LiveStream Event #1

CourtneyWoods

QUESTION: Will there be cross server pvp introduced in a future update? Maybe not just a WZ but an open world pvp zone?

Note: I'm sure this question has already been asked in the forum, but I'm hoping that the strong interest in it will help to bring it to your attention so that it can be answered. It would be awesome for us, especially those of us on the Asia Pacific servers were PVP pops are low. Thank you much!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that defensive stats are largely ineffective in PvP due to them only applying to Basic attacks (and not Tech/Force), leading many PvP tanks to forego tanking gear completely. How does the development team feel about the current state of tanking spec/gear in PvP, and are there plans to improve it in the future?

Great question, and well put! I would also really like an answer to this question.

SWTOR is different from some other MMORPGs in that tanks actually have an important place in PVP, but it feels odd that the PVP tanking gear does not do much at the moment.

Edited by Rassuro

Here is a tough question that I dare you to answer publicly:

When will we get the same gender romance option? Is it even in the works or did you fold under the pressure of the close-minded?

Please be frank with us on this. If it's not even in the works people who are waiting for it since it has been announced can move on.

Ok I am not completly clear about what should be asked here. Is this for just patch 1.4, is this for future patches or is this a simple Q&A? Also should we be limited to a single question?

Question: Will the Cartel Coin shop be in before the F2P cross over so any bugs can be resolved prior to F2P and people can start to purchase items they want. Also can we have more details as to what is going to be in the Cartel shop, will we see New Ship designs, new species, new speeders or will the majority of items be xp, social, valor boosts, consusambles and letting free players purchase the functionality of a premium player?

Question: Will we see more heroic +2 and heroic +4 missions in the updates or will it all be flash points, opps and 16 man opps? I personaly like being able to do some content without needing group finder and then having the pug I am in try to avoid as much of the content as possible by avoiding agro zones. Was the fact that the mobs have an agro zone on 40 meters but there is 42 meters to the wall allowing people to "sneak" past a design choice or an oversight and why do trash mobs on hard flashpoints not drop loot to encourage killing them?

Question: Why is it taking so long for Cathar to be released. I have no interest in Cathar but it has been said that I will need to make a Cathar to show I support new species and get more added. Is this still the case? And is there any hope of getting some decent new species personaly I am hoping for a Gran or Kel'dor and am treading water with alts till a species I want is released.

Edited by Izorii

I'm gonna pass... this is a gimmick, nothing else.... a way to make it SEEM like they are interacting with the community.

Only fluffy questions will be answered, as it has been since this Q&A started....they won't tackle any subject that people are passionate about......

1. Can we please get an update on the "Super secret space project"? whats the news on this? I'm hyped about it.

2. Will there ever be an Expansion Pack for swtor?

3. Besides Cathar, will there be more playable races in the near future?

I will be happy if at least 1 of these questions get answered :)

A few questions:

Some people play some alts with friends but play others alone - these solo characters miss out on social gear which is some of the most unique armour in the game. Would the option to share social level privileges between legacy characters be possible in the future?

You talk about new armour looks purchasable with cartel coins - would a "vanity gear" system be possible or will all new gear need to be modded?

With all the server shifting going on, will the option to move between a PvE and RP server soon be implemented?

Will you get around to fixing the extremely annoying invisible model bug affecting Doctor Lokin so people can actually play using him in this form?

1) Why did you opt for vertical gear progression instead of horizontal gear progression, given that vertical gear progression segregates the community and invalidates old content too quickly?

2) What is your roadmap / future design philosophy regarding open world pvp? I don't need specifics, just general philosophies like how you plan to encourage it (rewards etc), balance it (npcs?), that sort of thing. I'm basically looking for reassurance that you have a plan and that it makes sense. I'm willing to wait for actual results, but if your plan is rubbish then I wont.

3) There seems to be a lot of evidence that SW:TOR doesn't support multi-core processors. This can be seen by running TOR and checking your core load: 1 core will typically be maxed out (or close to..) whilst the others are idling at 5-15%. Is there any plan to address this issue?

4) Do you have any plans to add support classes to the game, such as buffers / debuffers etc?

