Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Game Has Improved SIGNIFIGANTLY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Game Has Improved SIGNIFIGANTLY

ProbablyNotGabe's Avatar


ProbablyNotGabe
08.14.2019 , 05:58 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
This is very sad. It will completely ruin the game for me. With Galactic Command i could play the game the way i wanted, including such modes as GSF that doesn't drop anything at all, and still recieve adequate gear.
Without Galactic Command in it's current state and form the game will become endless boring-to-death grindfest. It will pretty much kill the game for many current subscribers.
Isn't the entire point of Spoils of War to make all kinds of gameplay viable? It's not about removing GC, it's about making more ways to earn good gear.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
08.14.2019 , 06:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
This is very sad. It will completely ruin the game for me. With Galactic Command i could play the game the way i wanted, including such modes as GSF that doesn't drop anything at all, and still recieve adequate gear.
Without Galactic Command in it's current state and form the game will become endless boring-to-death grindfest. It will pretty much kill the game for many current subscribers.
Quote: Originally Posted by ProbablyNotGabe View Post
Isn't the entire point of Spoils of War to make all kinds of gameplay viable? It's not about removing GC, it's about making more ways to earn good gear.
Exactly. Gear is going to drop everywhere and it's all going to be bound to legacy. They're turning this into a Monty Hall campaign.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

FourPawnBenoni's Avatar


FourPawnBenoni
08.14.2019 , 06:07 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I feel that "some elaboration is required", as they say. How will removing GC/RC allow us to thrive? What, indeed, does "allow us to thrive" even mean?
If you have to ask, I'm not sure you qualify as a player

Rolodome's Avatar


Rolodome
08.14.2019 , 06:14 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
Which does not change what JediQuaker said. GC still has nothing to do with the removal of the passes that were part of the game. GC and the removal just happen around/at the same time. They could easily bring the passes back, which would not mean GC or GR as it will become would need to be removed. I don't see the harm in bringing them back and not sure why BW removed them. If it was just to encourage more to sub then that did not happen, but really getting the first 50 (soon 60) levels free is more than fair. Passes or no passes.
Are you serious man? Of course the one had to do with the other. You think they make those kind of decisions in a vacuum?

The GC system was designed to force you to sub and make it an obnoxious inconvenience not to if you play end-game in any capacity (what little access you have to it). For example, by not allowing you to stack CXP consumables or boosters. I distinctly recall you can end up with an inventory full of CXP consumables you can't use because you aren't currently subbed.

GC has everything to do with the removal of passes. Think about it: They designed the system in such a way that if you could still use passes and NOT have access to GC, you'd be wasting your time with no way to progress and a clogged inventory. So no one would use them anyway. And if they kept passes and DID give you access to GC as preferred, then they wouldn't be able to pressure you to sub as easily and you could get pretty easily get the best end-game gear in the game as a preferred player without even using passes (just doing things like running heroics and dailies).

At best, they effectively forced their own hand in designing it the way they did and boxed themselves into a godawful system. Though far more likely is that they knew exactly what they were doing from the start and just underestimated how much backlash there would be.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

DzastinBiberi's Avatar


DzastinBiberi
08.14.2019 , 06:36 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
Without Galactic Command in it's current state and form the game will become endless boring-to-death grindfest. It will pretty much kill the game for many current subscribers.
You wanna know what a boring-to-death-grindfest was in 5.0??

Wait for it...

WAIT FOR IT....


It was Galactic Command, Ben The MMO Killa' 5.0 edition.

Where you did a 6 hours Master Uprising run with Cartel Market CXP Boost, just to get, wanna know how many CXP boxes/crates?

Wait......


......for it.....


NINE.

Nine freaking CXP crates for 6 hours of non stop CXP buffed runs.We did so many times the same Uprising in those 6 hours of non stop grind that ppl were starting to flip, go crazy.

But hey, we've got Charles, Muco's and Co. Ossus grind fest, just to remind us what a Korean MMO grind fest was.

Back in before 5.0 it was waaaayyy better. You wanna get PVE gear for HM OPS etc? Do some SM's, get crystals from that OPS to get gear and boom in a short while you were able to get your "starter pack" gear and work towards better one's.

