LiveStream Event #1

CourtneyWoods

BioWare and LucasArts are excited to announce a new monthly LiveStream Q&A Event. The objective of this new LiveStream event series is to answer any questions our Community has concerning the content within each Game Update. If you’d like to participate in this LiveStream Q&A Event, you can ask questions beforehand on our forums or live on the LiveStream through Livestream chat, Twitter (#SWTOR), and Facebook.

Read More

Feel free to post your questions for the Q&A below!

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just answer the questions when we ask them? This seems like a rehash of the weekly Q&A, just via new medium.

If done properly, this could be a new way for the developers to have more an interactive conversation with players on key issues. Of course, it could backfire if the developers just cherry pick "safe" questions. I'm hoping that this will be an indication of a better, more open development process.

It seems that defensive stats are largely ineffective in PvP due to them only applying to Basic attacks (and not Tech/Force), leading many PvP tanks to forego tanking gear completely. How does the development team feel about the current state of tanking spec/gear in PvP, and are there plans to improve it in the future?

I think it's a great idea. It's interactive and it gets people talking with immediate feedback. Things are obviously in motion to improve communication, and I feel the overall game as well. Showing negativity towards aspects of the game, and then being negative towards attempts to improve things really doesn't help.

Maybe wait and see how it goes first? I'm excited to see what comes of it.

Why not just answer the questions when we ask them?

Because that would be too easy. Also, I'm sure some of the answers would get lost considering all of the questions that are asked. They could post a weekly/bi-weekly Q&A and have it all linked to in a single thread for easy findings....oh wait, they did that and then stopped. They also didn't keep up the podcast thing (I hate podcasts but I would read the 'transcript'). I get the feeling this won't last long either (also not something I'm interested in but I'm sure others are).

Please, BioWare, post the questions and answers somewhere on the forums for us to read at our own leisure like you did for the podcasts transcripts, for those of us who don't like livestreams/podcasts.

I guess I'll ask a question to make my post more relevant to the thread. When will we get to continue our class stories?

I think it's a great idea. It's interactive and it gets people talking with immediate feedback. Things are obviously in motion to improve communication, and I feel the overall game as well. Showing negativity towards aspects of the game, and then being negative towards attempts to improve things really doesn't help.

Maybe wait and see how it goes first? I'm excited to see what comes of it.

You're excited. They're excited. Awesome.

At this point, I have no faith whatsoever in their ability to communicate simple things so forgive me if I'm not quivering in my chair.

But hey, I could be surprised, right? So here's a question. They'll cherry pick through and answer only the ones they want to answer, but what the heck.

Does 1.4 include anything companion related other than HK and the match-to-chest/hide-head-slot?

Edited by iamthehoyden

It was mentioned that along with the "free transfer" event, we would also eventually be offered a pay-to-transfer option for characters we'd like to move from one server to another. is this still in the works, and do you possibly have a working time frame on when we might see it offered?

Question: Will we EVER see all gear converted to Bind on Legacy? Or, at least, Tionese and up, so we can move gear freely among alts?

Alternatively, make only the token Bind on Legacy, with the actual gear binding to whomever cashes it in.

Is it in a reasonable future (a maximum of 6 months), or is it something to talk about when putting the kids to sleep?

Edited by Styxx

Question: With the coming 1.4 update what was the reasoning behind new daily relics that cost 400 coms but are only very marginally better or new equipment BH com gear that seems to cost 350 coms per piece. Are daily coms and Black Hole coms either going to become far easier to get, thereby making them worthless than they currently are and it will likely have everyone in the gear. Or are we ment to spent months to get this gear?

Second Question: When will we see more interesting Species that aren't just coloured humans or as in the case of the cathar fairground face painted humans?

Question 1: When will we get an in-game ready check?

Question 2: Is there anything coming soon for Ilum or incentivized world pvp?

Question 3: A few weeks ago it was released that cross server pvp queing was not currently in the works, with the new servers up and running is there a plan to re-visit this issue?

Edited by Jedi_Magnius

If done properly, this could be a new way for the developers to have more an interactive conversation with players on key issues. Of course, it could backfire if the developers just cherry pick "safe" questions. I'm hoping that this will be an indication of a better, more open development process.

Unfortunately, I suspect that's exactly what they will do. My biggest frustration with the Community Team/Dev Team is communication. It's hard to answer hard questions, but it builds trust.

Question: With the implementation of the F2P model, there comes the risk of "Pay to Win". You say you are against it. But "Pay to Win" is a sliding scale, it's not black-or-white. In fact, some of the "boosts" you've said you expect to put into the shop are considered P2W by some players. Could you please explain your decision-making process about what you will and will not put into the cash shop, especially with regards to the "Pay to Win" facet of the decision?

