Ops to the ground!

TiTaNsFaN

So the latest surge nerfs will pretty much put the nail on the coffin for concealment operatives in PvP. Not that our damage was any good right now even in max gear against hybrid sorcs and mercs (lol do I even need to bother mentioning tanks?) but the initial burst was at least good enough to have some people pop their cooldowns.

So now we are a class completely reliant on burst damage out of stealth (which is also gimped) without any other degree of utility lacking in... burst damage.

Apparently this is balancing. Oh well. On to Guild Wars 2 and a more experienced dev team.

The real issue is that we only have that little bit of burst at the front, get caught unstealthed or w/o opener and you're toast to most other classes/players.

The kicker is the energy mechanic.

My opinion: if Scoundrel/Op damage gets toned down, adjust the energy mechanic so we aren't hitting like teenage girls for a minute while we wait for the bar to get back over 50%.

ops can burst my pt just fine. if i dont have my trinket up ill be lucky to survive the stuns with 20% hp.

ops still have the most damage in the game bar none.

Did a Powertech just say Operatives do the most damage? o_O

I ruin Operatives so hard. And I wear 4-piece PvE gear. So my damage reduction isn't optimal. Although the bonus HP and damage easily makes up for the damage reduction. I trinket debilitate if I need to. Other than that... lololol.

Operatives got nerfed so hard. Good thing I decided to reroll Powertech. I don't regret that decision at all. And for the record, I rerolled from Operatives to Powertech before the nerf was announced. I'm just not a rogue. :(

Edited by Sevvy

The real issue is that we only have that little bit of burst at the front, get caught unstealthed or w/o opener and you're toast to most other classes/players.

The kicker is the energy mechanic.

My opinion: if Scoundrel/Op damage gets toned down, adjust the energy mechanic so we aren't hitting like teenage girls for a minute while we wait for the bar to get back over 50%.

The real issue is that the devs hastily crafted a class based on what they perceived as the "rogue" archetype to be, high damage out of stealth and nothing more. They then slapped on healing and boom, Operatives were born.

They didn't put one inkling of creative effort into the class, one in which there is ZERO utility beyond what other classes can do MUCH BETTER and even from RANGE. We are ENTIRELY RELIANT ON A STEALTH MECHANIC THAT RARELY WORKS, forced into combat for long stretched even when completely alone and visible by most players before getting into melee range. Without stealth, the class has the worst damage output in the game and brings NOTHING to a teamfight other than an 8 second mez that other classes also have.

At release, with no one geared up, the devs quickly caved into pressure by the new 50's that operatives had too much burst, not factoring in whatsoever the possibility that gear was a factor and that the lack of utility counterbalanced high burst. Rather than seek out a creative solution to the problem, they AGAIN took the lazy route and plastered a reactionary 20% dmg nerf across the board.

QQers still complain they get "permastunned" to death, when in reality any moron should trinket on the real stun and knockback/cc us away like a harmless kitten... we have NOTHING ELSE after stealth.

tl;dr Already unsubbed, just expressing disappointment. Guild Wars 2 will be my next stop, hope to see some of you there with me in a few months.

hitting a class that doesn't hit back (healers) should not be an auto win. I bet you actually manage to kill some too.

1v1 dps v healer should be a stalemate by design.

No, that's wrong. No PvP game is designed like that.

If a healer can stand and heal through a single target DPS class, then something is not working as intended.

I'm all for a good healer being able to get away or survive long enough for help to come. That's why we have the 'guard' ability in the game. That's why we play in teams.

If a DPS person could never kill a healer (with equal skill/gear) then the game is broken.

people need to really take a friggen step back and look at the big picture.

Sure immediately your dps might take a hit.

But you can still boost it by changing out your mods.

Being madness spec assassin crit and surge is VERY important to my class, but I can now take out some mods and stack some extra power/willpower to my setup to get it back up.

Now yes, I don't play an operative. But is there any reason you can't change out your mods to increase your base damage instead of just focusing on 5% of your crit damage going down?

I mean its only 10% reduction in surge rating, so you can stack more surge or get your base up. 10% of crit bonus damage is less than 5% of the total damage of that crit, and if you are at 35% crit, that's a 1.75% reduction in overall DPS.

My math might be a bit fuzzy and generalized, but its really not worth crying over. You have options. Learn your class, learn what boosts your base damage/healing, and enhance it.

You have a week+ to get prepared for it. Plenty of time.

hitting a class that doesn't hit back (healers) should not be an auto win. I bet you actually manage to kill some too.

1v1 dps v healer should be a stalemate by design.

There is something called putting pressure on healers, not necessarily to kill them outright, but to reduce/stop their healing of others and hopefully force them to heal themselves instead.

Conc Operatives do not have that pressure anymore past the initial burst, and with the coming patch, it's RIP for the tree. Well-played Sorcs/Mercs can ignore Operatives now following their initial burst, and continue to heal their team mates, while those destroy the Operative in a few seconds.

Also, you make a very wrong assumption that healers do not hit back. They can outlast an Operative and kill him, especially since after 10s the Operative energy will be depleted.

ops can burst my pt just fine. if i dont have my trinket up ill be lucky to survive the stuns with 20% hp.

ops still have the most damage in the game bar none.

LOL :D Coming from a PT, the most overpowered class in the game right now .. just LOL :rolleyes:

Failware has no idea how to even approach class balance. There is absolutely no reason to play a Concealment Operative now -at all-

I am glad I unsubbed. I will check back again in a few months or something.

Edited by Treplos

No, that's wrong. No PvP game is designed like that.

If a healer can stand and heal through a single target DPS class, then something is not working as intended.

I'm all for a good healer being able to get away or survive long enough for help to come. That's why we have the 'guard' ability in the game. That's why we play in teams.

If a DPS person could never kill a healer (with equal skill/gear) then the game is broken.

wow was that way. at some points you could kill a healer solo, but it would take 10+ minutes. at some points it was impossible to kill a healer solo (except for maybe 1-2 specs).

not saying its a great design, but then again interupts in wow screws over healers big time whereas in swtor it is barely a nuisance.

even with a 6 sec CD interupt and interupting a heal every time the cd comes up, a healer can easily outheal a single dps (hell he can probably heal two people)

LOL :D Coming from a PT, the most overpowered class in the game right now .. just LOL :rolleyes:

LOL coming from the class that can still burst people down in seconds (although not in 4 seconds anymore, improvement!) and still has the greatest damage potential of any class.

just lol :rolleyes:

LOL coming from the class that can still burst people down in seconds (although not in 4 seconds anymore, improvement!) and still has the greatest damage potential of any class.

just lol :rolleyes:

Your wrong. Your gear and/or your skill sucks.

I am not going to waste more time to elaborate on that.

Edited by Treplos