Respect Revan

MasterMe

Several Jedi have displayed Lightning. Luke Skywalker and Plo Koon are ones that I can name off the top of my head. And you talk as if Revan is the actual Chosen One lol.

Not arguing or defending or trying to offened or anything of the above

I think alot of people thought alot of Jedi and themselves to be the Chosen One , it would just go to figure that someone would believe that of Revan , Exar Kun or any other Powerful Forceuser at this time period . Count Dooku comes to mind . But yea as you were saying lol.

Edited by mefit

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about that Darth Nox who have to beat Revan at least with an other 3 people?

I said "STORYWISE ENDGAME" of course during the flashpoint with revan the 4 classes have not reached the peak of their power but if they faced him at the peak if their power the wrath or nox I would say they would most likely beat him.

Mefit I think what he is saying that revan being able to use lightning is not all that special well... thats how I am reading it.

Edited by lokdron

Not arguing or defending or trying to offened or anything of the above

I think alot of people thought alot of Jedi and themselves to be the Chosen One , it would just go to figure that someone would believe that of Revan , Exar Kun or any other Powerful Forceuser at this time period . Count Dooku comes to mind . But yea as you were saying lol.

Dooku thought himself the Chosen One, but he realized that the Chosen One comes from a virgin mother*. He did not so he then considered himself very powerful. Which he was.

*I think that's what it said lol.

I said "STORYWISE ENDGAME" of course during the flashpoint with revan the 4 classes have not reached the peak of their power but if they faced him at the peak if their power the wrath or nox I would say they would most likely beat him.

Mefit I think what he is saying that revan being able to use lightning is not all that special well... thats how I am reading it.

Story-wise, Nox and the Wrath are immensely more powerful in the end-game then when they fought Revan.

Yes, the use of Force Lightning isn't all that impressive. Pretty much every Sith uses it and several Jedi have used. Force Lightning is becoming Force Push. Everyone uses it lol.

Honestly I just think what made revan stand out was his charisma/leadership qualities not how leet/epic he was with the force/lightsaber combat.

Plus I wonder where people are getting the idea that he mastered both dark and light when that's impossible as someone said revan was on a force yo-yo.

Yeah your right force lightning is pretty much becoming like force push since so many people can use it I mean in lore they describe that its a pretty hard ability to use and master and not every force user as an affinity with it.

Edited by lokdron

Dooku thought himself the Chosen One, but he realized that the Chosen One comes from a virgin mother*. He did not so he then considered himself very powerful. Which he was.

*I think that's what it said lol.

Count Dooku was very powerful and skilled , but he was not smart enough to truely see Sidious plan . Who knows what would have happened if he was just a tad bit more brighter .

Truely a Epic Character in the storyline , I think its awesome his greatest weakness was just not being able to see past the War and see things on many Paths like Sidious. Truely what made Sidious the most evil Character in the Universe so far .

Count Dooku was very powerful and skilled , but he was not smart enough to truely see Sidious plan . Who knows what would have happened if he was just a tad bit more brighter .

Truely a Epic Character in the storyline , I think its awesome his greatest weakness was just not being able to see past the War and see things on many Paths like Sidious. Truely what made Sidious the most evil Character in the Universe so far .

As kriea said someone will topple the republic with words and thats what makes Sidious awesome beating the jedi and republic without a lightsaber or the force.

Edited by lokdron

Honestly I just think what made revan stand out was his charisma/leadership qualities not how leet/epic he was with the force/lightsaber combat.

Plus I wonder where people are getting the idea that he mastered both dark and light when that's impossible as someone said revan was on a force yo-yo.

Yeah your right force lightning is pretty much becoming like force push since so many people can use it I mean in lore they describe that its a pretty hard ability to use and master and not every force user as an affinity with it.

People seem to not understand that Light and Dark are Moral Paths .

I agree. Revan was a leader. A general. While he was also powerful, it was his ability to lead that made him famous in the first place.

Revan flip-flopped between Light and Dark. He has never used both at one time. He has never mastered either side.

It is a difficult power to use, but when you can master it (like Sidious), your Lightning can be extremely powerful.

Count Dooku has always been a sucker for betrayal. He never thought Sidious would betray him. They were going to rule the galaxy, but Sidious had other plans. And Dooku played his part perfectly.

Sidious was able to bring down the Republic and the Jedi through deception. He was able to destroy the Jedi Order, utterly and completely, something several incarnations of the Sith Empire could not do.

Count Dooku has always been a sucker for betrayal. He never thought Sidious would betray him. They were going to rule the galaxy, but Sidious had other plans. And Dooku played his part perfectly.

