreakable Will/Force of Will tooltips do not state that they remove Hindered (but they do).

While I understand the intent to make Hindered a separate effect from Slowed and other controlling effects (though there is still the begged question of why Hindered isn't a Controlling effect), it seems to still conflict with the tool tip of Force Barrier.

(Emphasis added)

Projects a Force Barrier around you, granting immunity to all control, damage, and negative effects while channeled. This ability does not respect the global cooldown and can be used while controlled.

What kind of effect is Hindered considered? Is it a positive or neutral effect? Or perhaps I should be asking: what is a negative effect?' If Hindered is not considered a negative effect, what is it considered? Perhaps (and I don't mean to sound flippant) these terms could be more precisely defined so confusion isn't created in the future.

Edited by stan_stilpleeze

So basically you're mad because they aren't as unbelievably OP as they were prior to 1.2? LOL! Sorc/ Sage is still by far the easiest class to play for max return.

lol, unbeliable op because of a self stun, how could that even happen?

Edited by Never_Hesitate

In this case, the problem even lies in mechanics explainations/tips, not the ability tooltip : it is clearly said that only accuracy above 100% reduces defences chances, but even with more than 100% of defense left, there are still these 5% of being hit that have not been explained anywhere but here on the forums.

Resilience works on 200% resistance not defense. Accuracy has nothing to do with how broken resilience is when it comes to force and tech attacks. On topic, I understand now why in some cases, I could not use my force barrier on sage and was panicking!

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Resilience works on 200% resistance not defense. Accuracy has nothing to do with how broken resilience is when it comes to force and tech attacks.

You disappoint me. Resistance is a kind of defense. Defense is the generic name for "avoidance", regardless of attack type. (Look your only talent that is say to increase "defense by 2%" it will increase resitance) And yes it has to do with accuracy because it was supposed to be the sole mean to by-pass Resilience with a high amount of it. But they changed general mechanics of defense, the RNG that uses Accuracy and resistance in the case of Force and Tech, by putting a minimum of 5% hit chances but no tooltip say these 5% exist. And so that's not that Resilience is broken, but that they changed core mechanics without any prior notice or note, and this change made Resilience weaker. The only reason that we know this now is that because a dev once responded to the Resilience thread giving this explaination.

But resilience, has not changed itself, and is not bugged that's that the general behavior of the game.

Edited by Altheran

Uber ability? You mean like the Marauder's Enraged Defense? Or the Trooper/Merc's Hydraulic Override? Or Shadow/Assassin's? Phase Walk? Of the Jugg/Guardian's immunity to all controlling effects after force leaping when spec for it? Oh yeah, I forgot to mention they all have short cool downs. Never mind that the Sorcerer/Sage's uber ability has the longest cool down in the game and only lasts for 10 secs. Oh yeah it's so f'n uber. Oh and we forget to mention that it is a self CC that removes the ACs in question from doing anything to help the team. Yup, you're right it is completely and utterly UBER! A mature person would have looked at it from the stand point in association with all other powers. I guess that leaves you out Asavrede.

So pardon me for questioning the establishment again...should I go ahead and eat a round now for penitence?

Love how most of the abilities you note as some of the "uber" ones all have a decent countermeasure in one form or another, but cry because your ability (which, face it, can be absolutely redicilously good when used correctly and in the right situations) has one counter, which only one AC has accsess to.

If you did decide to leave this game, good riddance.

Commandos have had even more of a **** time "since 1.2", as you were saying, than sorcs, and now that they have gotten one thing to keep them somewhat competetive to other classes, you come here and try to ruin it for everyone.