Best Crew Skills for gearing out alts?

Dabrixmgp

Right now I plan on doing one Cybertech for mods. I have run UWT missions until I have 200-300 of every blue grade metal along with 30-50 purple grades of each metal as well. What else should I go with for maximum alt twinkage. Also Im getting 2 randoms mules to finish their 2nd story chapter just for the legacy buffs and also doing all their companion quests for even more presence. Any other crafting skill I need for alts other than cybertech? With modded orange gear from 1-50 the crafting skills like Synthweaving and Armormech seem kind of pointless.

You need artifice for hilts, color crystals, enhancements, & offhands. But seriously, I wouldn't bother with orange modable gear before at least level 25. The levels come so fast that the mods are outdated in less than 2 hours. Crafted blues from synth & armormech are actually better stat wise that orange gear at those levels. And credit wise it's cheaper to RE that gear than it is to RE the mods/ buy the orange gear/ & make all those mods

Armstech for barrels if you need them (maybe companions?). Also Synthweaving, Armormech and Armstech make augments and along with Artifice they make gear with augment slots. Just make one alt for each craft and be sure to cover the missions skills :). It remains to be seen what will be needed for augment kits.

Depends on how many alts you see yourself leveling up. More alts, more bases covered. But if I was to rank the importance:

#1 Cybertech: Armoring, Mods, earpieces

#2 Artifice: Lightsaber hilts & Enhancements

#3 Biochem: Implants

#4 Armstech: Barrels

#5 Armormech / Synthweaving: Moddable armor

Keep in mind, that if you're doing planet quests while leveling then you're probably getting enough planetary commendations to purchase SOME upgrades. It will most likely give you the luxury of eliminating one of the higher priority crafting skills.

If you're a force user with a force using companion, you can scrap the idea of Armstech altogether.

Implants are rare mission rewards so most likely the value of Biochem will be very high.

Cybertech / Armstech / artificer - will help you save a lot of planetary commendations, as you won't have to spend 11 coms to fully mod orange item

With alts, I've such planned skills, that everyone of mine has slicing - slicing lets you really earn a lot of money to blow on GTN :) - also, as you can mail stuff between republic / imp characters, you have 8 slots to properly plan crafting. So lets say, you pick slicing on every alt, then one of crafting and one of gathering skills :)

Went with cybertech

Already have every single earpiece for each level at purple quality that have useful aim, willpower, and cunning stats

Already have every armoring and mod also for aim,willpower,and cunning at blue level

Guess Im alt ready.

Went with cybertech

Already have every single earpiece for each level at purple quality that have useful aim, willpower, and cunning stats

Already have every armoring and mod also for aim,willpower,and cunning at blue level

Guess Im alt ready.

Wow. Why? It's a super easy game with even with a mix of blues and greens. Personally, I prefer Synth/Armormech, as there is much, much less downtime from crafting involved, and they are much, much better at gearing out tanks/tanking companions. CT bites hard for the latter.

My alt leveling strategy is to craft all companion gear with SW/AM, and character gear such as belts, gloves, bracers. Helm, chest, and legs I use augmented orange gear which I complete with the blue commendations mods. Doing the space combat missions always keeps me above quest level, anyway.

Wow. Why? It's a super easy game with even with a mix of blues and greens. Personally, I prefer Synth/Armormech, as there is much, much less downtime from crafting involved, and they are much, much better at gearing out tanks/tanking companions. CT bites hard for the latter.

My alt leveling strategy is to craft all companion gear with SW/AM, and character gear such as belts, gloves, bracers. Helm, chest, and legs I use augmented orange gear which I complete with the blue commendations mods. Doing the space combat missions always keeps me above quest level, anyway.

What else do you spend millions of credits on? Also synthweaving/armormech is worthless as I wanna level all my classes in dancer/slave outfits lol. Also companion gear prior to 50 doesnt matter i can buy it off the GTN then buy them recruit sets when I hit 50. I leveled to 50 using what ever gear Talos came with never changed anything and did just fine.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

My own OCD went into overdrive a bit when I found out I could mail stuff cross-faction.

Vanguard (50) is Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading

Smuggler (22?) is Cybertech/Slicing/Treasure Hunting

Sith Warrior (14) is Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting

Sith Sorceror (11?) is Synthweaving/Archaeology/Investigation

Once I found out about the cross-faction thing, I ended up stopping my Sith Warrior, and have been leveling his Artifice to make some purple quality crystals, enhancements, mods, armoring, etc etc for level 15. I even leveled my Sorceror from I think 5 to 11 in a couple hours specifically so I could pick up Synth just to make Might augments and craft some orange robes for my Warrior.

Still haven't made all of the stuff for him for level 15 yet, but once I do, I will probably not make him more stuff until like level 20 (for augmented lightsabers), and then might wait until 25 or even 30 to waste all that time again making stuff for him.

It's funny because I was originally just trying to make level 50 purples for my Smuggler for when he does hit 50, but after I made a few Vehemance (or whatever prefix it is) items, I shifted all my attention to level 15 purples for my Sith Warrior and I don't know why! XD

Depending on what your ALT is....

