Issue with moves after overload saber (and other off gcd spells) completely whiffing

Neroe

Hi, I have noticed from playing my Sentinel that when using the ability "overload saber" as well as other spells off the gcd ex. rebuke, that the spell cast immediately after will wiff (giving me no focus or dmg) BUT I will be put back on the gcd from that second move I just cast.

The only way I have been able to avoid this is right clicking the mob after casting overload saber, or else my next spell will miss 90% of the time (this is also assuming I am already on the target and have right clicked before, force leaped in or whatever, from what I can tell you need to right click somewhere near the window of when you cast overload saber). Notice I say 90% which is odd and led me to believe this was a timing issue. I tested many different timings and ability queue windows and still can not get my second ability to connect without right clicking after overload saber most of the time.

I made a video displaying the problem more clearly.

If I am simply overlooking something please do tell, because I can not imagine this is working as intended. Does this have to do with the "ability delay" everyone seems to be having problems with, or a bug/glitch? Please help if you can or at least right click after these moves so you do not lose a whole gcd worth of dmg and time.

Could this be caused by the ability being mapped to "right click" have you tried removing the secondary keybind trigger of right click and just using "3"?

I play a juggernaut and have noticed things like pommel strike not firing off right away (weird kinda double pump in the animation), but never an ability just not firing.

Edited by Baizak

Hmm, where would that option be exactly? I checked through all the keybindings pages and it seems that my right click is not bound to anything... Even my force leap (which is my "1" key, and triggers when I right click)

the worst part about this is in pvp you will often run around starved for focus because the off gcd abilities reset the gcd and use the focus but dont give you any returns when they dont fire.

I think it has something to do with the animations, even the instant abilities if clicked twice before the animation completes kinda cancels the ability but still uses the GCD.

Also I think by default right-click is bound to keybind 1 even if it isnt mapped in the settings. I played around with it last night just to test it out and thats what it seems like to me.

Somethings wrong with how they made their ability queuing system.

I dunno I'm kinda frustrated with sentinel right now been trying to figure out why this happens too.

Edited by oflow

Well if it has to do with animations perhaps by right clicking I am somehow cancelling the animation, allowing my move right after overload to connect? Just some thoughts, while I do not mind right clicking after every activation of this move I can not see this as their intent.

This is a really interesting issue with a strange solution. However, I haven't personally experienced the problem as you showed it in the video (even though Leap>OS>Zealous is an action I've done countless times). Can you avoid the problem by holding right mouse or does it require an actual click?

I would also concur with oflow on the general wonkiness of abilities off the GCD. Spamming them occasionally leads to what I perceive as weird input lock where GCDs get used but nothing happens. This may simply be another manifestation of that larger problem.