View distance - how to lower it

Sewerus

Hey,

So i am trying to enjoy this game but the draw distance really annoys me. It is too big.

I have around 75 fps on corrusant and nar shadda when there are small spaces but on planets like balmorra or dromund kaas my fps goes down to 30 fps.

Is there any way to lower the view disntance i really need to have it. For me fps lower then 40 fps is not acceptable when playing. I have around 50 fps while playing dragon age inquisition and shadow of mordor but i do not have it here, despite that this game looks 10 times worse.

Any tips how to resolve it ?

Cheer,

Sew

Next time, actually read the question before you "answer"

I do not understand that there might be a problem there.

I understand that there might be a screen refresh problem because a too big screen might be too much for the graphics card to draw - but this doesn't change my opinion that one can lower the view distance with the mouse wheel.

I don't quite understand, though, what view distance has to do with the screen refresh rate. Too many objects to draw, maybe, that's the only thing I can think of.

And, by the way, everything in SWTOR looks *very much* different when viewed in FPS view ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I do not understand

You seriously don't understand.

One more time:

Read the opening post, before you reply.

It has nothing to do with changing "camera distance" with a mouse wheel.

Draw distance as in distance at which objects become visible when approach them and stop being visible when you move away from them is not affected by mouse wheel in any way what so ever.

• 4 years later...
I'm actually having an opposite problem here, I want to make my render distance further away from my character. So I can see things better from a distance, I don't want to see things pop in out of thin air too much and be so close to me. I find that annoying, and I use to have it be fine a few in game patches back. Please give us render distance option in graphic settings! Unless I missed the setting somewhere?

I'm actually having an opposite problem here, I want to make my render distance further away from my character. So I can see things better from a distance, I don't want to see things pop in out of thin air too much and be so close to me. I find that annoying, and I use to have it be fine a few in game patches back. Please give us render distance option in graphic settings! Unless I missed the setting somewhere?

There are some options to change Render Distance. One option is to increase LOD using Nvidia Inspector, another option is to change the settings in the user.ini file.