I hope 1.2 keeps people interested

Necrosia

The population on my server has been lower than normal, I hope when 1.2 releases people actually find it worth their while. In the mmos I've played people still played even before a patch released Edited by Necrosia

Its because people are migrating to new servers. Not because they're leaving.

I think its a combination of both to be honest. There are those who think the game is 'dying' and there is some kind of mass exodus and there are those who attribute the lighter servers to people rerolling on higher pop servers. I happen to believe it is a combination of the two. People are leaving, this is completely normal for any game as some will like it and some will not, those who don't will leave. Some people have decided to get the game experience they want it would be best to reroll on a higher pop server.

I guess my point here is that you can't say either way and it is more likely combination of the the two, rather than either or.

As far as the OP, I think if people left because this was not the game they were looking for, they will not return for 1.2 (even if they do they will leave again soon after). Those who already like the game will stay and some people who are on the fence might stay some might leave. In my opinion this patch will not revive dead servers, at most it will cause a slight increase in server pops while everyone tries it out and then they will return to their current state.

Edited by Jaymanus

I think it depends on what type of player your talking about.

I count myself as a hardcore gamer, and perhaps this is the wrong game for me. Even tho BW is trying to make Nightmare more challenging i think its too late for alot of guilds. Im staying here until i find something better ofcourse but im deeply worried that server population on my server has halfed the last month alone. (only way for me to see this is republic fleet and imperial fleet at prime time 7-23pm)

its normal for games that have been out for years

its not normal to see dead servers and the only ones with populations high pop ones for an mmo thats been out a couple months

So its not normal for people to buy a game and not like it and therefor not continue paying for it? From your statement I am lead to believe you think it is normal for everyone who buys a game to be in love with it and keep playing it for years. If this is the case you sorely mistaken. I would challenge you to name ONE game that has not lost subscribers after launch? Please don't say WoW because that would be showing your ignorance.

Simple fact is attrition in MMO gaming is common and expected by the developers, the way they combat this is by providing updates and advertising to get new players to replace those lost by natural attrition. Saying that no one leaves as your statement has implied, is just nonsense.

I apologize if I have misunderstood your comment, but it is difficult to make sense of "...and the only ones with populations high pop ones for an mmo.."

Edited by Jaymanus

I think it depends on what type of player your talking about.

I count myself as a hardcore gamer, and perhaps this is the wrong game for me. Even tho BW is trying to make Nightmare more challenging i think its too late for alot of guilds. Im staying here until i find something better ofcourse but im deeply worried that server population on my server has halfed the last month alone. (only way for me to see this is republic fleet and imperial fleet at prime time 7-23pm)

I would also consider my self a "hard-core" gamer (simply based on the fact that I spend 90% of my non work/sleep time playing games and not because I believe I have any skill lol).

I however don't have any issues with this game for what it is. At any one time I rotate my game play between 3 - 4 games and this means that once I have done what I need in TOR I just play another game. So TOR as it is fits nicely into my rotation, however if this was the ONLY game I played then I could see me getting 'burned' out by the content. Having said that though I feel that is true for all games, hence why I have now moved from playing one game at a time to playing several and just moving my focus and how much I play each one around to accommodate for patches, DLC and so forth.

So TL;DR, I agree with you, it defiantly depends on the type of gamer you are but I don't feel that is as simply as casual vs hardcore in the traditional sense.

I would also consider my self a "hard-core" gamer (simply based on the fact that I spend 90% of my non work/sleep time playing games and not because I believe I have any skill lol).

I however don't have any issues with this game for what it is. At any one time I rotate my game play between 3 - 4 games and this means that once I have done what I need in TOR I just play another game. So TOR as it is fits nicely into my rotation, however if this was the ONLY game I played then I could see me getting 'burned' out by the content. Having said that though I feel that is true for all games, hence why I have now moved from playing one game at a time to playing several and just moving my focus and how much I play each one around to accommodate for patches, DLC and so forth.

So TL;DR, I agree with you, it defiantly depends on the type of gamer you are but I don't feel that is as simply as casual vs hardcore in the traditional sense.

Yeah i agree with you there, its probably not that simple. I also play other games, im forced to or i would die of boredom. But for me 2 weeks of getting almost full rakata gear is way too fast for operation progression imo. Hopefully 1.2 will fix this to some extent :)

Yeah i agree with you there, its probably not that simple. I also play other games, im forced to or i would die of boredom. But for me 2 weeks of getting almost full rakata gear is way too fast for operation progression imo. Hopefully 1.2 will fix this to some extent :)

Yeah, from the sounds of it the new tier is defiantly intended to take more time and what we have at the moment is supposed to be the 'entry level' stuff. I always just seen it as exactly that, they released with what they thought most of the population would get a chance to see and are adding the more difficult stuff as more people are able to access it.

It unfortunately does not make 'business' sense to spend initial development time on content only a small percentage will see. So instead they have done what they have done and focused primarily on 'starter' content and are now developing the 'real' (i use that for lack of a better word) end game stuff. I guess the benefit to those of us who are able to wait will be when the harder stuff drops we will be ready to jump straight into it.

Time will tell, at this stage I am happy to work on alts and wait as I am excited about what is to come.

Edited by Jaymanus

So its not normal for people to buy a game and not like it and therefor not continue paying for it? From your statement I am lead to believe you think it is normal for everyone who buys a game to be in love with it and keep playing it for years. If this is the case you sorely mistaken. I would challenge you to name ONE game that has not lost subscribers after launch? Please don't say WoW because that would be showing your ignorance.

Simple fact is attrition in MMO gaming is common and expected by the developers, the way they combat this is by providing updates and advertising to get new players to replace those lost by natural attrition. Saying that no one leaves as your statement has implied, is just nonsense.