Comment: I expect this will be no different than the sanitized garbage you put out for the written Q&A. You'll pick the lame happy fluffy questions, the questions nobody cares about, the questions with obvious answers, and ignore the tough stuff .

Surprise me.

Edited by DarthTHC

Please take another stance on this new "Q&A" thing, and pick actual tough questions asked again and again by the community.

The Q&A was laughable with regards to the picked questions.. Now is the time to rebuild the trust.. The ones that are playing right now are the real long term fans.. But we need to have some confidence in you guys, and trust you not to just hand this game to the F2P demons..

My question then: With all the talk about accuracy on gear, I'd rather ask what's the deal with Alacrity. Even maxed out the Alacrity doesn't offer life saving differences in casting speed. What it does do however is make you burn through your resource faster, and thus it feels like a stat that makes it harder to play a healer. Do you feel alacrity is working as a stat right now, or do you feel it's as counter-productive as a lot of people think it is.

Adjustments could be to either have it boost cast times A LOT more so it would actually feel like a boost that makes a difference.. Like a 2 second cast could be stat'ed down to 1 second if you maxed alacrity. Or you make alacrity speed up resource gain as well, so it would actually make alacrity heavy specs able to do a little more dps without draining themselves of resource..

Could you get skills bouns (i.e. 3) for completing 5 difrent chatacter classes after chapter 3 or 4 this would be (i.e.3) to all classes that you've done , father more if all 8 classes storys have been compteed all chatacters would get another (i.e.5) skill points.

Q: Do you have an estimate as to when you'll be adding more mini games such as Pazzak, Pod racing, swoop racing and what not?

Q: Are there any plans to change the crafting system to a hybrid sandbox / themepark system that allows players to design and create their own unique gear based on templates provided by Bioware?

Q: Have you considered creating repeatable mission series that unlock a new mission with in the series each week as a way to feed small amount of content to the player base during the lull between content patches?

Q: Will the player base be able to recover the Ebon Hawk?

Q: What sort of content do you have planned for players that don't enjoy pvping and don't have the time or lack the interest in doing the pve endgame content (Ops)?

Q: When can we expect name changes and character gender / face/eyes/hair (Appearance) changes?

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

The only question that comes to my mind which wasn't asked before me, is that: When and how are you planning to introduce the revamped Achievement (aka. Codex) system?

You've been talking about it for some time also (besides many other things).

It would be really interesting and motivating to many players if you'd reward those who achieve full mastery in some of the achievements (or complete the whole thing), (with special mount or armor or title or companion customization, etc...)

Also if you could revamp it in a way that we could see from all characters our achievement unlocks on the same servers. For example on my sorcerer I could also see and read the JK achievement unlocks (including story specific ones, just indicate which class' story it belongs to).

The companion presence and class heroic moment and emote unlocks were great motivation to experience each and every class through their entire story line. This revamped achievement system could be also another incentive to play each and every class. Which hopefully I don't have to break down what it could mean consequently.

Edited by Augustus

Question #1: Can we expect any focus on sandbox elements anytime soon? And which kind?

Comment: Sandbox features keeps players in game and mitigate the issue of burning content too fast.

---------------------------------

Question #2: Are you at all working on bringing in world PvP in TOR and along that the WAR between the 2 factions?

Comment: Warzones gets boring in the long term and (eventually) a single planet isn't world PvP but a bigger instance.

Question #3: Can we expect any improvement both on character(and companions) body customization and gear customization, from new tattoos down to gear dyes and appearance tabs? Both at character creation and in game.

Comment: Character(and companions) customization is seriously lacking for a game in which we keep seeing our characters in full screen during cut scene. And the Mods UI is tedious and not even as flexible as appearance tabs.

Question #4: Will we finally be able to play companions because we like them instead of being "required" to use them because of their skills? (Ie: kit roles or equivalent)

Comment: Ex: Stih Warriors have an issue with Quinn.

Question #5: Chat bubbles: when? Are you even working on them at all?

Comment: Not needed.

Question #6: Dual (or more) specs Yes/No/When?

Comment: It's much needed to mitigate the lack of specific trinity roles and being efficient both in PvP, grouped PvE and single player PvE

Question #7: How about Pazaak, pod/swoop racing?

Comment: How can you not have Pazaak, even single player one when you do own the source code and licence for it with Kotor, seriously?

Question #8: Why automated re-queue to WZ was removed at all? And will be ever be able not to select the WZ we don't enjoy?

Comment: Forcing player to do content they don't like = not happy customers and well it ends us leaving WZ we don't like upon spawning in.

Question #9: How about real ranked WZ with gear imposed by the game? And well allowing players not to queue against ranked groups and be ganked?

