Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission BUG - Taris: Bonus Series

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Mission BUG - Taris: Bonus Series
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tofu_Shark
09.08.2017 , 12:16 AM | #51
Guys, please post in the main thread so everyone's experience with this bug is in a single thread and it stays on the first page of the bugs forum.
If I've been helpful or you liked my post, click my referral link
Also if you just want some free stuff.
Of course, I get something out of it too.

Backonin
10.08.2017 , 04:38 AM | #52
I wonder when they at last read this thread to fix bonus series to not locking after using abandon or reset. This bug exists on each planet.

Hash_ashin
01.17.2018 , 06:15 PM | #53
The year 2018.
Bug in Taris Bonus Series still exists in the Galaxy far far away.

I mean, this bug shouldn't be so hard to fix. Either combine all required quests into one chain or make proper checking of [if]'s, so if the quest was completed prior to the stage in the Taris: Bonus Series it would check as completed.

Backonin
01.22.2018 , 03:40 AM | #54
It should work like with planetary story quest chain. If one quest chain (the purple ones) was done before it directs to receive such quest, it automatically finishes after short speach with quest giver. The same should be with bonus series after early finishining quest before directing.

SteveTheCynic
01.22.2018 , 06:29 AM | #55
Yes, of course it's easy to set them up to function correctly. What do you do for all the people who have already triggered the bug? That's a little harder.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Backonin
01.23.2018 , 04:56 AM | #56
Interesting thing. They will fix some bug with bonus series in Imps Belsavis. Question is now - will it refer just to this one chain which looks quite similar to this with resetting or doing some quest chain before it has beginning. Or will it fix all these bugs with bonus series where everywhere can happen? Anyway it seems they at last looked into these bugs.

SteveTheCynic
01.23.2018 , 07:58 AM | #57
Quote: Originally Posted by Backonin View Post
Interesting thing. They will fix some bug with bonus series in Imps Belsavis. Question is now - will it refer just to this one chain which looks quite similar to this with resetting or doing some quest chain before it has beginning. Or will it fix all these bugs with bonus series where everywhere can happen? Anyway it seems they at last looked into these bugs.
Depends. The patch notes aren't clear about the bug being fixed there: do they mean completing "Scientific Endeavours" before starting "Belsavis Reborn", or do they mean that the bonus series doesn't work even if you do it correctly? (If the latter, then the bugs being described here are still open everywhere, sadly.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Tofu_Shark
01.23.2018 , 10:56 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Backonin View Post
They did?! You have proof? Please post it in the main thread! I hope they will fix all the bonus series at once.
If I've been helpful or you liked my post, click my referral link
Also if you just want some free stuff.
Of course, I get something out of it too.

Backonin
01.23.2018 , 01:19 PM | #59
Players who complete the Scientific Endeavors Mission on Belsavis will no longer be blocked from completing Belsavis Reborn. That is how it written in patch notes but how it works I don`t know. We have to see is it works like we would like too

ArmchairMagpie
04.22.2018 , 02:21 AM | #60
This is the second time this happens on my character and it seems to be mainly an issue on Republic side bonus series. It appears some bonus series are supposed to run synchronously while you are on the planet while others are merely an addition after you are done. This seems to be a very non-intuitive design as is and those synchronous quests shouldn't be categorized as "bonus" at a all while others should have their quest givers designated as "Bonus" beneath the name of their quest givers similar to the story arcs. This would probably prevent breaking of quests. It also seems that - on the backend side - there seems to be no tracking of whether a quest has been done or not in order to auto-continue. That this is possible can be seen on Imperial side on Belsavis where more often than not you accidentally complete an objective but will get a confirmation of that once you trigger the relative quest object.

Any way this is an old issue and not a critical one to begin with but usually, as a developer, when you have a bucket list you eventually end up fixing things once it affects the experience of your customers.