Warzones unbalanced?

JeepWithGuy

skill isn't going to give you key high level PvP skills/abilities, sorry kids

"bolstering" is a crap system that allows mediocre players to stomp low levels who can't fight back effectively

it also allows those same mediocre players to justify what they're doing; i.e. "that low level I killed was bolstered, so it was a fair fight!"

So did you get owned by lower level people or did a high level person beat you down?

Because all I'm seeing is "I got beat up change it".

So did you get owned by lower level people or did a high level person beat you down?

Because all I'm seeing is "I got beat up change it".

why not actually read what I'm saying and acknowledge that it's true?

being good at the game isn't going to make up for lacking high level CC abilities; you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that

why not actually read what I'm saying and acknowledge that it's true?

being good at the game isn't going to make up for lacking high level CC abilities; you'd have to be incredibly naive to think that

Because its not true? Everyone gets their CC break early and its a matter of skill to know what CC to break and what CC to wait out. People who hit buttons just because they can or because they are hoping to use a powerful ability twice in a fight WILL lose badly. I usually use my worst CC first on people like that, then wait for them to immediately break it and use a better CC to lock them down again. It's worth noting that the more CC you get hit with and suffer through the faster it wears off unless they manage to break that system again, because it did have issues during beta one some builds.

I usually pvp'd with characters in their 20's so fighting people level 50 was normal for me. Sure a lot of them had epic gear and ran me right over but those people earned that right, and they will kill you 10x faster in the open world without bolster. However I never once felt my character was not competitive in those fights because I was still able to kill them if I was able to make them fight on my terms.

Just going to point out that 2-3 builds back there was a bug that caused bolster to not work correctly, leaving some people with really low health and damage in warzones. People were literally getting 1-3 shot. Just like some bugs that Bioware has "fixed", it might have returned.

Got into a huttball match with one player on our team over level 20 (24). The Sith team had 2 players under level 20. I'm level 15, and doing no damage to anyone on their team except the level 12 and 15 on their team. If two enemies attack me at once, i'm pretty much 3 shot. How is this balanced? One of the Sith was level 27. How is a 12 level advantage even remotely fair? Am I missing something?

Been playing all last night and had no problem damaing level 20+ players with my level 10 BH....

Either your graphics are wonky and not showing his helth lowering when you attack or since your never replied again in this thread your just trolling....

Edited by Monoth

Been playing all last night and had no problem damaing level 20+ players with my level 10 BH....

Either your graphics are wonky and not showing his helth lowering when you attack or since your never replied again in this thread your just trolling....

I love your sig! And yeah, I think everyone is posting in a troll thread. Otherwise the OP is really that bad.

http://www.picsthatdontsuck.com/img/start-believing-in-troll-threads.jpg

you guys really think this system is balanced..?

even though your base stats are about the same higher lvls still have more skills

talent points and better gear

kinda silly to not think this is op

The pvp system will be horrible if it stays like this :D

Got into a huttball match with one player on our team over level 20 (24). The Sith team had 2 players under level 20. I'm level 15, and doing no damage to anyone on their team except the level 12 and 15 on their team. If two enemies attack me at once, i'm pretty much 3 shot. How is this balanced? One of the Sith was level 27. How is a 12 level advantage even remotely fair? Am I missing something?

Dude Waaaaa, Waaaaaaaa

you guys really think this system is balanced..?

even though your base stats are about the same higher lvls still have more skills

talent points and better gear

kinda silly to not think this is op

The pvp system will be horrible if it stays like this :D

i find your lack of faith disturbing.. :csw_vader:

Higher level players also have better gear and higher ability ranks. Even if your endurance and primary attribute are bolstered you're still at a disadvantage. But you're lower lvl, so it's working as intended that you can't really beat them. On the other hand if BW didn't implement any brackets I predict major fail in a few days, when lvl 50 people will faceroll low level people.

Higher level players also have better gear and higher ability ranks. Even if your endurance and primary attribute are bolstered you're still at a disadvantage. But you're lower lvl, so it's working as intended that you can't really beat them. On the other hand if BW didn't implement any brackets I predict major fail in a few days, when lvl 50 people will faceroll low level people.

The bracket system has the same disadvantages for the lower level players as the bolstering system does. BioWare could have made PvP like Guild Wars, everyone gets the same abilities, are the same level, and sometimes even the same gear. This provides the most even playing field for everyone, but BioWare has not gone that route.

Instead we do have the bolster system, and people would complain anyway with brackets. People in the 10-19 would complain that those level 19 players have better gear, have higher ranked abilities, etc.

The last part of your statement is something that I doubt we will see happen. The biggest level difference I have seen was having a few level 10s and a mid level 20 in my warzone. This was only due to playing the same group over and over (As we happened to be the only ones on at 4 in the morning).

I doubt we will see a level say 30 get paired with 50s for warzones. Given that you only need a small group of players on each side, the matching system does a good enough job to not have that happen.

No matter what system they use ppl will always cry. They found balance in ways great thats what i want in a game balance so if you are going to sit here in a forum and qq. Then dont play becuase you are going to make the devs say well there are a lot of ppl qq maybe we should change it and we might get somethin worst then what we have.

I personaly love the idea of higher levels and low levels in on a game tbh. Here is two reasons why. 1 cuz if you are a jerk other ppl are going to know and not want to even deal with you at all. Lastly your rep carries with you we dont have servers in on the game to act stupid or be rude or straight obnoxious (< i dont think thats spelled right o well)

Edited by morganlion

• 2 weeks later...
This is quite hard to believe with the bolster system to be quite honest, either you're really bad or you're just lying in order to complain, back in Beta, I was doing similar damage to enemies and I also had similar HP to allies and enemies that were higher levels...

Of course, they could've removed the bolster system, which would be pretty stupid seeing as it was good >_> Can anyone tell me if they have or haven't? Thank you ^_^

I've had Operatives essentially 3-4 shot my Juggernaut with heavy armor and defense stance up, so it's not hard to believe at all.