Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The reason Sorcerers/Sages are OP in PvP

mandrillagon
02.13.2012 , 10:59 PM | #1031
I hope I don't eat my words earlier complaining about sorc having too much utility but after leveling a sorc I enjoy the class so much I'm hoping they are not nerfed after all.

Sorc do have a ton of utility and madness healing spec is awesome. I love how force lightning in that spec restores my force reserves and has no cooldown. The class is really balanced when you consider how every class is being called out for a nerf in one way or another.

People raged about tracer missle for example. Nerf raging over shockfrozen water though is legit and that should be nerfed since the benefits is mostly experienced by stealth classes.

We should all learn a lesson from scoundrels as well since post nerf they are pretty much pathetic. Don't make every class as useless as operative is now.

Aidank
02.13.2012 , 11:00 PM | #1032
Quote: Originally Posted by Lormif View Post
I does not matter, you have one of the highest bursts in the game...

Second, whirlwind best? It is ONLY good for getting away and maybe capping something.. You cant use it in battle because it breaks on anything.
Whirlwind is the best single target mezz in the game, you don't use mezzes on people you're planning on attacking.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

Lormif
02.13.2012 , 11:00 PM | #1033
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
Clearly referring to my sentinel
So in that post, you were clearly referring to your sent, even though you did not mention your sent? I am sorry I forgot to turn on my mind reading ability, there it is now turned on.

Lormif
02.13.2012 , 11:01 PM | #1034
Quote: Originally Posted by Aidank View Post
Whirlwind is the best single target mezz in the game, you don't use mezzes on people you're planning on attacking.
or have been attacking, or may be attacked by someone else.. It is an ability that is HIGHLY situational.

Tumri
02.13.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1035
or have been attacking, or may be attacked by someone else.. It is an ability that is HIGHLY situational.
Lets use the Marauder as an example shall we? Our only real CC outside of Fail Choke is our AoE mezz. I know that it can be used to great effect situationally. Because you play a sorcerer it seems you're just far too spoiled when it comes to CC to see how useful such an ability is. I would trade my AoE mezz for a whirlwind any day.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com

Telaan
02.13.2012 , 11:04 PM | #1036
Quote: Originally Posted by Tumri View Post
1. YES. Game mechanics are the basis of everything. If Melee attacks causes enough pushback to completely cancel abilities would they not be overpowered? Could I just say "it's a broken game mechanic so it's fine"? No. That's one of the most idiotic arguments mentioned here. It's like saying that 50lbs is actually 40lbs because if gravity was slightly weaker it would weigh 40lbs.

2. No. I've posted evidence against this point multiple times. I didn't post this because I died to Sorcerers. I posted this because their utility is overpowered and I dislike grossly imbalanced specs(0/20/21). I've showed screenshots where I was topping 3-4 consecutive(see time and the PvP daily for proof) warzones where I was 30-50% above the next highest. The MASS MAJORITY of Sorcerers on my server are bad. There are a few semi-skilled ones that abuse this spec to be extremely strong in PvP. The great Sorcerers that use the spec just cannot be stopped by anyone.
I'm sorry, but the most idiotic of all arguments is arguing for a balanced class to be nerfed because a basic game mechanic (resolve) is broken.....rather than arguing for said broken mechanic (resolve) be fixed. That is the opitomy of idiotic arguments.

Lastly, anyone who says...

The great Sorcerers that use the spec just cannot be stopped by anyone.
.....is clearly full of crap. Sorry to sound so rude, but it's true. There's really no use arguing with some who says something like that.
Kype Lightwave/Telaan Lightwave -Pot5- "Pistols' RP Apprentice"
Telaan Lightwave Pre-CU Jedi Knight -JKO- Bloodfin
Master LS/Master Healer/Enhancer 4xx4

Aidank
02.13.2012 , 11:05 PM | #1037
So in that post, you were clearly referring to your sent, even though you did not mention your sent? I am sorry I forgot to turn on my mind reading ability, there it is now turned on.
I referenced my sentinel in the post before, the one that you quoted and I replied to.

Doesn't take mind reading, you just need to drop that selective memory that kicks in whenever someone calls you on the fact you don't know anything about a class's mechanics.

Not to mention, If I wasn't talking about my sentinel, only 1/6 of the jedi knight specs get access to the talent that makes stasis instant, so you can reasonably assume that's not what I was talking about.
Quote: Originally Posted by HileyQuiggley View Post
Nerf Grav Round are you serious? What else could we possibly do after that?

revned
02.13.2012 , 11:06 PM | #1038
You're just OP irl.
L2

revned
02.13.2012 , 11:07 PM | #1039
Lets use the Marauder as an example shall we? Our only real CC outside of Fail Choke is our AoE mezz. I know that it can be used to great effect situationally. Because you play a sorcerer it seems you're just far too spoiled when it comes to CC to see how useful such an ability is. I would trade my AoE mezz for a whirlwind any day.
insta-whirlwind...dont leave that part out, insta.
L2

Tumri
02.13.2012 , 11:08 PM | #1040
Quote: Originally Posted by Telaan View Post
I'm sorry, but the most idiotic of all arguments is arguing for a balanced class to be nerfed because a basic game mechanic (resolve) is broken.....rather than arguing for said broken mechanic (resolve) be fixed. That is the opitomy of idiotic arguments.
No. The resolve we have is the resolve we have. It's how the game works. Class Balance is considered with current mechanics. Saying that a totally new resolve system would cause Sorcerers to be balanced is stupid. If everyone moved 2x faster then melee would be at a huge advantage vs ranged. If CC was half as effective as it is now then heavy CC classes would be a lot weaker. You don't argue something is balanced based on theoretical game mechanics. You argue based on current game mechanics.
Wrath
Pre-Launch Hardcore Guild that has moved on to better games.
www.wrathnation.com