Eric: ETA on Gearing Change Information?

ZionHalcyon

Just dropping this down since it was mentioned by Eric I think that Dantooine will come first, and then the initial article on the changes being done to gearing shortly after.

Dantooine I know hasn't launched yet (it will launch next week) but all the Dantooine content has been released.

Are we looking at an early June timeframe? Late June? Any chance we can get this late May?

Just dropping this down since it was mentioned by Eric I think that Dantooine will come first, and then the initial article on the changes being done to gearing shortly after.

Dantooine I know hasn't launched yet (it will launch next week) but all the Dantooine content has been released.

Are we looking at an early June timeframe? Late June? Any chance we can get this late May?

could you post the link to the source where eric talked about upcomming gear changes?

Gear changes = changes to the stat foundation for our characters, i.e., class changes, announced as part of 6.0.

This is probably what he's talking about, but it's gearing changes with the expansion (6.0).

Updating this thread as all the articles involving Game Update 5.10.3 'The Dantooine Incursion' are now out (aside from the "Is Live" article when the update launches). The next article that I am working on is "The Spoils of War". This will be talking in depth about a lot of the changes happening to itemization and gearing with the 'Onslaught' expansion. We will also be hosting a livestream in the coming weeks to discuss this topic. Once the full details of that are ironed out, we'll be sure to make an announcement post.
Edited by xordevoreaux

Good thread. Good Info.

Hopefully, the new gear system isn't anything crazy.

I mean, the tactical slot is something that seems cool and like a good addition.

However when they say "armour" - my heart drops. I hope we don't go past 258.

I've been playing since just before 5.10 and I've worked from then till now gearing my toons.

Just got my main 2 slots away from completion.

It's been a brutal grind, and hopefully it's not made irrelevant by the new update

At the very least I hope Masterwork gear can be rationally worked in as a part currency for any 258+ items you can buy.

I think im just dreading the uncertainty of the workload thats about to hit us, though.

More daillies man, ugh

Edited by sdom

Good thread. Good Info.

Hopefully, the new gear system isn't anything crazy.

I mean, the tactical slot is something that seems cool and like a good addition.

However when they say "armour" - my heart drops. I hope we don't go past 258.

I've been playing since just before 5.10 and I've worked from then till now gearing my toons.

Just got my main 2 slots away from completion.

It's been a brutal grind, and hopefully it's not made irrelevant by the new update

At the very least I hope Masterwork gear can be rationally worked in as a part currency for any 258+ items you can buy.

I think im just dreading the uncertainty of the workload thats about to hit us, though.

More daillies man, ugh

Gear is always made irrelevant or far less relevant following an expansion but your 252-258 stuff will still have an edge over most greens and blues dropped at the beginning for a few months. If things get boring, don't push yourself and hope their metrics tell them to change up their usual plans of waiting until the population is in a spiral to respond.

Gear changes = changes to the stat foundation for our characters, i.e., class changes, announced as part of 6.0.

This is probably what he's talking about, but it's gearing changes with the expansion (6.0).

thats why i asked. if hes talkin about the changes for the upcomming expansion, why ask for an ETA then? as 6.0 is scheduled for september, why ask for july?

so i thought i missed something and eric announced that the current gearing system will be changed or atleast made easier with dantooine or shortly after.

all i could find was eric talking about increased drop chances from Comand Crates, but that wont have much impact imho.

thats why i hope he provides his source...

edit: allright, i should learn to read apparently :rolleyes:

he was talking about INFORMATION for the upcomming gear changes, not the actual changes.

thanks for the quote xordevoreau.

Edited by mrphstar