Reverse Engineering Bonded Attachments

Rynak

I recently tried my hand at making augmentation kits, starting at level 5 and intending to work my way up with my slicing character. I found that reverse engineering bonded attachments used to give augmentation slot components and now do not. Was allowing it a bug, or no longer getting augmentation slot components during RE a bug, or was this intentionally changed? I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere, but searching Google and these forums with a time period of the last 3 months has not yielded an answer.

there is a bug where if you store created components in materials storage they lose the created by you flag. without that flag they will not deconstruct into augmentation slot components. the same applies to components created byy other people.

there are 2 workarounds currently. The first is NEVER store components you make in materials storage. the second is to remove them from storage, to your character inventory, then create more of the same... this apeaars to reapply the flag to the stack.

Normally they do, *but* (there's always a "*but*"...)...

If you put the bonded attachments into your legacy materials storage and then pull them out, they become "crafted by someone else" and a subsequent deconstruction will not yield augment kit components.

You can "fix" them by taking them out of the materials storage and then crafting another. It will contaminate the entire stack with "made by this character" even if they were really made by someone else. Once your companion has crafted the new one, you can deconstruct the stack.

Alternatively, craft them and immediately deconstruct them.

Normally they do, *but* (there's always a "*but*"...)...

If you put the bonded attachments into your legacy materials storage and then pull them out, they become "crafted by someone else" and a subsequent deconstruction will not yield augment kit components.

You can "fix" them by taking them out of the materials storage and then crafting another. It will contaminate the entire stack with "made by this character" even if they were really made by someone else. Once your companion has crafted the new one, you can deconstruct the stack.

Alternatively, craft them and immediately deconstruct them.

This is absolutely the correct workaround. Whether they are still in a stack in your inventory, or a stack taken out of materials inventory, you should craft a single fresh new one to add to the stack. This will convert, flag, designate, whatever the stack to being eligible to deconstruct for aug kit components.

For what its worth, this has been the case since 4.x I think.

Ah, for what it's worth, I haven't played the game in a long time (way before augment kits were a thing). I'm trying the game out again since it tanked after the end game and balance issues. My friends stopped playing so I eventually got tired of playing by myself. Now a group of friends are playing again, so I am as well.

Thanks for the information, this has answered my question as to why suddenly I was no longer receiving the Augmentation Slot Component when deconstructing. The CSR that answered my in game ticket was not aware of this.

As an aside, I tested this morning deconstructing single Grade 10 components, and received a significant return of Scavenged Scrap, Assorted Droid Parts, Jawa Junk, and Tech Fragments. Not what I was looking for, but a reasonable recompense for this bug.