Hutt Hospitality Nightmare mode

We are actually killing this boss in combo 6 dps (2 ranged, 4 melee) and 2 healers. With proper tactic to get the fight at least a little under control it doesnt require melee to run much and gives i would say like 90% dps time on boss. Its still 10% less than ranged have but yea..its doable.

EDIT: However I do agree that on 90% of fights in this game melee dps are in multiple ways handicapped. But on the other hand Its been this way in every single MMO that went out. Thats just the way it is..you are melee u need to run from cleaves, thunder claps etc. I aint sayin its good its just how its always been.

Anyway Threat indicator and Target of Target and combat log is a MUST for MMO game of this scale. Its just sad it takes ages to implement core features that are actually required for boss fights not to be messy, when boss mechanics are build around these features.

There is a target of target in the game look under keybinds( I think it's alt F) it switches your target to the target though.

There is a target of target in the game look under keybinds( I think it's alt F) it switches your target to the target though.

I don't want to target it's target, I want to SEE it's target, so I can know if it's *ME* and start running, vs waiting for the lumbering PITA to come charging across the ring at me :p

the 2nd is that Bonethrasher sometimes hits with 43k dmg. so any ideas how to solve it? Mode is hard. all of us got 16,5k+ hp

When he pounds someone into the ground he puts a debuff on them so if they get hit again before the debuff expires they will be hit by significantly more damage (40K+).

Your first problem we get as well with one person (usually the same one) dying on zone in and the only way we have been able to get it to not happen is to leave the raid, reset it, and re-clear all the trash. It never happens on the first attempt after a reset for some reason.

@MacAllen

Spread out around him. Never stand in front of him if your MDPS.

When he targets you just be far enough in to not get knockback into poison, and just take the swipe or dodge it as he prepares it (3-4 seconds).

We just take the swipe. Its a bit more stressful to the healers but we run a couple snipers and too much movement completely destroys their DPS so we had to improvise.

For example, this movie (
), they're all standing behind the rancor and he's being tanked like a normal tank and spank. I'm missing something if this is possible. Help?

This video is from his first incarnation in beta. As I remember the majority of his abilities were broken and he was for the most part unable to do so much as move, let alone run around chasing people. So yeah, not a good indication of how the fight actually works.

This video is from his first incarnation in beta. As I remember the majority of his abilities were broken and he was for the most part unable to do so much as move, let alone run around chasing people. So yeah, not a good indication of how the fight actually works.

Realized that after reading the comments, thanks :)

@MacAllen

Spread out around him. Never stand in front of him if your MDPS.

When he targets you just be far enough in to not get knockback into poison, and just take the swipe or dodge it as he prepares it (3-4 seconds).

We just take the swipe. Its a bit more stressful to the healers but we run a couple snipers and too much movement completely destroys their DPS so we had to improvise.

That was what I was pondering. What if we pair up, 2 groups, front and back, and aoe heal through the swipes? That allows the sents to open up, use their channeled attacks, etc. The rancor just flips back and forth and swipes half the raid, we heal through, and pour it on.

I'll try that, thank you :)

What is MDPS? Melee dps?