Renown 999 and CPs

Potima_Wolf

Once you hit renown 999 you can no longer get the renown rank up or Renown: Rank up Pinnacle Conquest objectives on that toon.

Thats quite a hefty amount of CPs to lose access to.

Is this WAD or....?

Cheers,

Edited by Potima_Wolf

Once you've maxed out all your reputations, you can't get conquest points from advancing reputation either. Once you're at max strongholds fully expanded, you can't get conquest points from expanding strongholds. There are so many sources of conquest points now, I don't see a problem if not every character can access every one. There are more than enough other sources. Edited by Estelindis

Indeed you're right. However with renown you still get the caches afterwards so you are still technically lvling unlike Rep gain/Sh expansions. Where there's a definative end.

Additionally the Renown Pinnacle is the single largest single source of CP with 33750.

Im not against the new system or anything was just wondering if this is working as designed or is an oversight.

Since you can, in theory, still earn those renown levels, and the pinnacle, with another toon in your legacy that isn't 999, I'm going with working as intended. As pointed out by others, I'll never have access to the stronghold expansion objectives unless they add a new SH. On several of my 75s, I'm already capped on crew skills, so no way to rank that up. I'm locked out for the "gaining a legacy level" forever on my current server, unless they increase the cap. Should I go on?

Indeed you're right. However with renown you still get the caches afterwards so you are still technically lvling unlike Rep gain/Sh expansions. Where there's a definative end.

Additionally the Renown Pinnacle is the single largest single source of CP with 33750.

Im not against the new system or anything was just wondering if this is working as designed or is an oversight.

If you farmed pigs for months to get 999 on all your characters, that's on you. If like most players, you have more than one character and most if not all not at 999, complete the objective on them.

Also you still 'gain' rep vis a vis the tokens tied to the mission, they are just consumed on accepting the mission rewards (the SH stuff is still once and done - unless they add some way to deactivate rooms or something).

That said, I do feel like if you gain another rep token or renown level or whatever that is actually repeatable beyond the maximum level, you should get the CQ points.

Also that objectives is irksome and one of the few changes I dislike - change it to something with less points but make it repeatable / daily or even fix whatever it is that supposedly keeps the system from allowing 'per character' objectives.

That goes for all the big points objectives like Eyeless this week and WB most weeks - drop the point count for the objective, but let it be repeatable / per character.

Edited by DawnAskham