Wanna PVP? Do some pvp, earn components from PVP, buy PVP gear at PVP vendor, easy.

Then RNG Ben happened with his "Exciting" GC that made like 50% of population just say "FU Ben" and left the game without any point of returning.

So no, removing GC will not as you say "kill the game for many subscribers", even if they remove it and they won't, us older players remember the better gear system this game had and still remember what a poopfest GC was when it came out.

odericko's Avatar


odericko
08.14.2019 , 07:34 PM | #16
Just returned from a three year break.

Having a blast and brought a friend in with me, they're a new player and enjoying it as well.

Darev's Avatar


Darev
08.14.2019 , 08:56 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
I'd love to see GC/RC removed from this game, the all emcompassing rot that it is needs to excised so we are free to thrive once more.

As far as improvements are concerned? Jury is still out on that end. EA employees make sporadic appearances and promise better communication but then follow up with a period of silence, so take that for whatever it is worth. However FE and ET haven't exactly been the shining beacon for SWTOR, ET might have recovered the ball a little late in the day but FE wasn't what anyone wanted.

If this onslaught is anything like what we had through the vanilla storyline? then it would be a signifcant improvement indeed, however coming back to communication? it sort of cancels itself out, so at this point i don't really see where the improvement is right at this point in time.
I'm one of those odd ducks that does not equate more "stuff" for f2p as a stronger game. In my opinion, the more reasons to subscribe, the better.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

ceryxp's Avatar


ceryxp
08.14.2019 , 09:47 PM | #18
Had cause to pull up the Reddit AMA post and found this tidbit that will be of interest to those who hate GC and are concerned with how it impacted F2P players.

Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Question - "What restrictions are there going to be on acquiring gear for f2p / prefered players?"

Answer -
Spoiler
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

JattaGin's Avatar


JattaGin
08.15.2019 , 12:18 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WaveRun View Post
I would just like to say that since the trainwreck Anthem was, SWTOR has beeen getting lots o love and the current direction is very promising, especially with new direction. TORtanic? NOPE! The best things are made out of a struggle and SWTOR has certainly been a struggle. I love the Dantooine and Ossus stories, and the fallen jedi was awesome.
Ossus happened before Anthem, so I don't really see the connection with Anthem. Dantooine is nice, but if you say it "significantly" improved the game, could you elaborate on how it did so?

Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
I'd love to see GC/RC removed from this game, the all emcompassing rot that it is needs to excised so we are free to thrive once more.
Free to thrive once more? I assume the last 4 years were hell for you in this game. Being forced to play... the game? Or what did you do during the last 4 years? You're still here, so I guess your threshold of constriction hasn't been met yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
However FE and ET haven't exactly been the shining beacon for SWTOR, ET might have recovered the ball a little late in the day but FE wasn't what anyone wanted.
Please only speak for yourself. I was very happy with FE and I would have loved it to get 3 expansions full of monthly story chapters. That was much more the game I would have wanted than anything that happened since 5.0. GotM and the Traitor arc dragged out for what, 1.5 years? That was not enjoyable. And ET was already lacking, because it was so obviously cut and rushed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
If this onslaught is anything like what we had through the vanilla storyline? then it would be a signifcant improvement indeed, however coming back to communication? it sort of cancels itself out, so at this point i don't really see where the improvement is right at this point in time.
With that I agree.

Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
As predicted by many. What's funny is the staunch defenders that attacked me over that prediction haven't been seen since.
I was thinking the same thing. This board has become very quiet and, well, boring. Where did everyone go? Anthem?

Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
Agreed. They wore out their welcome in my book. I have very low expectations for 6.0, if my sub even lasts that long. I guess I just ran out of ***** to give.
I can relate. I'll keep on subbing at this point. But my expectations are very low, especially regarding new content.

Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I feel that "some elaboration is required", as they say. How will removing GC/RC allow us to thrive? What, indeed, does "allow us to thrive" even mean?
and:

Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
Seems some people have short memories and can't think for themselves back to pre-5.0 on what it was to be a f2p'er who could buy passes to join in and give everyone a chance to try all that content. I think i've given you enough of a hint, figure the rest for yourself.
I don't remember "what it was to be a f2p'er". But not because of "short memories" or because I "can't think for [my]self". I NEVER was a F2P. This has always been a subscription-based game. Do I understand correctly that "allow us to thrive" means that you want F2P players to have more options in this game? Like buying passes again? Is that your argument against GC?

