Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This game has no SOUL

WhoTookMyName
02.25.2012 , 08:36 PM | #161
Oh and you are all right. This game has no soul.
I like Star Wars!

Blavatsky
02.25.2012 , 08:41 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by WhoTookMyName View Post
I do, but I am on the RP Server. Seems the populace does more to contribute content and keep the game interesting than the developer.
I hope they listen to the feedback then.

daMarek
02.25.2012 , 08:43 PM | #163
Give us more ambient sounds and atmosphere BioWare!

Mezla
02.25.2012 , 09:01 PM | #164
Hate to break it to you, OP, but there is no such thing as soul. You can't have something that doesn't exist.

Blavatsky
02.25.2012 , 09:08 PM | #165
Quote: Originally Posted by Mezla View Post
Hate to break it to you, OP, but there is no such thing as soul. You can't have something that doesn't exist.
On the contrary.

Soul Exists.

It may be amorphous , it may ellude your linguistic grasp.

But we know the Soul exists.

And the OP honors the Soul by attempting to make comparisons to it, here in the objective realm.

If you are saying that the Soul exists neither here in fantasy land , nor there in the fabled "real world" that we are sometimes threatened with...

Then I would ask you , as Allan Watts has asked us all.

Why go on.

And you only go on if the game is worth the gamble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN15Ohevar0

Sparklehorse
02.25.2012 , 09:24 PM | #166
Not true at all.

You can deprive a man of every possibility of hope and the will to live will still triumph.

We go on because we are biologically designed to do so.

Having said that, I do believe in soul, I just know better than to try and find it in a video game.
Stop exploding you cowards!

Cerion
02.25.2012 , 09:27 PM | #167
I never understood these threads...and by these threads I mean I've seen them before...in the forums of every MMO launched (after the original triad anyway).

I still don't know what 'lacks soul' means. The definition always changes...LOTRO lacks soul, DDO lacks soul, WoW lacks soul, STO lacks soul, Vanguard... you get the picture.

It is a nebulous critique that the developers can do nothing with. They can't 'impart' soul onto a game, especially when that definition of soul is so vague.

Blavatsky
02.25.2012 , 11:39 PM | #168
Quote: Originally Posted by Sparklehorse View Post
Not true at all.

You can deprive a man of every possibility of hope and the will to live will still triumph.

We go on because we are biologically designed to do so.

Having said that, I do believe in soul, I just know better than to try and find it in a video game.
well said sir