Gear ratings in RoTHC

Just seen this on reddit from the datamined info:

Your thoughts?

I thought they mentioned gear ratings would be changed or something. In any case, BH is 146, DG is 150, so it the requirements were 156/162, our current gear would be completely obsolete.

That has to be wrong.... otherwise can't wait for the forum to blow up with I can't do SM RoTHC until I do NIM EC or HM TfB just to get gear to do NIM TfB to do SM SM RoTHC. Unfair...

But you're 5 levels above at the end of RotHC, I understand the difficulty is there, but maybe at 55 we get some sort of new gear or current gear becomes easy to get??

Edited by jasonthelamb

That has to be wrong.... otherwise can't wait for the forum to blow up with I can't do SM RoTHC until I do NIM EC or HM TfB just to get gear to do NIM TfB to do SM SM RoTHC. Unfair...

You're getting ahead of yourself by assuming that, in the intervening 5 levels between where we are now and where we will be when doing Scum and Villainy, there won't be any additional gear. If the intended gear for the 55 Ops on SM is a tier above what we're currently capable of getting, you can be pretty well assured that the FPs at 55 are going to be dropping 156 tier gear and that we're going to get 140-150 gear dropping while leveling.

Edited by Kitru

But you're 5 levels above at the end of RotHC, I understand the difficulty is there, but maybe at 55 we get some sort of new gear or current gear becomes easy to get??

I am not moaning...I hope they make harder content and then don't nerf it. :p

I didn't say you were :p

But they could make BH comms get Dread Gear, they could make dailies / weeklies for more BH comms or something new, who knows what BioWare could do to unbalance the game.... I do know that i may need to shelf my Jugg if what I'm hearing is true.

I'm assuming it's going to be the opposite, also mentioned is the new HM versions of cademindu/athiss etc will require 148 rated gear so I'm assuming that is going to be dropping like candy on RoTHC planet or getting it will be as easy as getting tionese was before they gave away free comms. Fact is that in itself you will be guaranteed to get gear higher rated than BH in a day most probably. Considering it's an expansion I'm assuming there wont be huge grind from 50 to doing your first expansion flashpoints and I very much doubt that the current HM/NiM content will be required for gear before you can do the expansion content.

In short I think gearing for any current content now will probably be worthless as most gear will completely dwarf the current BiS which also wont be needed as the better gear will be far easier to acquire.

Edited by FlyinSpaghetti

I'm assuming it's going to be the opposite, also mentioned is the new HM versions of cademindu/athiss etc will require 148 rated gear so I'm assuming that is going to be dropping like candy on RoTHC planet or getting it will be as easy as getting tionese was before they gave away free comms. Fact is that in itself you will be guaranteed to get gear higher rated than BH in a day most probably. Considering it's an expansion I'm assuming there wont be huge grind from 50 to doing your first expansion flashpoints and I very much doubt that the current HM/NiM content will be required for gear before you can do the expansion content.

In short I think gearing for any current content now will probably be worthless as most gear will completely dwarf the current BiS which also wont be needed as the better gear will be far easier to acquire.

If this happens, dread guard gear will become largely irrelevant (and BH completely irrelevant). Then there will be no point in doing any of the older operations. Seeing as we have only 1 new op, end game raiding will become dead (only 1 raid worth doing).

I think BW will be shooting themselves in the foot if this is true... this indeed will leave only 1 raid for everyone to do, and many of us will be willing to bet it will be riddled with bugs and unbalanced fights around.

Do you all remember how many tiers WoW generally has before moving to a new expansion, about 3. We have had 5 tiers inbetween now and I think this creates a rather big gap between a new 50 and a dread guard 50 and also clutters the entire system with obsolete tiers. For the average PvE raider entire 3 tiers of pve sets (Tionese - Columi - Rakata) became completely irrelevant very quickly into the game.

I would prefer less tiers - harder to acquire those said tier items. And I would want each and every one of those pieces truly count for something. Call me old fashioned if you will.

Tbh I did not believe but hoped the final quest items when dinging 55 would only be Columi set or level items, while long quest chains would give Rakata and SM Ops gave assortment of Campaign to Dread Guard level gear to the point where Dread Guard still counts as a viable gear set for entry HM Ops. But that's just me wishing less clutter of tier sets in this game.

Look it wouldn't make much sense if current gear is obsolete just because of 1 expansion.

That woudl be huge disturbance in the whole progress so either we could upgrade the gear during leveling 50 -55 or..the data are incorrect.

All that "datamining" sometimes sounds/looks like few guys had too many Heinekens... and just invented something

Look it wouldn't make much sense if current gear is obsolete just because of 1 expansion.

That woudl be huge disturbance in the whole progress so either we could upgrade the gear during leveling 50 -55 or..the data are incorrect.

All that "datamining" sometimes sounds/looks like few guys had too many Heinekens... and just invented something

Well so far BW has copied WoW in many ways (not all, but many).

And WoW does let previous raids become obsolete...

I am unable to find it at the moment, but BioWare did mention that they were trying to avoid the WOW model of an expansion making all the old BIS gear worthless. It is something that people have always hated and hopefully they avoid it. BW has shown restraint so far with each new tier of gear being a small incremental improvement over the previous so i have hope that they will continue in this vein,

As has been said in many threads, this is data-mined information and needs to be taken with a heaping dose of salt.