estimated new augment cost ?

KumbayaGOD

Yes, each and possibly higher than 200mil (depends on supply and how affective they are)

well, i for one will settle for running augments i can craft from 5.whatever.

chasing those in game credits and/or crafting mats is a waste of time for me.

Yes, each and possibly higher than 200mil (depends on supply and how affective they are)

I think it would be easier to win Mega Millions...buy Bioware or EA stock and stage a hostile takeover and then just GIVE myself the best gear in the game.

Edited by Sappharan

First few weeks almost no one will have them. Guilds might pool their resources and get some for their tanks/main heals/ guildmaster dps.

3-4 weeks in, they'll show on the GTN for 500+ million. They'll only be a few for sale. Probably none will sell.

2 months in, they'll be down to 200-300 million. Maybe 10-20 up at any given time.

6 months in, down to 150 million, people who have 3-4 billion might gear out their mains for the lols.

At the announcement of the next expansion (if there is one) They'll be down to 70-100 million, lowering to maybe 50 for a few weeks before next expansion.

Basing this mostly on my crafting during Ossus, where I made a couple of billion making the mainhand/offhand 258, which sold for usually around 350 million each.

I don't think that last part is gonna pan out though. Nothing says "maintain holding pattern" quite like getting a steam release this late in a product cycle. Hoping to be proven wrong though.

First few weeks almost no one will have them. Guilds might pool their resources and get some for their tanks/main heals/ guildmaster dps.

3-4 weeks in, they'll show on the GTN for 500+ million. They'll only be a few for sale. Probably none will sell.

2 months in, they'll be down to 200-300 million. Maybe 10-20 up at any given time.

6 months in, down to 150 million, people who have 3-4 billion might gear out their mains for the lols.

At the announcement of the next expansion (if there is one) They'll be down to 70-100 million, lowering to maybe 50 for a few weeks before next expansion.

Basing this mostly on my crafting during Ossus, where I made a couple of billion making the mainhand/offhand 258, which sold for usually around 350 million each.

I don't think that last part is gonna pan out though. Nothing says "maintain holding pattern" quite like getting a steam release this late in a product cycle. Hoping to be proven wrong though.

How can this kind of cost be justified?

Supply and demand, if people have the credits (which they do) they will pay the cost.

Doesn't really help PVP much because PVP doesn't really reward with credits or mats that would be worth selling on the GTN.

I made a handful of credits in 4.0 selling gear from hypercrates, around 100 million credits, it wasn't a lot then and is even less now.

Because they're optional...you don't need them for 99.9% of the stuff to do in ToR.

In PvP if you can't handle your business in optimized 306's with a Tac and Set Bonus these Augments aren't going to be the difference.

you have to remember , things may change even with bioware , they might have this on initial launch and after few months they change the requirement drastically and make it more accesable

this is possible , u know bioware is not stupid or to be exact they try to act stupid , they know this will have the result as mention by alot of you

They intentionally do this and revise later

Because they're optional...you don't need them for 99.9% of the stuff to do in ToR.

In PvP if you can't handle your business in optimized 306's with a Tac and Set Bonus these Augments aren't going to be the difference.

...yet every ranked keyboard warrior will be shining with new augments after the first week and will call you a thrower and a troll if you go in with lesser stats due to older augments ?

If every bloke will have them, you might be at a disadvantage , I suppose.. Still have no idea how much stats those new ones will give though.

Supply and demand, if people have the credits (which they do) they will pay the cost.

Doesn't really help PVP much because PVP doesn't really reward with credits or mats that would be worth selling on the GTN.

I made a handful of credits in 4.0 selling gear from hypercrates, around 100 million credits, it wasn't a lot then and is even less now.

Logic...stop. You're killing my outrage. Yeah, I just wish I had the credits...ah well. It would be nice if it drove down the current augments, but I doubt I have that kind of luck. Need to kit out my Shadow.

You're not wrong. However, since I need double the health and 3x the damage to make an impact, I need all the help I can get. Well, okay, it's not quite that bad, but it feels like it sometimes. But, yeah, I get it. Further, the stat increase probably only makes a bit of a difference if you have a full set.