how bioware patches TOR

Super-Nova

throws up end game changes and asks why nobody tested it out b4 it went live....

" Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment. "

*********** morons

throws up end game changes and asks why nobody tested it out b4 it went live....

" Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment. "

*********** morons

and the fact that we can't use our toons on the PRT... Who the **** is gonna Level to 50 on the PTR and THEN get end game gear.

*********** morons

So wait, they expect you to level to 50 and gear on their test server and that's an actual quote from a Bioware employee?

and the fact that we can't use our toons on the PRT... Who the **** is gonna Level to 50 on the PTR and THEN get end game gear.

When I get a paycheck from Bioware I'll be happy to test all the content they want for bugs and accuracy.

Pro tip BW: Invest in quality assurance.

So wait, they expect you to level to 50 and gear on their test server and that's an actual quote from a Bioware employee?

Check these amazing quotes out:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2650482#edit2650482

Changes are definitely going to be made to the UI in response to initial feedback we received after the patch was deployed. (Very little feedback was received on the PTS Forum before the patch was deployed to the live servers, otherwise changes may have been made before the patch's deployment.)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2702348#edit2702348

As this code change has come in 'hot' it was unfortunately too late for us to add it to the build being readied for next week's planned patch (1.1.3, which is now available on the Public Test Server - here are the notes). We also want to ensure it's got some solid QA testing on it, as it's a change that will be seen by everyone playing the game.

First they blame the players for not playing the PTR and discovering the travesty of their terrible UI change before they shoved it out, and NOW they can't fix things because it needs to go through "solid QA testing"!

I hear circus music every time I read a dev post.

Bioware patches come in two stages these days. The one we can play test on their test server, and then the hot fix one that we can't.

You can't actually test anything that's end-game on the test server. You've got a week or less to level from 1 to 50, and then hope enough people did the same thing so you can test the content.

You can't actually test anything that's end-game on the test server. You've got a week or less to level from 1 to 50, and then hope enough people did the same thing so you can test the content.

I have yet to even dabble with the test server simply because I don't want another long *** download for it. Do they wipe characters every time they deploy a new patch?