Ranked PvP Leaderboards not updating

LeglessChair

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really dunno what this is about,t hey also don't give any details. What mainly pisses ppl off is how Eric handled it last time, he just said, leaderboards are update, let me know if they are not updating.

I mean, it looked as if it was just tiny mistake which is fixed with one click! Then he even says "let me know" well, we have been letting him know since it was fixed! I really dont know what they wanna achieve with this behavior.

Leaderboard data should now be addressed, working on why server names aren't displaying. If you notice that they stop updating, lemme know!

-eric

Yup, this was on 12th of december.

"lemme know"

Ok next time Eric tell us HOW to let you know, cause the forums are full of people that are telling you this!

Yup, this was on 12th of december.

"lemme know"

Ok next time Eric tell us HOW to let you know, cause the forums are full of people that are telling you this!

Yeah exactly, i've sent him a PM and people have been telling him on forums, he's just ignoring it.... starting to get pissed off

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick update. We are seeing some incorrect data being pulled into the season 9 leaderboards, so we are going to disable them for the time being while we investigate. It doesn't look like it will be fixed today, I will let you know of any updates early next week. This has no effect on Season 9 in-game.

-eric

Hey folks,

Quick update. We are seeing some incorrect data being pulled into the season 9 leaderboards, so we are going to disable them for the time being while we investigate. It doesn't look like it will be fixed today, I will let you know of any updates early next week. This has no effect on Season 9 in-game.

-eric

If the leaderboards can't be updated every 2 hours, can it AT LEAST be done once every week? Like when weeklies reset? I'd personally be fine with that. Those of us left who still do solo ranked are really irritated about this and we'd like the leaderboards to update itself from time to time, even if it isn't every 2 hours because once every month or so is flat-out unacceptable.

If the leaderboards can't be updated every 2 hours, can it AT LEAST be done once every week?

the leaderboards are obviously bugged, so there is no point in making them update once a week instead of every 2 hours, because the "monthly update" (what we have right now) isn't intended anyway. In the first months of Season 9 leaderboards updated about once a day iirc, which is what we should expect at least. All it needs is the system to work correctly, then there should be no difference between updates every 2 hours and every week.

Also leaderboards sort order is completely fcked up not only for season 9 but for every other season! now that you took season 9 offline, maybe you should just take leaderboards offline completely to also fix sort order of past seasons.

Hey folks,

-eric

Thanks and hopefully this isn't too hard to fix.

Speaking for myself here, I would accept a longer downtime if it meant you could put some kind of auto-purge in to check for and remove obvious wintrades (ex: 15 wins and 2k elo). It would also be really cool if the lbs could be downloaded as a spreadsheet so the community could more easily help out with the less obvious cases.

Being at the top of the leaderboards is an honour, as well as something a subscriber who is successful in ranked is paying for, and it's demoralizing when players who should be near the top (or at the top) are not due to cheating. Allowing cheaters to stay on the leaderboards also sends a bad message, and that message is that you will not reprimand cheating. I also believe that being more vigilant wrt the functionality of the leaderboards and the entries on said leaderboards will improve customer loyalty as well.

Edited by LeglessChair

Thanks and hopefully this isn't too hard to fix.

Speaking for myself here, I would accept a longer downtime if it meant you could put some kind of auto-purge in to check for and remove obvious wintrades (ex: 15 wins and 2k elo). It would also be really cool if the lbs could be downloaded as a spreadsheet so the community could more easily help out with the less obvious cases.

Being at the top of the leaderboards is an honour, as well as something a subscriber who is successful in ranked is paying for, and it's demoralizing when players who should be near the top (or at the top) are not due to cheating. Allowing cheaters to stay on the leaderboards also sends a bad message, and that message is that you will not reprimand cheating. I also believe that being more vigilant wrt the functionality of the leaderboards and the entries on said leaderboards will improve customer loyalty as well.

Heh another WintradePolice? :D

Anyway, I think thats for Bioware to do. Its pretty obvious who does that. However, the real Pro's who do it are doing in such a way that it looks 100% legit. They use que dodging and sync que. Thats not something you can track easily and those are the real cheaters!

The leaderboards have been bugged way too often for way too long, this happens basically every season. You need to think about changing them, they‘re obviously inherently flawed. In addition to constantly not updating properly, they also bug out when someone changes their name or transfers servers, leading to duplicates, a rating that‘s not updating, or the player disappearing from the boards altogether. Please learn from your mistakes and fix this!

I suggest you greatly reduce the data overload to begin with. Wipe the leaderboards after this season and stop tracking past seasons from that point on. People have their rewards to show and nobody cares about what rating someone had in season 2. Track only the top 50 or maybe top 100 of each class in team and solo ranked. Nobody cares about low rated players being on the leaderboard, and if they do it‘s probably to shame them for being low rated anyway. If you can‘t fix the underlying code or whatever is causing these problems for many years now, this is probably the easiest bandaid solution. Just effin do something.

Edited by DynamiCtagez