Non-force using classes in KotFE and KotET? (Possible Spoilers)

Mashugana

I've played through KotET with a Sith Sorc and it seems like a lot of the story revolves around the Force. Has anyone played through with a non-force class like Agent or Smuggler? I do not see how that story could work with a Republic Trooper but I love the story. Has Bioware done something clever for the non-Force users to make it fun? Or does it feel a little forced?

I've played through KotET with a Sith Sorc and it seems like a lot of the story revolves around the Force. Has anyone played through with a non-force class like Agent or Smuggler? I do not see how that story could work with a Republic Trooper but I love the story. Has Bioware done something clever for the non-Force users to make it fun? Or does it feel a little forced?

Of course people play it with NFU classes.

There are a fair few people who say that the really weird classes in KotFE/ET are Smuggler and Bounty Hunter, while Trooper and Agent are OK (or at least "less weird"). Why?

Well, the Trooper is accustomed to being in command, and the Agent gets promoted in KotFE Chapter IX from Commander to Commander. Both of them, especially the Trooper, are used to running larger operations than themselves and a handful of nutjobs (er, sorry, companions). The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter, on the other hand, are mostly independents, and it's often remarked (by people on these forums) on how strange it is for their DS Smuggler or BH to be in charge of the Alliance.

Bear in mind also that the bulk of KotFE has almost nothing to do with the Force - there's no mention at all of it in Chapters X, XI, XIII, XIV, XV, and not much in I (the references on an FU class to "I sense it too" concerning the Emperor are removed for NFU classes), II (V refers to your inability to *wield* the Force). III, IV, V, VI, VII VIII and IX don't discuss the Force much, and in fairly generic ways.

KotET is, in some cases, more troubling for NFUs, but Chapter VI (Vaylin's party) actually makes more sense for an NFU - the FU classes, especially LS characters, would be easily detected by Vaylin, and probably by the senior Knights and Horizon Guard.