Getting Owned

Newfy

need some help.

new to level 50 just 2nd day. but i went from finishing top 3 evey match in pvp to getting completely owned. i already had 5 bags built up so i have 3 pieces of centurian and champion armor.

i am litterally dying in 3 hits from enemy and im only htting for 86 to 600, and thats 600 with a critical hit.

i am a jedi sage with an all damge tree, i have 31 points all in balance(damage) side and 2 in telekinetics for extra force, all the rest is in healing.

my primary damage is 341-477

bonus damage is 70.1

crit chance is 18.53

crit multiplyer is 66.78

health is 13050

armor rating 2222

dmg reduction 19.06

defense chance is 11.86

now my other stats are:

strength: 166

presence 239

Aim 71

cunning 71

Endurance 1055

willpower 1015

expertise 259

all my gear is purple or orange, and the orange has all level 50 purple mods

any and all advise would be greatly appreciated. beacause as of right now pvp totally sucks for me. im dying more than im killing.

I'm not sure what you've done, if you really actually truly are in all purple modded orange gear, but your bonus damage is really low....

Someone else back me up, because I can't load my game right now, but 70 seems really, really, really low for someone not in greens.

You sure you're not pulling our legs a little bit?

you have to realize that you play now against equal or higher geared palyers ... no more free kills from people in their low 20s who don't even have half of their skills and don't have a rotation and experience.

Stand back ... focus on the ones your team is hitting and avoid attention.

Also as a sage ... live with it ... you will die ... A LOT!

People know that you can do insane damage or are probably a healer ... so they will zerg you

and once they know that they can finish you they will seek you out and zerg you even more

Just learn where and how to hide, watch out where the enemy is and run away before you get attention.

Learn escape routes and perfection them ... well that's it

You will see ... it will help ... and on the other hand be happy about deaths ... you regain all your force ^^

Edit: oh and be picky about your targets ... seek out squishies and people who don't have a dark red/bule glowie stick^^

Edited by Jamuro

You answered your own question...You're Republic. By the very design of the game you are suppose to die in 3 hits or less. This game was designed for imps not Republic. So suck it up and take it.:p

Somehow we've gon from a half second delay on damage from one move to dieing in 3 hits. :rolleyes:

You will be getting hurt for a little while until you gear up. It takes time but don't give up. Sage's are very useful. Get your centurion gear and build up your champ gear slowly. The bonuses makes all the diff. Edited by Daeborn

I would switch to a 0/13/28 build. you have too many points in the healing tree. Also change the dropdown box to force for your stats as what you have in your post does not seem right. I think you are looking at your melee stats.

my force stats are

bonus dmg 451.9

bonus heal 326.5

acc 102.72

crit chance 27.14

cit multi 66.78

force regen 8

activation speed 2.82

Has nothing to do with anything but gear. You have 5K less health and you don't have the stats to do decent equal dps (your gear probably has 60 in primary stat while they have 90). Only top of that, you do 10% less damage while taking 10% more damage because of expertise. When you add it all up, there is 30-40% gap in damage you do and damage you take.

And no, those people that got this gear didn't earn it, they trade killed for it or exploited during the Ilum exploit.

All you can really do is get spanked 9/10 times till you earn enough medals to get some bags to up your stats. It will take maybe 2-3 weeks till you don't get totally slaughtered, you can reduce the gap to about 5% overall. You will never get the good gear though unless you tradekill.

Edited by AHChrist

my force stats are

bonus dmg 451.9

bonus heal 326.5

acc 102.72

crit chance 27.14

cit multi 66.78

force regen 8

activation speed 2.82

Yeah, u need more PvP gear. I am in full champ and have 625 bonus damage and 500 bonus healing. Like I said I would respec healing as you will be able to contribute more until you get better gear.

Grats on 50 and welcome to the major league! From what I'm seeing your gear isn't subpar but your approach may be. Now that your fighting level 50's with all their abilities you have to realize your place in a battle, Your now a support class and not a frontline DPS. Your low armor and loads of channels don't allow this to well.

Tips:

NEVER be alone

NEVER go in first

NEVER attack a larger group then your own.

STAY BACK. You've got LONG range so use it.

Positioning, positioning, positioning! Hide behind pillar! and for god sakes DON'T hide behind fires/traps in huttball. Juggernauts/guardians LOVE jumping to you and you'll become a quick score for the enemy team