5) Do you have any plans to make the combat in this game more complicated regarding stats? For example, adding the ability to stack ranged / melee / force / tech defences individually, or adding the ability to stack bleed resistance / poison resistance etc. It seems that atm, the game is too simplistic regarding character development

I'll watch the first one.

If it's reminiscent of the Guild Summit Q&A's, perhaps it might be worth it.

It it's more "Soon™" and "We can't discuss that yet" and other general fluff... then I'll take that as a continuing sign of the superficial nature of what comes out when everything told to the customers has to be sanitised to the point of useless.

This line intentionally left blank

Is there an intention to allow players to choose to rename characters, including gender changes? If so will this only be a paid choice under F2P?

After the multiple merges and forced renames many player's legacy schemes are kind of a jumbled mess. If the legacy system is to be a selling point for this game I think it would be appropriate to allow the players the ability to clean up the messes created by the developer's inability to create a workable means of managing server populations.

How much are you guys working to optimize the engine of this game, and when can we expect a huge overhaul of same to be not up to standard but best of all. This game deserves best in everything!

Without the engine becoming online with that of the competition this game has a very short future. :confused:

I hope you understand this very important aspect of this game and MMO in general.

As a player here since 20 December, a two times Beta weekend player, and forum writer since officially presented and waiting for this game from 2005.

Edited by limenutpen

1) When will Oceanic servers be receiving their four additional character slots as has happened with US/European servers?

2) What is the future of Oceanic servers? Will these be merged as the community has been suggesting, or will they be emalgamated into the US servers again?

3) Will we still be seeing the Same Gender Relationship content any time soon (originally slated for this year)?

4) Are steps being taken to improve artwork for endgame character items (armour especially)?

5) When will we see decent communication about the future of this game, rather than the continual "soon" response? There have been numerous "promises" that have been made in the past, discussed, or even promoted, and yet the communiy no longer knows what will is still being worked on, and what has been binned (eg SGR, Space Battles, Story Content, HK-41, etc.)

Edited by Mjollnir

Like the idea of a LIve Q&A but having pre-prepared or selected questions doe s leave it very similar to the old Weekly Q&A. I hope there is honesty in the answers given, even if that means the answer being "I don't know".

A few questions I would like answered are:

1. Why not give all subbed members 16 character slots - I have them but others should too...I won't be deleting 5 characters for ANY new species Cathar or otherwise...might kill off one or two but not five.

2. Any chance of speeding up spawns of resources...crates etc on the black hole etc. if we are going to have greater populations its a royal pain to be camping for these on dailies etc. I mean there is grinding and there is g r i n d i n g!!

3. When can we expect the expanded storyline - just give me a month to look forward to, you don't have to name the day!

4. What ever happened to the idea of the ship droid's storyline?

5. Legacy - I love this feature - its a real reward for people to stick with the game and nurture a full set of Alts BUT there are not half enough legacy bound items or rewards. I'd love to see a cool looking legacy bound mount that adapted to your XP level automatiically.

6.Mods - the cost of moving Mods in and out of gear. I recently moved Tionese and Baisc mods into the Tusken costume from the recent Event. Now I have some Columi gear and its gonna cost another small fortune to move them again....not worth it as it stands, this needs to be fixed.

7. Events - love these!!!! BUT need more often and we need warning as to when they will take place....I almost missed the last one as I was on holiday with family....had I known when it was coming up I'd have made provision for it - sad my devotion to the game but there you are!!

8. MOST IMPORTANT - I love this game but when are we gonna get a definition of SOON - I am patient but I hate being strung along - paying over €150 a year for this game to me is quiet a bit of cash - I think I am owed something when it comes to knowing whats coming and when its coming if I am to keep feeling the love.

Question 1: When will we get an in-game ready check?

Question 2: Is there anything coming soon for Ilum or incentivized world pvp?

Question 3: A few weeks ago it was released that cross server pvp queing was not currently in the works, with the new servers up and running is there a plan to re-visit this issue?

Ilum is supposed to be returning in January , that's what they said.

When will we see chapter 4 of our class story lines ?

Cheers,

BadOrb.