Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Powertech: Tanking and You

KopetanchegX
08.01.2013 , 12:52 PM | #91
Thanks for guide.

Found small mistake. Bioanalysis isnt crafting skill, biochem is.

paulyWALNUTS
08.03.2013 , 07:42 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Escaflownae View Post
Vanguard Rotations

Single Target Rotation
Storm> SS> HS> HIB> HS> IP> HS> SS> HS> SG> HS> EB> HS> Repeat

Powertech Rotations

Single Target Rotation
Jet Charge> SS> HS> HIB> HS> IP> HS> SS> HS> SG> HS> EB> HS> Repeat
Your Powertech rotation isn't translated; it's using the Vanguard terminology.

BernRod
08.09.2013 , 04:27 PM | #93
Thanks for this guide.....very helpful to better understand my role as a power-tech tank Are you guys aware of any articles that help you understand more of the ops interface while in real time mode? For example, on how to be able to monitor aggro, threat, and overall stats of the team via the GUI, besides just using your eyes. Not sure if there are icons, bars, or even colors that help identify what is happening. Some battles can get messy.
"Yo ho ho Joe"

Escaflownae
08.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by KopetanchegX View Post
Thanks for guide.

Found small mistake. Bioanalysis isnt crafting skill, biochem is.
Awesome thanks! I corrected it in the guide.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Need a referral? Here you go

Escaflownae
08.19.2013 , 10:14 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by paulyWALNUTS View Post
Your Powertech rotation isn't translated; it's using the Vanguard terminology.
Oops! I corrected it just now. Please let me know if you see anything else like that.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Escaflownae
08.19.2013 , 10:15 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by BernRod View Post
Thanks for this guide.....very helpful to better understand my role as a power-tech tank Are you guys aware of any articles that help you understand more of the ops interface while in real time mode? For example, on how to be able to monitor aggro, threat, and overall stats of the team via the GUI, besides just using your eyes. Not sure if there are icons, bars, or even colors that help identify what is happening. Some battles can get messy.
I just added a section about Threat to the guide. I'm not sure it's what your looking for but I do think it will help you understand how it works more.

Hockaday
08.25.2013 , 04:45 PM | #97
I wouldn't suggest those specs...both look very bad.
The Empire is not evil, and the Republic is not good...it is all a matter of opinion.
Nerf Hungering! It's too OP.=Bartle Test Results:= CE VIP
{Reward-Driven 85%} {Exploratory -60%} {Physical 32%} {Thoughtful -26%} {Social -60%} {Competitive 100%}

Escaflownae
08.26.2013 , 07:23 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Hockaday View Post
I wouldn't suggest those specs...both look very bad.
Actually , I agree with you the talent builds I made arn't there. I'll upload them again I guess something changed because those builds have 8 points left over and arn't even filled out correctly. Thank for bringing that to my attention.

wetslampigduex
08.26.2013 , 08:59 AM | #99
Why does this have a sticky, its not updated for 2.0. It seems to be "ok" for pre 2.0 but not now.

Bzallen
05.25.2014 , 01:28 PM | #100
One huge point that was glossed over is the fact that Energy Blast is one of your best defensive abilities. Threat generation doesn`t even factor into taking it or not, just the fact that you get a 25% increase to your shield absorb makes this a must for tanking in PVE. It should be on your bar and on cooldown constantly