Returning Player - Server Choice?

Verile

Hello all,

I'm returning after 2+ years and before I start over, I'm looking for some advice on server choice. It looks like, from the website, there's only 3 now? What's the difference between them?

Thanks!

I'm looking for some advice on server choice. It looks like, from the website, there's only 3 now?
There are 5 servers, though only 3 designated as "English" language servers, so presumably, that's what you're after.

At the last round of server merges, the folks from the old US "West Coast" servers were put on Satele Shan, and the "East Coast" folks were put on Star Forge. But the servers are physically located in the same place, so there's no performance benefit to picking one over the other. The populations are still a bit skewed one way or the other, in terms of peak play times.

Darth Malgus is the EU English-language server. You should get better pings to this one if you are in Europe.

Language is not exclusive. I've seen Spanish, Portugese, Russian, Polish, and other languages on all the "English" servers.

I'd suggest you just pick whichever English server has "peak" play times that best align with your usual play times. Or whichever one your old characters got moved to, and/or where your friends/guildies from before are playing (if they are).

Edited by Adric_the_Red