I can only imagine Tyrannus telepathically sending a message to Sidious before he died 'Can't we just let Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons?' 'No.' *dead*

I can only imagine Tyrannus telepathically sending a message to Sidious before he died 'Can't we just let Qui-Gons be Qui-Gons?' 'No.' *dead*

I could imagine that. :)

You could practically see Dooku beeging Palpatine to save him. You could see it in his eyes. And then Palpatine says "Kill him." And Dooku was like "Betrayed AGAIN!"

I feel sorry for him. Kinda.

I could imagine that. :)

You could practically see Dooku beeging Palpatine to save him. You could see it in his eyes. And then Palpatine says "Kill him." And Dooku was like "Betrayed AGAIN!"

I feel sorry for him. Kinda.

Dooku had it coming Karma wise anyways , but it was kids sad :(

Dooku had it coming Karma wise anyways , but it was kids sad :(

Yeah. He did a lot of bad stuff, but the way his life was ended was not the way he would have wanted to go out imo. He would have wanted an honorable death. Instead, he was backstabbed by his master. Sad :(

1. Luke Skywalker, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, Mace Windu, Yoda, Plo Koon, Ki-Adi Mundi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Cin Drallig, Kyp Durron, Kyle Katarn, Darth Caedus, Jaina Solo... need I go on. All of these people are off the top of my head on who could beat Revan in a Lightsaber duel. Notice how all of them are from a future era. That my friend is canon.

When you say your opinion is canon, it makes you look silly. It shows you are biased and aren't taking this conversation into a reasonable perspective.

I don't know everything about all the Jedi and Sith but Revan does seem to be pretty powerful when he was around. I'm sure he could stand on equal footing with anyone in the Star Wars universe.

This whole conversation is now meaningless. We now have a new tier of cannon. It's called D-Cannon, and it says that Jack Sparrow would murder Luke Skywalker. All hail the new ownership.

The idea of Jack Sparrow is better than the reality. He probably hasn't washed in years. The stench alone would kill a man. lol.

YES, Revan mastered both light and radk side. When i say mastered it means that he was very skilled with both side POWERS.

I know that light and dark is a moral thing, and Revan never was both good and evil. The yo-yo was about his alignment not about his powers.

In kotor he can use force lightning, force choke, wound, drain energy as heal, stasis, force shield. The first 3 are DARK SIDE POWERS. I know some jedis have used them, i posted that, but they are inherently dark. You won't see a jedi teaching powers like that, and a jedi that learns them and use them all the time will fall to the dark side eventually.

And the other 3, which are light side power won't be used by sith. You don't see a sith healing his wound with only a touch and you don't see master yoda casting lightning.

Revan is one of the few force users that can use both kind of powers. He isn't dark and light at the same time, he isn't good and evil, he just can cast powers from both sides.

Also, Revan had a lot of knowledge of the force:

"Several millennia later, this holocron was discovered by Darth Bane, who noted that Revan's knowledge of Sith Lore was greater than the entire information contained in the archives of the Sith Academy in Korriban in his time"

I dont understand.

Is this a "Respect Revan" thread based on the fact that he is powerful or the fact that he is a "great" character?

Well, he is a great character for sure. Few will disagree with that.

And don't get hung up on the word "respect" 'cause I really just used it 'cause it started with the same letter as Revan.

As for the purpose of this thread, I've been trying to communicate that he is a powerful being and that there are very few who would wipe the floor with him. This is a very modest/canon-supported statement. I've seen plenty of people underrate him a bit and it bothered me a lot, and that is why I appeared really pissed in my initial post.

I've argued that he is canonically in the same ball park of power as people like (for instance) Ki-Adi-Mundi, Darth Bane and a few others. Not to say that he'd beat these people, but he wouldn't be beated easily be beaten by these people.

That's what I've argued. My OPINION however is that he could beat people like Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bane (Bane is a tuff one). But I'm not going to argue my opinion.

Well, he is a great character for sure. Few will disagree with that.
Actually alot of people think he's a piss poor character and another mary sue.

As for the purpose of this thread, I've been trying to communicate that he is a powerful being and that there are very few who would wipe the floor with him. This is a very modest/canon-supported statement. I've seen plenty of people underrate him a bit and it bothered me a lot, and that is why I appeared really pissed in my initial post.

I've argued that he is canonically in the same ball park of power as people like (for instance) Ki-Adi-Mundi, Darth Bane and a few others. Not to say that he'd beat these people, but he wouldn't be beated easily be beaten by these people.

That's what I've argued. My OPINION however is that he could beat people like Ki-Adi-Mundi and Bane (Bane is a tuff one). But I'm not going to argue my opinion.

Well i don't disagree with him being a "weak character". Personally i think he is a powerful character but other than that, a boring character i dont relate with.

In the SW verse, unless your an extremely weak force sensitive, no ones going to wipe the floor with another guy. That is my opinion of course.