Artifice produces color crystals (all), enhancements (all), and hilts (jedi)

Cybertech produces ear pieces (all), armoring (all), mods (all)

Armstech produces barrels (non-jedi)

Biochem produces implants (all)

Synthweaving produces armor (jedi)

Armormech produces armor (non-jedi)

Honestly, you can gear ANY character off the quest rewards. Why else do you think the GTN is such a joke? No one NEEDS to buy anything from there. Don't waste your time or money crafting. Bioware hates crafting apparently.

Cybertech / Armstech / artificer - will help you save a lot of planetary commendations, as you won't have to spend 11 coms to fully mod orange item

With alts, I've such planned skills, that everyone of mine has slicing - slicing lets you really earn a lot of money to blow on GTN :) - also, as you can mail stuff between republic / imp characters, you have 8 slots to properly plan crafting. So lets say, you pick slicing on every alt, then one of crafting and one of gathering skills :)

What about mission skills? You can't craft anything over green without the mission skill materials, and I've seen people charge a fortune for underworld metals.

Not to mention they can also bring in companion gifts, alignment changes, or lockboxes, depending on which skill it is.

What about mission skills? You can't craft anything over green without the mission skill materials, and I've seen people charge a fortune for underworld metals.

I had 5 companions running UWT missions as I quested for a 4-5 days before starting my alt with Cybertech. I got the skill to 400, deleted it, then started over. I am sitting on probably at least 300 of each blue and 50 of each purple for all grades It seems you crit missions more while you are leveling the skill rather then if you hit 400 and run lower ones which is why I just started it from scratch.

Thinking about making an artifice for the hilts and enhancements so will probably drop UWT again and level up TH.

Never underestimate the value of harvesting (Scav/arch/bio) on one char - get him to 50 and reasonably geared and the world of Nodes is your mollusc. My personal recommendation would be an advanced class with stealth for gettin past mobs to save time fighting.

Got mine to 48 (at the end of Voss - before the bonus series) and by that time I've levelled Biochem, Artifice and Cybertech all to 400 on lower level toons. From here on out all the money the 48 makes (and grinding the others up) can go into getting coin for grinding UT/TH/Diplo.

I have found slicing+dailies give me more than enough to not need to worry how much stuff is on the GTN. Also I usually park myself at a big Ilum chest when my dailies are done and that pretty much makes it so every mission I run is free. Just log in every 30 mins to loot it and refresh missions.

Also for multiple alts cybertech is a must anyways. Even if you take planet comms for every single quest reward you will still never have enough to fill out 5 pieces of orange gear and your weapon.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

My personal stable consists of:

50 Vanguard Armormech/Scavenging/Underworld Trading

50 Shadow Artifice/Archaeology/Treasure Hunting

42 Guardian Synthweaving/Archaeology/Underworld Trading

32 Scoundrel Armstech/Slicing/Investigation

22 Sage Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy

20 Commando Cybertech/Scavenging/Slicing

Between them I have all the bases covered. They and their companions wear orange as much as possible. I try to get all the leveling armorings, mods, enhancements, hilts and barrels to blue (or at least the ones I want to use), only worrying about purple at max, and even then the 50s get a lot from the dailies. The dailies are also powering the system with credits.

More recently I have been working on augments and have all of the level 49 ones REd to purple (except the +presense one :)). As I get more aug slotted gear for the lowbies I may try to get the augs they need to blue.

One thing that irks me is the Rakata gear made by some of them being bind on pickup. In my view it should be bind on equip and tradeable, though personally I would settle for bind on legacy so at least I could outfit my alts. This is because mostly I craft for myself and friends, I rarely sell on the open market.

For gearing up ALTs all crew skills are pretty good.

For use while gearing up a main, ALL CREW SKILLS SUCK!

Not a sinlge piece of gear is equal to what I need at that level. Nor are any of the other things.

So it is like putting tiny wheels on your truck as that is the only thing you can make at that level.

For ALTs crew skills are great, for a main they are next to worthless and a waste of time till 48.

Eh, I find making 3 of everything for every slot, every few levels a job in itself and those mats you have stacked will quickly run out if that's your plan. I love armormech and synthweaving because it lets me quickly outfit my characters, I don't plan to bother with augmented orange stuff til 50.

Eh, I find making 3 of everything for every slot, every few levels a job in itself and those mats you have stacked will quickly run out if that's your plan. I love armormech and synthweaving because it lets me quickly outfit my characters, I don't plan to bother with augmented orange stuff til 50.

I mostly agree. I always make boots, gloves, belt, and bracers with Synth or Armormech. It's just so much simpler and less time consuming to deal with. I just make the upgrades and have them sitting in the mail for when I level. As for my companions, they level with Synth/Armormech gear entirely.

I do level with orange augmented legs, chest, and helm, though, but comms and quest rewards usually take care of that pretty easily. Almost every planet has heroic 2+ quests that you can eventually solo which give mods as rewards. I try to do my space combat missions everyday, which is an excellent source of exp, so I'm generally always a couple levels ahead of content.