Okay BW seriously, why have you not implemented it yet.

Spasi

Its time to have weapons on the outfit designer. The new system needs it. I am forced to use multiple weapons and waste millions of credits only to have the lightsabers i want. This should have been released with Onslaught to be honest. What's taking so long, its something probably everyone playing the game wants. It shouldn't be all that hard to make. Why isn't it in yet? Have you even started working on it? Is it even on the radar for development? Have some love for us fashion players and please get it in as soon as possible.

Its time to have weapons on the outfit designer. The new system needs it. I am forced to use multiple weapons and waste millions of credits only to have the lightsabers i want. This should have been released with Onslaught to be honest. What's taking so long, its something probably everyone playing the game wants. It shouldn't be all that hard to make. Why isn't it in yet? Have you even started working on it? Is it even on the radar for development? Have some love for us fashion players and please get it in as soon as possible.

Yes, Bioware has been looking at how to add weapons into the outfit designer, but supposedly it's a much more complicated system than it looks from the outside. It requires an entire overhaul of the outfit designer, in order to be able to add weapon slots into it. Granted, that post was already from a year or more back, but they have stated that they are looking at ways how to include a weapon slot into the outfit designer. But just like with the much requested hood toggle, apparently these things are much more complicated on the inside than they seem to us on the outside.

Edited by Ylliarus

Yes, Bioware has been looking at how to add weapons into the outfit designer, but supposedly it's a much more complicated system than it looks from the outside. It requires an entire overhaul of the outfit designer, in order to be able to add weapon slots into it. Granted, that post was already from a year or more back, but they have stated that they are looking at ways how to include a weapon slot into the outfit designer. But just like with the much requested hood toggle, apparently these things are much more complicated on the inside than they seem to us on the outside.

If they can't make weapon outfit they must make all weapons legacy. Both my maras use same cm sabers but i dont have two hilts with 1.20 weapon expertise (we took my 20 millions to get), two 457 power mods and 431 crit enhacements. And taking out/put in all parts to send them takes money and time..

IF they could not either make weapon outfit or make all weapons legacy they shouldn't have provided such a long and dumb rng gearing progress

Actually, for me, I have been getting so many barrels and hilts and mods that I don't need to use Legacy Weapons anymore. The 10 toons I play the most have 306 weapons and offhands unique to themselves. I do have legacy weapons with 306 for when I do play the others though.

If they can't make weapon outfit they must make all weapons legacy. Both my maras use same cm sabers but i dont have two hilts with 1.20 weapon expertise (we took my 20 millions to get), two 457 power mods and 431 crit enhacements. And taking out/put in all parts to send them takes money and time..

IF they could not either make weapon outfit or make all weapons legacy they shouldn't have provided such a long and dumb rng gearing progress

It's not that they can't do it, it's just that they said that it's a complex system. And since they have to prioritize what to put in, in each Patch or Update, they have to pick and choose what they devote more time and resources on and what can wait. Apparently, the devs don't consider weapons in the Outfit Designer to be a pressing topic.

There would be a few things to consider about weapons in "outfit designer".

First of all, as Steve says, I like to switch weapons independently from outfits. So I would lean towards a separate "weapons outfit"

Secondly, if the weapon in an outfit is just the "skin", there could be many, many issues around lining up the look of the weapon with the display of firing effects and attack animations. Think of things like a multi-barreled canon overlaid on a single barrel. Or a shoto overlaid on a regular lightsaber. Etc, etc. Weapons of different physical sizes could have laser animations coming from unrealistic places.

If instead, you want the weapon to actually change completely - not just the skin - then you get all sorts of technical issues since outfit designer is not meant to change specs, just skins.

In any case, as I often point out, this is to me a rather moot point because:

- as was pointed out, so many hilts, barrels, mods, and enhancements drop these days that it doesn't take much to fully kit out multiple weapons of your choice. You can even just have a "main" maxxed out weapon and several lesser spec'd weapons for show.

- you can keep multiple weapons in you inventory and drag them to a skill bar. Then you can change them instantly by just clicking on the skillbar icon - with only one big caveat - when dual-wielding you'll need to actually drag the offhand from inventory.

For example, as I said in some other thread, my Guardian has 3 weapons in it's inventory - a Shoto (with green crystal), a regular lightsaber (almond crystal), and a Sword (purple crystal). I can simply click on them on a skillbar to change the weapon to mix & match with the outfit.

The only possible advantage to having weapons in outfit designer, or a similar sort of weapon designer, would be the lack of need to add hilts, barrels, and other mods. That IMHO would be outweighed by all the graphic anomalies that switching weapon skins would cause.

Edited by JediQuaker

I was unaware that the issue was more complicated than it seems.Although i should have figured it out by now.I guess it will come when it comes ill have to make do until it does.

PS:Can we have the ancient sith lord's warblade on the back instead of the hips.Non issue i know but it will look cooler.