Quote: Originally Posted by KoriVash View Post
I for one have no issue with GC at all and think it's far better than what was there before.
I second that. I liked GC - as a concept - from the beginning. Just like the monthly chapters, it catered best to my personal playing style. However, the system wasn't properly fleshed out at the beginning. That criticism was valid and I myself spoke out my criticism back then. But they updated it and it has been a good system for a while.

What is wrong with keeping GC/RC in the game for the people who like it? From 6.0 onward it will be ONE way of progressing in this game. There are other ways. "Play as you want." Let me play RC and others can play OPs progression or whatever they like. Sounds fair to me. However, if RC will get nerfed to the ground, then I and others who have posted in this thread will be unhappy about it. I wait for Onslaught to start to see how it plays out before crying though.

Quote: Originally Posted by FourPawnBenoni View Post
If you have to ask, I'm not sure you qualify as a player
Toxic! But please, elaborate.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
GC has everything to do with the removal of passes.
OK, so Celise's point was actually about F2P restrictions. I get it now, thanks.

Quote: Originally Posted by DzastinBiberi View Post
So no, removing GC will not as you say "kill the game for many subscribers", even if they remove it and they won't, us older players remember the better gear system this game had and still remember what a poopfest GC was when it came out.
I, an older player, remember. And I remember that GC wasn't well fleshed out at the start. However, after they tweaked it, it became - to me - the best gearing system so far in this game. Mind you, opposite to some others in this thread, I only speak for myself. I particularly remember how much I disliked the gearing systems of the old days where I had to acquire different PvP and PvE sets separately and got crystals or sacks with tokens or whatever it was back then for doing group content that I didn't enjoy. That's why I barely ever got best gear. With GC, that changed for the better - again: for my playing style.

As this thread shows once again: opinions about it are split. And that's OK. I would just prefer if people stop speaking for others when they make their personal points. And kudos to BW for understanding that the opinion is split and the best idea is to cater to all factions as much as possible. Now fingers crossed that they get it done right.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

Celise's Avatar


Celise
08.15.2019 , 12:45 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Free to thrive once more? I assume the last 4 years were hell for you in this game. Being forced to play... the game? Or what did you do during the last 4 years? You're still here, so I guess your threshold of constriction hasn't been met yet?

Please only speak for yourself. I was very happy with FE and I would have loved it to get 3 expansions full of monthly story chapters. That was much more the game I would have wanted than anything that happened since 5.0. GotM and the Traitor arc dragged out for what, 1.5 years? That was not enjoyable. And ET was already lacking, because it was so obviously cut and rushed.



With that I agree.



I was thinking the same thing. This board has become very quiet and, well, boring. Where did everyone go? Anthem?



I can relate. I'll keep on subbing at this point. But my expectations are very low, especially regarding new content.



and:



I don't remember "what it was to be a f2p'er". But not because of "short memories" or because I "can't think for [my]self". I NEVER was a F2P. This has always been a subscription-based game. Do I understand correctly that "allow us to thrive" means that you want F2P players to have more options in this game? Like buying passes again? Is that your argument against GC?



I second that. I liked GC - as a concept - from the beginning. Just like the monthly chapters, it catered best to my personal playing style. However, the system wasn't properly fleshed out at the beginning. That criticism was valid and I myself spoke out my criticism back then. But they updated it and it has been a good system for a while.

What is wrong with keeping GC/RC in the game for the people who like it? From 6.0 onward it will be ONE way of progressing in this game. There are other ways. "Play as you want." Let me play RC and others can play OPs progression or whatever they like. Sounds fair to me. However, if RC will get nerfed to the ground, then I and others who have posted in this thread will be unhappy about it. I wait for Onslaught to start to see how it plays out before crying though.



Toxic! But please, elaborate.



OK, so Celise's point was actually about F2P restrictions. I get it now, thanks.
Case and point about not using your head neither wanting to use it either. You are simply arguing because you want to. come back when you actually have a point to make, not because you feel you want to jump on a bandwagon.