Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Mission BUG - Taris: Bonus Series

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Mission BUG - Taris: Bonus Series
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Frost_D
12.27.2015 , 01:39 PM | #1
Hello!

Almost a month ago I wrote a ticket about a mission bug...
This bug is in the Taris Bonus Series where I can't (and many more players) finish the mission (Taris Bonus Series). In the mission log it's says I have to complete "Missing Link" but I can't. In the mission log the description is grayed out and if I track the mission there is nothing under the main mission name (Taris Bonus Series).

I would like to ask you when it will be fixed?

Erevan_Kindelar
12.27.2015 , 01:55 PM | #2
If I had to guess, it will not be fixed in a way that will allow you to progress it.
It might be fixed so that people coming to the situation brand new will not be able to talk to Mola Haxtor before getting to the relevant point in the Bonus Quest chain, but for the people who have already encountered the problem - that Missing Link is both non-repeatable and also available separately to the Bonus Series, so that if you happen to go exploring in the area and pick up then complete the quest, it is done and when you come to do the Bonus Series, you cannot pick it up again to advance the Bonus Series.
The "easy" option would be for the devs to amend the mission tracking on the Bonus Series to either remove the requirement to have completed Missing Link, or for the system to recognise that you have already completed the mission.
I had a discussion about that one, and a couple of other Bonus Series' which have similar potentially blocking missions a while ago. Let's just say that he warned me I was close to a ban for some of the language I was using :P
I am telling the truth, honestly! I am as honest as the day is long! Besides, I am a terrible liar, everyone can see when I am lying - my lips are moving.
Like most other subs, I have a Referral Link. Clicking it gets you some stuff, and me some stuff too.

Frost_D
12.27.2015 , 03:43 PM | #3
Well you see, this is the thing I truly don't care!

This is my second character because of a mission bug. First was on Rishi and the it was a class story mission bug and I can't complete it because I've already done the KotFE. I say OK then I start a new character. And here we are I can't do a mission because of a ******* mission.

I am (and many more players) a subscribe how pay for this game. Don't tell me its so hard to fix.

Here is the thing: I love this game but all of these bug take away my mood...
I wait till my sub comes to an end and if this bug is not fixed in way I can finish it then bye bye SWTOR!

DreamShot
12.28.2015 , 01:32 PM | #4
Mods should have the power to let you redo a quest. That's all they need to do. Instead, they address their players' tickets who, let me remind you, can be paying somewhere around 15 bucks a month for the game, with an auto-response that frankly is so embarrassing I don't know why it's still there. What type of response is "We only deal with class story quests"? So basically all the other quests are just crap they don't care about then, right?

They don't even address the issues here. at all. I barely see any mod interaction in these bug threads to show acknowledgement on their end. But I guess that's kinda standard nowadays. How in the hell did gaming get to this point where people are okay with being treated like complete crap by companies and the quality level at the top has dropped so low? But I digress, and I guess with the money I've put into the game I can't complain about others.

Once I'm done with the storylines on my characters, thought, I'm so out of here. That was the plan from the start but I thought the game would win me over to stick around. Nope, that probably won't happen. I'll encourage others to stay away too whenever the occasion arises because however good the storylines may be the game is being treated so bad it doesn't deserve our time. Hopefully others feel the same and whatever team is left working on this will understand that you gotta work harder than this to sustain an AAA MMO.

Frost_D
12.29.2015 , 07:27 AM | #5
Still no response to my ticket!

At least a simple answer like: "OK. Thanks for the report we will fix it" or something.

Lethalstramboli
02.15.2016 , 10:53 AM | #6
Can't you just reset the mission and untrack it?

Casquan
02.18.2016 , 10:46 AM | #7
Hi,

Is there any update? I am a new player (subscriber) and i cannot speak with one of the NPC (Mola Haxto I suppose).
Reset and abandonment of mission does not help.

Stargater_CZ
04.29.2016 , 04:31 AM | #8
Same here, I just submited the bug report. My problem was, that it let me complete Sergeant Mack mission when I was first on Taris (I wondered why it was so much harder then the others.. ). Since the ending of the chain is luckily on youtube and the reward is only 5 common crystals it's not a big deal. Still annoying tho.

nanamaryjj
04.29.2016 , 06:03 AM | #9
Got exact same issue.
When I was originally on taris, I had show exploration quests etc turned on, and done all available quests
Including one that was part of the bonus series
When I started the bonus series, it asked me to go speak to an npc who's quest I had already done
Couldn't talk to them, even though the icon was there
Reset quest, and still stuck
IMO they should change the colour of any related bonus series quests, to seperate them from the normals
Sure, some will still complete them, but if it even helps one person.....
Want free stuff in Star Wars? 7 day subscription, inventory upgrade and lots lots more. Current Subscribers can also get all the items!
Click my referral link <3
http://www.swtor.com/r/XN8WzL

Jedi_riches
04.29.2016 , 07:44 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by nanamaryjj View Post
IMO they should change the colour of any related bonus series quests, to seperate them from the normals
Sure, some will still complete them, but if it even helps one person.....
I was just about to say that but yeah Bioware should be able to do something to stop this happening, be it change the colour or icon to show players to stay away from it or simply not allow players to pick them up until the quest directs you there.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock