Set Bonuses and Tacticals worth playing

dipstik

Here is my list for my sin tank and lethality op... Overwhelming offense was a 9% damage increase on the pts, but it was called greased lightning.

i think im going to go with tactician set with overwhelming offense for op. if energy is an issue, maybe synox shots

for tanking... i need to know if dark ward gives more absorb stacks... but the amount of absorb may be time limited since the boss might not land enough hits to warrant 5 more stacks.

Avenger

(2) +2% Power

(4) Increases your damage dealt by 3% while you Guard an ally.

Source: Increased drop chance from PvP Equipment Crates.

Preserver

(2) +2% Shield Rating

(4) Passively regenerate 1% of maximum health every 10 seconds.

Source: Increased drop chance from Corellia Flashpoint bosses. Not available on the Tech Fragment vendor.

Stimulated

(2) +2% Alacrity Rating

(4) Increases Mastery by 5% while under the effects of a stimpack.

Source: Increased drop chance from defeating Flashpoint bosses.

Rolling Boil

Increases Mastery by 5% for 5 seconds when a Relic triggers.

Source: Increased drop chance from Daily Mission reward crates (and their respective Weekly Mission).

Overwhelming Offense

Dealing damage increases all damage done for 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Source: Increased drop chance from Daily Mission reward crates (and their respective Weekly Mission).

_____

Saber Master

(2) +2% Endurance

(4) Reduces the cooldown Overcharge Saber by 20 seconds.

(6) Killing an enemy during Overcharge Saber refreshes the duration of Overcharge Saber. Can occur up to 5 times during one Overcharge Saber.

Two Cloaks

Force Cloak has 2 charges.

Source: Increased drop chance from PvP Equipment Crates.

Ward of the Continuum

Dark Ward gains 5 additional stacks and Phantom Stride resets its cooldown.

Two Time Trouble

Creeping Terror has a 100% chance to tick an additional time when you deal damage with Assassinate and a 50% chance to tick an additional time when you deal damage with a melee attack.

_______

Tactician

(2) +2% Mastery

(4) Tactical Overdrive additionally resets the cooldown of Backstab, Sever Tendon, and Toxic Scan. Gaining a Tactical Advantage increases your Critical Chance by 15% for 10 seconds. Can only happen once every 10 seconds.

(6) Tactical Advantage gets an additional stack. Having a Tactical Advantage increases your damage and healing by 5%.

Source: Increased drop chance from Conquest Equipment Crates.

Synox Shots

Toxic Blast does 100% more damage. Whenever a Toxic Blast critically hits, it restores 2 energy.

Diagnostics Probe

Activating Surgical Probe reduces the cast time of your next Kolto Injection by .25 seconds. At 3 stacks, Kolto Injection can be cast instantly and consumes all stacks.

Edited by dipstik

The fact that this thread even exists shows that the fundamental core premise of the "Spoils of War" aspect of Onslaught is fundamentally wrong. All that work on building all those different sets, and ultimately anyone who doesn't use ===> that one <=== will be an automatic vote-kick candidate in all tiers of group content.

In the toppest tiers, it will be because there's an actual enumeratable advantage, even if the advantage is only small, while in the lower tiers, frequented highly by cargo cultists(1) of the type noted at high frequency throughout the annals of "Weird People You Meet In Group Finder", those cargo cultists will vote kick for a new something-that-matters-not-at-all.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult and related articles.

Wanting to theory craft to figure out what the "best" set bonus is for most op-boss fights for a given spec is not a bad thing.

The horizontal gear grind is long. Right now I have 4 one piece of different sets. If I was allowed to turn in a token for gear I would already have my 4-piece of my chosen set...

• 2 weeks later...
Overwhelming offense was a 9% damage increase on the pts, but it was called greased lightning.

FYI Overwhelming Offense is 5%. DoTs can proc it, so as long as you keep them up you should be able to keep the 5% dmg buff up.

Is it 5% total dmg increased or 5% per stack?

It is not 5% at all. It varies per ability, per spec and last i tested it didn't apply to DoT's. Have not tested since the newest patch. Anyways to answer your question it's 1% per stack if it is actually % based.

edit: Ok i have tested it now and it appear to be working on DoT's too now. Means this tactical is now much better.

I have also been testing the damage increase and it's always a bit shy of 5%.

The fact that this thread even exists shows that the fundamental core premise of the "Spoils of War" aspect of Onslaught is fundamentally wrong. All that work on building all those different sets, and ultimately anyone who doesn't use ===> that one <=== will be an automatic vote-kick candidate in all tiers of group content.

In the toppest tiers, it will be because there's an actual enumeratable advantage, even if the advantage is only small, while in the lower tiers, frequented highly by cargo cultists(1) of the type noted at high frequency throughout the annals of "Weird People You Meet In Group Finder", those cargo cultists will vote kick for a new something-that-matters-not-at-all.

(1) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult and related articles.

That is an outright lie.

Story mode and HM FP's are all very much clearable with just 306 gear (even less). In harder difficulties it will matter though cause of course you want to make the damage timers and you know you are expected to be decently geared.

Besides, you can have multiple set bonuses. So stop the ridiculous embarassement.

Edited by Nemmar

I might get a lot of hate for this, but I find Catalyzed Toxins Tactical to be fun. Basically, I apply my dots, use Toxic Blast, then immediately reapply my dots. The rotation has to ensure reapplication of DoTs right before Toxic Blast comes off CD. Your primary goal is to never "dry" cull, haha... which is very easy to do if you forget to reapply your dots.

Maybe Catalyzed Toxins tactical is trash, but give it a try. It really is fun, imo.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

That is an outright lie.

Story mode and HM FP's are all very much clearable with just 306 gear (even less). In harder difficulties it will matter though cause of course you want to make the damage timers and you know you are expected to be decently geared.

Besides, you can have multiple set bonuses. So stop the ridiculous embarassement.

Did you not notice the point about "cargo cultists"? By that I mean the people in lower-tier content, frequent denizens of the "Weird people you meet in Group Finder" thread, who *insist* at votekick-point, that you *must* have ===> this exact set bonus to complete Vet mode Hammer station with them because it's clearly required for *all* group content because the toppest prog raiders use it for Master Mode Gods.

The requirement isn't *real*, not one tiny bit, but these folks believe that it is, possibly because they generally suck, but more likely because they don't understand the distinction between top-tier prog raiders and themselves. (Of course, that's a form of suckage...)

I *am*, perhaps, overstating their insistence, but not by much.