Is Revan overrated?

Tekkoclarky

Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One does not simply kill Revan.

Revan is very powerful in the force and even if his lightsaber abilities is not the very best(even though he defeated Malak) he is very powerful as a sage. It is true however that he is weaker than some other jedi's and sith's; some being Anakin, Yoda and Vitae.

Why yes he is...

Oh but he was me in a video game and I one shotted everything with a lightsaber (oh wait, he didn't, any sense in that?).

It's time for this *** of a wanna be great one brought back down to earth, he was never great, he was never one of the best, he got his *** beat by a bunch of random lvl 35s, if not lower.

Vader would beat his ***, Obi wan would as well, even in ep 4 when he is grey and old, it's a known fact, that revan is a age old useless tool.

The best? No. Worthy of at least an honorable mention? YES. He defeated Mandalore the Ultimate. Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.

Edited by Darth_Solrac

Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.

1. No, charismatic and Brilliant Jedi, I disagree. He completely went against the Jedi and fought the Mando's which caused him to become a Sith Lord.

And he did not manage to live for 300 years. Meetra and Vitate have been keeping him alive. Meetra managed to let him battle Vitate mentally and Vitate was keeping him alive because he was a feeding source.

He is the exact opposite of a true Jedi.

Edited by BrandonSM

I don't care what anyone says. Revan is a monster. No true Jedi would ever consider complete genocide of an entire group of people. If what HK-47 is true and 97 some percent of the imperial population is subject to extermination then how many of those people are civilians? He is completely obsessed with destroying the empire beyond all reason.

Revan seems to be the type of guy that the ends justify the means. If he was truly a master of the force he wouldn't have given in to the dark side halfway through the fight to beat us. He is incredibly overrated. He's cool but people just worship him for no reason.

The best? No. Worthy of at least an honorable mention? YES. He defeated Mandalore the Ultimate. Was a prominent, charismatic, & brilliant Jedi. Nearly conquered the whole galaxy as Dark Lord of the Sith. He also managed to live 300 some years.

1. No Jedi would ever consider genocide to be a justifiable solution.

2. He was forced to live three hundred years, and the only reason he wasn't even more insane from the Emperor's torture was because of Meetra.

I enjoyed playing the original KotOR just as much as the next guy, but Revan was a medium sized fish in a very small pond in KotOR one and two. As soon as he encountered the even bigger fish in the Empire, he got spanked. Hard.

Like Qui-Gon said, "there's always a bigger fish", and it isn't Revan.

1. No Jedi would ever consider genocide to be a justifiable solution.

2. He was forced to live three hundred years, and the only reason he wasn't even more insane from the Emperor's torture was because of Meetra.

I enjoyed playing the original KotOR just as much as the next guy, but Revan was a medium sized fish in a very small pond in KotOR one and two. As soon as he encountered the even bigger fish in the Empire, he got spanked. Hard.

Like Qui-Gon said, "there's always a bigger fish", and it isn't Revan.

This.

Revan's only attraction is how 'uber' he was meant to be, but when you clean off all the layers of praise and actually look at his canonical feats and prowess, he's nothing more than a puppet to many people.

He is a poorly written gary-stu that is heavily over-exaggerated.

Meetra did all the real work anyway.

This.

Revan's only attraction is how 'uber' he was meant to be, but when you clean off all the layers of praise and actually look at his canonical feats and prowess, he's nothing more than a puppet to many people.

He is a poorly written gary-stu that is heavily over-exaggerated.

Meetra did all the real work anyway.

Haters. You gotta love 'em.

I like Revan, he is probably one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. I just find the character interesting. He has an interesting view of the force, he's not entirely sane, and he built HK-47 (who is my favorite character... meatbag).

The thing I never understood was why people were so upset that Revan was a mid 30s flashpoint boss. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Level cap in KotOR was 20, So when he and Malak first fought the Emperor (level 50) they both lost badly. Especially since the Emperor probably resisted all their attacks.

In KotOR II it was 30. Presumably that was his level when he fought the emperor a second time with meetra and scourge and T3. four level 30s, but still not good enough. Especially without a healer. Scourge and T3 are tanks, and meetra and Revan are arguably DPS. They may have won if they'd brought a healer and used more interrupts (and been properly geared).

If Revan had had the patience to level up to the cap, he could have taken the emperor himself (as long as he remembered to properly gear his companion as well). Although, he never would have made it to the emperor, since he is obviously a sage, and the mission to take down the emperor is a knight class quest. He wouldn't have been able to enter the instance. :confused:

I like Revan, he is probably one of my favorite characters in all of Star Wars. I just find the character interesting. He has an interesting view of the force, he's not entirely sane, and he built HK-47 (who is my favorite character... meatbag).

The thing I never understood was why people were so upset that Revan was a mid 30s flashpoint boss. It actually makes perfect sense when you think about it.

Level cap in KotOR was 20, So when he and Malak first fought the Emperor (level 50) they both lost badly. Especially since the Emperor probably resisted all their attacks.

In KotOR II it was 30. Presumably that was his level when he fought the emperor a second time with meetra and scourge and T3. four level 30s, but still not good enough. Especially without a healer. Scourge and T3 are tanks, and meetra and Revan are arguably DPS. They may have won if they'd brought a healer and used more interrupts (and been properly geared).

