False Emperor

That's the fight. You get him to low health and then push him off the edge. This is meant to be a Darth Sidious sort of ending to it.

No, he means the trick where you have 3 people on 1 side of the pit, the tank on the other, and when he leaps to someone to try to push them he falls in the pit instead, at the very start of the fight.

very well then.. I was under the assumption that it was a glitch or bug or something.. but thank ye for the correction

It could be valued as an exploit, which exists since release.

But the fight is so much faster and as most people are only there for the bh comms, the faster the better ^^

No, he means the trick where you have 3 people on 1 side of the pit, the tank on the other, and when he leaps to someone to try to push them he falls in the pit instead, at the very start of the fight.

I'm so trying that later, any particular place people have to stand or can it be any edge of the pit?

I'm so trying that later, any particular place people have to stand or can it be any edge of the pit?

the most successful spots to stand in my experience has been: tank taunts malgus and stands in any spot between a pillar and the tunnel door to the right (if you are standing facing the stairs) the rest of the group (heals/dps) need to be standing on the opposite side of the pit, on the edge of the platform, or as close to the edge as possible, this is to give malgus the least amount of "floor" space to land to, when he jumps. Occasionally, he will bug, and never die. Ive only had this happen a couple of time, out of many. Sometimes it takes less then 20 seconds, sometimes it takes up to a minute or two, depending on where people are standing. Ive had people say "they fixed it" just because it was taking longer then the usual 20 or 30 seconds. Give it some time, he may leap around a few times, and players may die a few times (due to malgus pushing them into the pit) before he finally falls into the pit. Im sure this is not intended, and will be fixed in the future.

its helpful if the heals/dps can heal/dps from the other side of the pit, creating hate and getting malgus to jump quicker.

it is not helpful when players (other then the tank) run up to him and fight him, because they create that one spot that malgus might jump to that isnt near the pit. Basically, there should be only two places malgus might jump to: the tank or the rest of the group.

this method is 100% exploit and should get people that do it suspended/banned

he dies usually within 15 seconds and at 99% health

BW maybe take some integrity in your product? No other mmo company would tolerate blatant exploiting

this method is 100% exploit and should get people that do it suspended/banned

he dies usually within 15 seconds and at 99% health

BW maybe take some integrity in your product? No other mmo company would tolerate blatant exploiting

Rampant exploiting has been going on in PvE content since release and BW does little and less about it. It reminds me very much of my time in the Lord of the Rings Online. There were many, many exploits in raid content that became "normalized strat" because Turbine never cared to suspend for these infractions and / or fix the loop hole.

You know what the saddest part is? Go watch some videos of NiM EC and you will see exploits in the hardest fights in the game; and these tactics make certain parts of the fight absolutely trivial. It's a disgrace.

I wouldn't advocate bans, but BioWare really needs to close these loop holes.

Rampant exploiting has been going on in PvE content since release and BW does little and less about it. ...

Eh, exploits are eventually closed, albeit not quickly.

Like the Foreman Crusher safe zone or the Rainbow Bridge to Kephess. Some other exploits that escape my memory were also patched.

Edited by Khevar

Strangely, last night we actually KILLED Malgus. Straight up he was dead at my feet.

He initiated the 1v1 against me before he went invul and our dps was god enough that we got him to about 5-6%

when he went 1v1 against me. At that point I was able to drop him the remaining 5% and he just died right there.

Everyone in the group was kind of stunned ...

Strangely, last night we actually KILLED Malgus. Straight up he was dead at my feet.

He initiated the 1v1 against me before he went invul and our dps was god enough that we got him to about 5-6%

when he went 1v1 against me. At that point I was able to drop him the remaining 5% and he just died right there.

Everyone in the group was kind of stunned ...

Yeah, this is kind of interesting. Malgus goes into the last phase of the fight when he crosses the 10% health threshold. But when "Filling X's Head WIth Doubt" comes up it triggers a solo portion of the fight and the invulnerability won't kick in until Doubt is finished. If you have a good group they can burn the last bit of health during this phase and he'll drop dead.

Edit: Incidentally, I prefer finishing FE this way. There have been too many times during the last phase where he's shooting lightning at the group who has run to the faaaaaaaaaar side of the map. It's a little difficult to knock him over the edge if he stays on the stairs and won't move. :/

Edited by Khevar

Yeah it's defo a glitch when u kill him but I've found it's when you shove him over the edge and he doesn't actually go over. Then suddenly you can take his health down to the bottom. This fight really needs to be fixed because it really ruins the story. It's also so damn anti-climactic. It doesn't end like 'wow we killed Malgus' or have a spectacular ending like the foundry, it's more 'where did Malgus go?'