Unable to romance Lana

DoubleANova

I attempted to create a romance with Lana when doing KOTFE while the gravestone was being revived, but unfortunately that was the extent of that romance. However, I have now completed KOTET and no further dialogue has popped to further that romance. Can someone assist?

The only opportunity to lock in a romance with Lana is kotfe chapter 9, during the cantina cutscene, you have to choose the [Flirt] version of “I need to talk to one of you” after having previously chosen a sufficient number of flirt options with her. If you miss that *one* opportunity (many people apparently did because Theron is the last in the conversation to speak right before that dialogue choice comes up), no Lana romance for that character ever. I’m not completely sure, but I think that might also be the only point to lock in romances with the others involved in the conversation.

Once it’s locked in, well...there’s a lot going on, so you don’t get to actually see much romance for a bit (you’re all extremely busy building up the alliance, etc)

Edited by VelvetSanity

I have a problem with the Lana romance too. I've romanced her all the way and was locked in the romance, but the marriage proposal option didn't pop up after Nathema, and the worst of all, now that I've started the Ossus quests, it seems like the fact that I've been in a relationship with her has been erased as well...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. :mad:

• 1 month later...
I have a problem with the Lana romance too. I've romanced her all the way and was locked in the romance, but the marriage proposal option didn't pop up after Nathema, and the worst of all, now that I've started the Ossus quests, it seems like the fact that I've been in a relationship with her has been erased as well...

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. :mad:

I know I definitely locked in the relationship with Lana and my BH has been flirting and romancing since he met her (I think I chose once not to flirt because I felt it was inappropriate at the time to be flirting).

In the cantina scene, I chose the flirt option, I had the cutscene with the dialog pop up that I was going to be romancing this character and I continued. Right before the final fight on Odessen, my BH kissed Lana and told her he loved her but there was never any marriage proposal.

Was there suppose to be?

Edited by ejadavidson

I know I definitely locked in the relationship with Lana and my BH has been flirting and romancing since he met her (I think I chose once not to flirt because I felt it was inappropriate at the time to be flirting).

In the cantina scene, I chose the flirt option, I had the cutscene with the dialog pop up that I was going to be romancing this character and I continued. Right before the final fight on Odessen, my BH kissed Lana and told her he loved her but there was never any marriage proposal.

Was there suppose to be?

No, the marriage proposal comes later.

No, the marriage proposal comes later.

Okay, thanks. What a relief. I thought I messed up by not picking that one flirt option. They were down on Natheema trying to track down Vaylinn and it just seemed very inappropriate and unprofessional at that moment to be flirting.

Edited by ejadavidson

Okay, thanks. What a relief. I thought I messed up by not picking that one flirt option. They were down on Natheema trying to track down Vaylinn and it just seemed very inappropriate and unprofessional at that moment to be flirting.

No, it's on a mission after Kotet ends.

Edited by OldVengeance

• 1 year later...

Sorry to necro this thread, was trying to do some google searches on this issue.

So I'm guessing I'm pretty much screwed out of the romance with Lana if I missed that one flirt option from chaptor 9? (or whichever chaptor it is). I was one of the people that mistakenly thought I was about to flirt with Theron and so I picked the other option. I kind of only found out later that pretty much messed up the whole thing for me. I haven't started Ossus yet, but I've finished kotet and I think most of the story up to it

I'm a bit broken up about it honestly. I feel like I spent a large portion of the story trying to be with her, and now my character is just single with no one now. I'm guessing there's no way to fix it?

Sorry to necro this thread, was trying to do some google searches on this issue.

So I'm guessing I'm pretty much screwed out of the romance with Lana if I missed that one flirt option from chaptor 9? (or whichever chaptor it is). I was one of the people that mistakenly thought I was about to flirt with Theron and so I picked the other option. I kind of only found out later that pretty much messed up the whole thing for me. I haven't started Ossus yet, but I've finished kotet and I think most of the story up to it

I'm a bit broken up about it honestly. I feel like I spent a large portion of the story trying to be with her, and now my character is just single with no one now. I'm guessing there's no way to fix it?

The romances are kind of a one time only thing, if you mess up you basically have to just make another character. I've never heard of anyone writing a ticket and getting them to fix it, usually they're just like ohh ya we understand how frustrating it feels but there's nothing we can do about it. I'm sure there is something they can do but will they do it is another story.

I messed up the Kalyio romance on my Op and ended up making a Sniper just so I could see how it was in the newer content.

There's currently no "second chance" thing, although BioWare do know people want it, but they would (obviously) prefer to be able to weave it into story content.

Thanks for the replies. That's what I was afraid of. I had considered starting over, but because it's my main, there's just too much that I would lose. Guess my sith will just have a new reason to hate everything

It would be nice for them to put something in that maybe reset things. Even if I had to play from the starting story again, while keeping everything else. I'm not going to hold my breath on that though

Thanks for the replies. That's what I was afraid of. I had considered starting over, but because it's my main, there's just too much that I would lose. Guess my sith will just have a new reason to hate everything

It would be nice for them to put something in that maybe reset things. Even if I had to play from the starting story again, while keeping everything else. I'm not going to hold my breath on that though

Ya it would be cool if they did something where you just redo the story line, and maybe the only things that actually change are the romances. Cause I see this alot sometimes its confusing the first time you do it and then you end up screwed. Or maybe just have a story line that's strictly the romances. I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything about it cause I see people with this problem alot more than you think you aren't alone in it. Sometimes you hit the wrong key and don't know it and bam your done.

Maybe they will add another romance line in the future, or like give you a quest that's like a 2nd chance. It shouldn't be that hard.

Ya it would be cool if they did something where you just redo the story line, and maybe the only things that actually change are the romances. Cause I see this alot sometimes its confusing the first time you do it and then you end up screwed. Or maybe just have a story line that's strictly the romances. I'm actually surprised they haven't done anything about it cause I see people with this problem alot more than you think you aren't alone in it. Sometimes you hit the wrong key and don't know it and bam your done.

Maybe they will add another romance line in the future, or like give you a quest that's like a 2nd chance. It shouldn't be that hard.

I can sympathize with this. One of my characters broke it off with Theron when the Companion Spouse returned, but there was never an option to get back together when widowed. It's story disappointing, but realistically I don't think it's bad of the game. It furthers the emphasis that your choices matter. Obviously there are set scripts as necessary for a computer game, but you get choices for paths to take and the consequences there of. You can have head cannon roleplaying, but the game gives you some roleplaying itself.

I like in the Cantina Scene even if you flirt with Koth beforehand, you can disappoint him enough in your choices that he takes himself out as a romance option.