If Revan had had the patience to level up to the cap, he could have taken the emperor himself (as long as he remembered to properly gear his companion as well). Although, he never would have made it to the emperor, since he is obviously a sage, and the mission to take down the emperor is a knight class quest. He wouldn't have been able to enter the instance. :confused:

Did you seriously just try to apply game mechanics to a novelization?

I hope to God this was a joke post.

Flame shields up! Prepare for a ground assault.

Well just being honest here, I can't really think of anything spectacular he has done. Looking at his profile...seems pretty bland, he doesn't even have info on his main weapon other then it has modules. He couldn't even get himself off of mustafar, and got destroyed(again) by a bunch of spacers.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well just being honest here, I can't really think of anything spectacular he has done. Looking at his profile...seems pretty bland, he doesn't even have info on his main weapon other then it has modules. He couldn't even get himself off of mustafar, and got destroyed(again) by a bunch of spacers.

I enjoyed his comic relief, but he certainly isn't anything to brag about where prowess is concerned.

Why yes he is...

revan an old useless tool?! that reminds me of some certain character in a dark suit of armor... :D

I wouldnt cal revan useless though with out him probably the emperor would swalow much more planets. And the sith empire would have swalow the republic when it had the chance.

Also who are you to ditacte what people should like the most? revan isnt overated because he is cool character The end.

I enjoyed his comic relief, but he certainly isn't anything to brag about where prowess is concerned.
does that matter? realy? for a child maybe. Edited by Spartanik

revan an old useless tool?! that reminds me of some certain character in a dark suit of armor... :D

I wouldnt cal revan useless though with out him probably the emperor would swalow much more planets. And the sith empire would have swalow the republic when it had the chance.

Also who are you to ditacte what people should like the most? revan isnt overated because he is cool character The end.

Incoming Revanite destroyers, we can't repel fanboyism of that magnitude!

Noone knew as much about killing jedi as HK-47, you nasty, little meatbag! :mad:

"Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets, and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi." - HK-47 to the Exile on how to kill Jedi

Edited by Deviss

Incoming Revanite destroyers, we can't repel fanboyism of that magnitude!

yes im a fanboy and proud of it. why arent you btw?

people takes this too dam serious.

Might get flamed for this, but HK-47 is also overrated.

who the hell cares?! lol he is the most funny droid there is. the end

So the main reason HK-47 was a good character, perhaps the only reason, can only be enjoyed by children? despite his intellectual dialogue? really?

what?! lol no only a imature person would care what character is the most powerfull, or wich one has the bigger ... you know what i mean. :D

Edited by Spartanik

I think that I am with Spartanik on this one (at least partly)...

You have to admit that this guy got a point. It is kind of... I don't know maybe sad, to claim that certain character IS MORE POWERFUL BECAUSE CANON STATES SO - THE END, YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID.

The reality that applies to all countless Revan vs Vader, Sidious vs Vitiate (and the list goes on...) topics ever created is that it is impossible to definitely state the unquestionably most powerful characters. It all depends on the situation and the way you interpret it. "But from an artistic and dramatic standpoint, this kind of question has no “right” answer. Each character has strengths and weaknesses, and they grow and change as their stories progress. On any given day, at any given time, under any given circumstance anyone can win or lose. That’s what dramatic conflict is all about."

Edited by Deviss

KOTOR 1 is a masterpiece and Revan is it's protagonist, he saved the galaxy by destroying the Starforge and Malak. Even in his darkness he prepared the Republic for war while attacking he was actively toughening it for the coming of Darth Vitiate(why the hell can't anyone write the man's name right?), He was inspiring enough to lead an entire faction of Jedi to fight the Mandalorians which despite Master Vandar's views was a very much needed action. If it wasn't for Revan, Bastila Carth and the others the Sith would have conquered the galaxy 300 years before TOR.

Meetra Surik is certainly accomplished but this "she did all the hard work" does not connect with my memories of kotor 2, a rather unfinished game by the way. Kreia used her to take vengeance upon her apprentices and destroy the reminiscent Jedi Masters, then she killed Kreia and went to Imperial space to try and find the greater threat to the galaxy, the end, halfway through she helped save the Jedi from extinction

Both very accomplished but Revan's feats carried more weight, maybe if KOTOR II was finished in time some more of it would have made greater sense at the time. Either way one cannot simply say he is a wannabe. It's like saying Luke Skywalker or Obi-wan Kenobi didn't have any impact in the galaxy.

PS - HK-47 is the greatest joy in KOTOR I and II, he was worth the game alone it doesn't matter if he can blow up planets or not... In fact I was very sad to shoot him to screaps in False Emperor.

Edited by Lightmaguz

Frankly I always thought he was, yes. With that said, I thought Bioware's method of bringing him down to earth and killing his legend so thoroughly was uncalled for. I'd have prefered they simply leave him in the past and let players decide what they thought of his legacy.

Having him be defeated or killed by the Emperor 300 years ago would have been sufficient enough for me in regards to bringing him down to earth.