Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Please I have 17 characters on an APAC server. What will happen to them? All the FAQ I have seen only talk about 12 character slots. But I think these were written before one was able to buy character slots. One person said I would be able to transfer them but not be able to make any more. Even if I bought more slots on the new server?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transferred all my characters, two got forced name changed to gibberish names and not flagged for a rename. Well done, thanks!

I had three forced for name change, IIRC - two went fine, one I didn't get flagged for a rename. Raised a ticket.

Character transfer failed; toon is now locked and unable to be xfered.

I also can not log onto ANY of the APAC servers because of this error:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

*golfclap*

Character transfer failed; toon is now locked and unable to be xfered.

I also can not log onto ANY of the APAC servers because of this error:

"Your characters on this server are currently unavailable due to maintenance. Please try again at a later time."

*golfclap*

same thing. i transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

same thing. I transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

Insult to injury, eh? Kept in the dark, ignored for /months/ on end, and then, finally, handed a system that doesn't. even. work.

Edit: Cool, page sniper. Let me take a moment to say that it is embarrassing how poorly a company as massive as EA has managed to handle this. Instead of being sheepish or sympathetic about the plight of servers they killed, everyone at EA seems to treat APAC players like we're some great burden. No apologies, no straight talking, no messages sent to our inboxes telling us what's up, no consolation prize. Just a wham and bam.

Edited by Cootie

same thing. i transfered my character... went to login and my character isnt on the NEW server. i try to log back into master dar'nala and it says....

I would assume it's still transferring tbh. The server would be getting quite an influx of data, patience obiray

Insult to injury, eh? Kept in the dark, ignored for /months/ on end, and then, finally, handed a system that doesn't. even. work.

After all this time you expect a flawless system?

Edited by Antiskeptic

Yeah, my transfered characters have lost their names, and are now auto named with gibberish combinations of letters. I thought we supposed to be prompted to rename them

It should have worked, though on my first I got my rename fine, didn't on my next two... Have several more to rename but will wait until I know it's fixed.

Edited by sabbey

• Dev Post

Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric

My transfer /failed/ and I have the error too. Now what?

Edit: As in, I was able to log in normally to the game, check out my 55 that I wanted to xfer and empty mailbox. Logged all the way out of the game. Put her in for transfer. Refreshed page after a bit. Saw the xfer failed failed. Went to log in. Can't.

P.S. And now she's locked and can't be xfered.

Edited by Cootie
adding info

• Dev Post
My transfer /failed/ and I have the error too. Now what?

A good way to check is that when you are inside of the character transfer page there is a link called "view your character transfer history." On that page it should directly tell you if your transfer is in fact completed/successful.

If for that character you are seeing it say completed/successful and you are still seeing the character missing on the new server along with the access error, let us know!

A good way to check is that when you are inside of the character transfer page there is a link called "view your character transfer history." On that page it should directly tell you if your transfer is in fact completed/successful.

If for that character you are seeing it say completed/successful and you are still seeing the character missing on the new server along with the access error, let us know!

My transfer failed. I know it failed because it says failed on the very same xfer history page you tried to direct me to just now. I CAN NOT log in to my origin server because I get the aforementioned error. Again, I'm not guessing it failed; I know because your system is telling me it failed.

No, not pending.

No, not processing.

Failed.

My transfer failed. I know it failed because it says failed on the very same xfer history page you tried to direct me to just now. I CAN NOT log in to my origin server because I get the aforementioned error. Again, I'm not guessing it failed; I know because your system is telling me it failed.

No, not pending.

No, not processing.

Failed.

Keep spamming that login, I believe you can do it.

• Dev Post

No, not pending.

No, not processing.

Failed.

Ok that helps! I apologize, I thought you and Obirayy were experiencing the same issue (which I didn't think was a tranfer fail). I will pass this on for investigation. Can you PM me the character name you had this issue on?

Thanks for the help!

-eric

Why do i have a pending transfer to the Closed Public Test system?

Only 3/7 characters are not locked from transfering!

I have one pending transfer there, and the only toon I sent to harbs so far is also pending. 8/10 are locked.

I and a couple others have a different prob.

In the charecter list to transfer it says one of my toons is "locked"

Its not available to transfer.

Is this a common/known issue and will it be resolved soon?

I and a couple others have a different prob.

In the charecter list to transfer it says one of my toons is "locked"

Its not available to transfer.

Is this a common/known issue and will it be resolved soon?

Yes, any toons that have been copied to the pts at (seemingly any point in time) are locked. No word on eta of fix.