Artifice & Archeology

lightspeed

Devs,

Could you please give these 2 some attention. I like the changes you made to artificing we now finally have plenty of products to make and they are RE-able. But that has led to a big problem.

Every craft skill has multiple products and are based on different materials. For instance as an armortech you only have 2 metals you need (desh, and I forget) at tier one but it all comes from the same node and that node is plentiful. But as an artificer there are a lot less nodes and you only get the base crystal from it. And then the nodes rotate from power crystals, color crystals or the appropriate artifacts. There are just too many different components needed. Something needs to be done to streamline the components in line with the other crafting skills. Nevermind the bulge to my inventory, but the sheer mass of what I need is hard to attain as there are so many different ingredients needed.

Erm, do you mean at max level?

Coz I took my Artifice from 25 to around 350 today and it was really trivial and easy.

Archeology gives you EVERYTHING you need.

If you need help levelling it try these tips - Basically:

* Skip colour crystals entirely - the recipes go grey almost immediately, so don't bother collecting them in Archeology.

* Use a companion with +Artifice skill if you have one (ie Khem Val). Helps a lot.

* Dump all your mats into your cargo hold. You have to manually stack them for some reason or you run out of space, but once in there your crew will take the right mats out automatically when you start a craft.

* Reverse engineer EVERYTHING except the odd exceptional item that will sell at massive profit. You will get 50% of the mats back making the craft efficient, plus you get blue recipies.

* Run Bountiful and Rich crafting auxillery material missions (ie Thermionic Gel Suspensions etc) - with 1 companion. This saves you hundreds of credits in mats.

* Run 2:1 Artifact : Power Crystal missions with your other guy.

* Use bountiful and rich yields only where cost efficient to do so - you don't get extra skillups from orange missions, and there's a higher chance of failure.

* Keep going with green recipes until you totally run out of mats, or they go grey - it's very generous with skill-ups.

* If you end up with large stacks of lowbie mats, sometimes they're worth a pile on the AH with people trying to powerlevel artifice without archeology.

Edited by Daemonlaud

Erm, do you mean at max level?

Coz I took my Artifice from 25 to around 350 today and it was really trivial and easy.

Archeology gives you EVERYTHING you need.

If you need help levelling it try these tips - Basically:

* Skip colour crystals entirely - the recipes go grey almost immediately, so don't bother collecting them in Archeology.

* Use a companion with +Artifice skill if you have one (ie Khem Val). Helps a lot.

* Dump all your mats into your cargo hold. You have to manually stack them for some reason or you run out of space, but once in there your crew will take the right mats out automatically when you start a craft.

* Reverse engineer EVERYTHING except the odd exceptional item that will sell at massive profit. You will get 50% of the mats back making the craft efficient, plus you get blue recipies.

* Run Bountiful and Rich crafting auxillery material missions (ie Thermionic Gel Suspensions etc) - with 1 companion. This saves you hundreds of credits in mats.

* Run 2:1 Artifact : Power Crystal missions with your other guy.

* Use bountiful and rich yields only where cost efficient to do so - you don't get extra skillups from orange missions, and there's a higher chance of failure.

* Keep going with green recipes until you totally run out of mats, or they go grey - it's very generous with skill-ups.

* If you end up with large stacks of lowbie mats, sometimes they're worth a pile on the AH with people trying to powerlevel artifice without archeology.

But arch doesn't give you need, not in the quantity you need at least. I got the recipe for blue/red/green crystals and couldn't make any because all the way through coruscant I never got enough of anyone one color crystal to make it. And yes I gathered every node I came across, T1 mats were grey to me in the jedi temple. I finally had to break down and run arch missions till I finally got enough green crytals to make one. Forget bout REing them I never had enough mat to consider that.

Artifacts - I'm always at a deficit with those, gather every node I come across and I scour area's, every planet I've cleared I have scoured every corner I can get to. Again I usually have to do arch missions because there are not enough artifact nodes.

And you shouldn't have to run arch missions, from what the devs said before what you need should be available to those who take the time to gather....and I take the time....a lot of time. Thats why my Sage is only 27th even after being in on early access the first day.

There are just too many types of materials needed for artificing. And I don't think you're getting it. At T1 armortech/armstech/cybertech need 2 different metals which both come from the same node, so only 1 node is involved with the repop rotation.

Where artificing has power crystal nodes, red/green/blue color nodes and artifact nodes. That means every time a node repops theres not one but 5 different nodes that can pop and that doesn't include the fact that in a T1 area a T2 node could also pop, slim chance but I have seen T2 power crystal nodes pop in the first part of coruscant which dilutes the rotation even more.

What really should be done is like the scavenger nodes. One node can give you both metals you need plus the plastoid stuff. So for arch when you gather it you get a chance of power/color crystals as well as artifacts. Then scavenging and archealogy would be even.

Have anyone problem with learning 1st schems for Mods on 240 skill? I have 241 skill in artifice and still can not learn schems for mods.

I had this problem at 160, if you change the search from trainable to All, they will still come up red but as long as you meet the skill req. you can right click and learn the skills, its just a bug

I had this problem at 160, if you change the search from trainable to All, they will still come up red but as long as you meet the skill req. you can right click and learn the skills, its just a bug

Not when it comes to mods in the artiface trainer, we aren't supposed to be able to see those, as we are not able to make mods. I am sure it will be patched in the next 100 years so we can't see them.

Devs,

Could you please give these 2 some attention. I like the changes you made to artificing we now finally have plenty of products to make and they are RE-able. But that has led to a big problem.

Every craft skill has multiple products and are based on different materials. For instance as an armortech you only have 2 metals you need (desh, and I forget) at tier one but it all comes from the same node and that node is plentiful. But as an artificer there are a lot less nodes and you only get the base crystal from it. And then the nodes rotate from power crystals, color crystals or the appropriate artifacts. There are just too many different components needed. Something needs to be done to streamline the components in line with the other crafting skills. Nevermind the bulge to my inventory, but the sheer mass of what I need is hard to attain as there are so many different ingredients needed.

The other issue with archeology (and slicing) is that these are two gathering skills which only allows two means of collection: nodes or missions. The other two gathering skills have 3 means of collecting: nodes, missions, and dead mobs. I think it would be good if archeologists could collect from force-associated mobs after they are killed to obtain crafting items (although these would be random - so color or power or artifact) and allow slicers to gather from troop-type of mobs (credits, missions, etc).

Edited by Msbungle

The other issue with archeology (and slicing) is that these are two gathering skills which only allows two means of collection: nodes or missions. The other two gathering skills have 3 means of collecting: nodes, missions, and dead mobs. I think it would be good if archeologists could collect from force-associated mobs after they are killed to obtain crafting items (although these would be random - so color or power or artifact) and allow slicers to gather from troop-type of mobs (credits, missions, etc).

QFT. It be very handy if we could gather from dead bodies like bioanalysis. My friend levels biochem much faster and cheaper because he can gather from what he kills and just craft green gear without bothering to run missions.