I apologize if I have misunderstood your comment, but it is difficult to make sense of "...and the only ones with populations high pop ones for an mmo.."

im sure a retard could of figured out what i said.im sorry if your intelligence is that low

Edited by CrunkShizzle

its normal for games that have been out for years

its not normal to see dead servers and the only ones with populations high pop ones for an mmo thats been out a couple months

Makes me wonder what MMO's besides World of Warcraft you have played tbh. The last i can think of is RIFT, Age of Conan, Warhammer and Aion. All had empty/low servers less then 3 months after release.

It has almost become the norm from MMO's nowadays, which is sad.

Edited by Korghal

Makes me wonder what MMO's besides World of Warcraft you have played tbh. The last i can think of is RIFT, Age of Conan, Warhammer and Aion. All had empty/low servers less then 3 months after release.

It has almost become the norm from MMO's nowadays, which is sad.

Make a good game and people will play it.

im sure a retard could of figured out what i said.im sorry if your intelligence is that low

Ok if you want to make a snide comment my retort is, even a retard could cross check their post prior to posting. I did infer the intent of the post and hence the rest of my post which you seem to have ignored. Now if you actually want to make a valid response to my post I welcome a thought out response and would appreciate if you refrain from further childish posts as they do nothing but show your lack of a valid argument.

Edited by Jaymanus

um World of Warcraft.

I think its a combination of both to be honest. There are those who think the game is 'dying' and there is some kind of mass exodus and there are those who attribute the lighter servers to people rerolling on higher pop servers. I happen to believe it is a combination of the two. People are leaving, this is completely normal for any game as some will like it and some will not, those who don't will leave. Some people have decided to get the game experience they want it would be best to reroll on a higher pop server.

I guess my point here is that you can't say either way and it is more likely combination of the the two, rather than either or.

As far as the OP, I think if people left because this was not the game they were looking for, they will not return for 1.2 (even if they do they will leave again soon after). Those who already like the game will stay and some people who are on the fence might stay some might leave. In my opinion this patch will not revive dead servers, at most it will cause a slight increase in server pops while everyone tries it out and then they will return to their current state.

I think 1.3 will be the game changer with LFG and duel specs. 1.2 is mostly for altaholics.

The one thing people don't mention is there's basically 3 types of people who play these games. You have your person who plays only a few hours a week and enjoys everything a game has to offer. Next you have people who play everyday for an hour or two. Then you have the person who seems to spend there whole life in the game... Anyway there's more types, especially the hardcore player who always needs that challenge, like my son... It's really hard for developers to make that magical game where everyone is thrilled with what's offered. I think that's where we come in. If the developers listen to the majority of us as far as where we would like to see the game move towards, then we should see some good changes down the road. Lord knows I've seen companies shoot themselves in the foot with there decisions. like Aion. It made NO difference which side you played in the game. Just remember it takes several months to get things ironed out. This game will be nothing like it is now come 6 months to a year...

They've rolled out quite a few heavy nerfs in 1.2, most of which are illogical and thus have put into question BW's capability in balancing classes.

Making the most played class excessively bad in order to discourage people from playing it was an awful decision- and I think we'll see a great deal of unsubs due to it.

They've rolled out quite a few heavy nerfs in 1.2, most of which are illogical and thus have put into question BW's capability in balancing classes.

Making the most played class excessively bad in order to discourage people from playing it was an awful decision- and I think we'll see a great deal of unsubs due to it.

I love it tho, having a cookie cutter class wont make a better game. Perhaps you would like what blizzard did in wow? having druids being the most op class for 2 expansions? :p

I love it tho, having a cookie cutter class wont make a better game. Perhaps you would like what blizzard did in wow? having druids being the most op class for 2 expansions? :p

That's the exact problem- the classes were relatively well balanced- but right now they're doing all the can to unbalance it.

Also, for many classes there were numerous good specs at launch- take the sorc for example- you had your pures, corruption being a good heal build, madness being a weaker dps build but many did like the root- but you also had five or six VIABLE hybrid specs- it was fantastic having multiple specs that could do everything from- good burst to good aoe to good mobility and CC to decent burst and decent healing to good healing and some damage. Variety is a good thing, being able to focus on something or something else in a class is a good thing.

By removing all the hybrids- they're doing the exact opposite of what you're saying- they're forcing people into cookie cutters- and every time they take away hybrid options, they're doing more of it.

I DO NOT want them to do what blizzard did, yet that is EXACTLY what they are doing- and even with the same bloody class. Warriors in WoW have been in the top three classes for arena rep above 2200 for most of the last four years- and lo and behold, marauders are the top class here.

Legacy is nice for a lot of folks I'm sure. However, at the same time, there are many many people who really don't care too much about alts, and further, alts 4 months after launch when so many have already been created. I am much much much more stoked about some new content to play through and the quality of life additions than whether or not my new character can have a different color skin. I know this is a major patch for the Bioware team, unfortunately it doesn't exactly focus on the stuff I'm personally looking for.

This game is in serious trouble. Most casuals have already got a character to 50, got bored then quit.

If you dont PvP or Raid theres nothing for you at 50.

I myself like levelling all the classes (I have 8 Rep Toons) so im not bored.

But theres no denying that most servers have gone from Full or Heavy to "Light".

& I think you could replace the word "Light" with "Virtually empty".

1.2 is NOT going to fix this. Theres nothing for alters in it, Legacy? Thats for hardcore players grinding out ther dailys & raking in the millions of creds.

If you spend your time alting & crafting you have no cash & no legacy levels.

Tor: Too much Themepark & not enough sandbox.