Comment: Ain't any fun in that at all.

Question #10: Why adding even more CC in PvP in 1.4 when players already gave overwhelming feedback the game felt like Stun Wars?

Comment: Being stunned means removing the keyboard from the hands of the player == bad behavior.

Question #11: Mercs and Commando: did you realize you "nerfed" them a lot when they in fact needed some luvin? Are you going to do anything at all, or are we... doomed?

Comment: I don't have any desire to play my Gunnery Commando at all, while it was my PvP character and I, so far, accepted it to be weaker than others and not desired in Ranked WZ.

Question #12: Seems my friends playing Consular or Inquisitor are far from happy with the 1.4 changes, and most other players don't seems to feel the changes were needed? Say what?

Comment: My Sage and Inquisitor are too low level to comment.

Question #14: Mail can we have mail sent directly to our datapad like in 2004 SWG and 2012 GW2? And how about companions carrying packages between our home (space ship) and ourselves?

Comment: Being obliged to go to a post office feels like so much old school and does not promotes socialization at all.

Question $15: How about browsing the GTN with our datapad?

Comment: We are in a retarded civilization compared to SW setting and we can browse ebay with iPhones and have packaged delivered(picked up) to(from) our home/office.

Question #16: Cn we expect something along: lengthening GTN posting to 7 days?

Comment: Would help promoting trading lower level items.

Question #17: Will we be able to recall directly to our space ships to mitigate the loading screens?

Comment: Play GW2 and /cry...

Question #18: How about target transfer? If I DPS a friend it will DPS it's target?

Comment: Well something that makes playing less tedious.

Question #19: More quickslot bars and being able to move around companions skills? When?

Comment: This point is really disappointing and much needed.

Question #20: Can we have a mouse look toggle?

Comment: Turning around with the mouse can be painful for some of us, especially during long game play sessions.

Bonus Questions

Question #A: The announced level 50 space missions feels like a waste of $$$ and dev efforts. Can you explain the choice behind this, because none of my friends (still playing) ever do a space mission.

Comment: I'm afraid the "secret space project" might have even been ditched or won't be what players expect: something based on X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter.

Question #B: Can you please just ditch the 1.2 gear instead of even re-colorizing it?

Comment: What did you not understand in: players don't like it and don't feel it suits a SW setting?

Hopefully not wasted my time writing these questions.

Edited by Deewe

My two cents: The only thing that is missing from Star Wars to make it a truly addicting and enjoyable long lasting experience is Player to Player interactions OUTSIDE OF PVP MATCHES AND OPS RUNS. The galaxy is so separated and Sith and Republic players only communicate" in PvP matches or random ganking on some far off planet. The economy is boring and pointless and has no creative spirit what so ever. Most crafting is a joke and a waste of time (I should know Im an Artificer). And unless you like grinding you face down in repetitious activities that don't evoke any of the emotions of Star Wars this game is pretty much a waste of time. Ill tell you what I do enjoy...A Servers community and what creative ways other players have turned their lemons into lemonade. There can be an unlimited potential for players who enjoy community here or just a good sand boxing experience. You guys just need to expand upon it and get creative.

A good start could be allowing players to create and manipulate their environments in some way. Erect buildings, base camps, or whole cities. Set traps, hide custom made loot for other players to discover or maybe custom flash points. Allow players to place real credit-fronted bounty's/rewards on players collectible upon a received mark, player named Item, or commendation. Let players have the freedom to go ANYWHERE THEY WANT TO. I know some of the larger militia guilds would love to take charge of watching the gates or even starting new wars on servers. You could even throw in weapons and combat vehicles and real turrets (not cooldown based) to support assaults and defend bases (also preventing PvP mosh pits that made pvp on Ilum pointless and simply a battle of the classes with the pull ability). Maybe opening up the customization in crafting and setting up filter options to prevent unwanted abuse. I know guilds would love to use emblems and in game colors to represent themselves. There is just so much to contribute here even by a predictable mmo standard. I guess what I'm asking for is a less sterile environment. I mean the only reason I would ever go back to any planet you guys have created is to RP or for comms. Thats it :(. Its kind of a waste you know and to waste the potential of Star Wars is a major crime.

Imagine though, like a "Minecraft" type setup (much better graphics though hehe), where you could purchase a hanger and build your own guild ship/base from scratch. That would make this game worth playing again and motivate a better in-game economy for real ship parts and supplies. Maybe put in an exploration patch to visit a new set of planets or open space for combat and resource mining with your guild ship and only allow it to exist and be accessible where it was last docked lol. Too much? Maybe for Subed players only? Heck I should make that a game. :D Its like a TON of games in existence right now in one. *hint hint* (It can be done)

Edited by SOLIDTROY