Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Game Has Improved SIGNIFIGANTLY

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The Game Has Improved SIGNIFIGANTLY

WaveRun
08.14.2019 , 10:05 AM | #1
Hello devs and fellow communal members.

I would just like to say that since the trainwreck Anthem was, SWTOR has beeen getting lots o love and the current direction is very promising, especially with new direction. TORtanic? NOPE! The best things are made out of a struggle and SWTOR has certainly been a struggle. I love the Dantooine and Ossus stories, and the fallen jedi was awesome. Remove crates now so I can play more than 2 toons and its back to being perfect. thx.

Subscriber Since Day 1 PROUD Pre-order AND CE Holder
Coming Back? Already Returned? Use my R-A-F Link For BONUS!!! Items
Bolsteroids <Coronet United News Team> Jedi Knight | Waverunner <Problematic> Inquisitor

Celise
08.14.2019 , 01:18 PM | #2
I'd love to see GC/RC removed from this game, the all emcompassing rot that it is needs to excised so we are free to thrive once more.

As far as improvements are concerned? Jury is still out on that end. EA employees make sporadic appearances and promise better communication but then follow up with a period of silence, so take that for whatever it is worth. However FE and ET haven't exactly been the shining beacon for SWTOR, ET might have recovered the ball a little late in the day but FE wasn't what anyone wanted.

If this onslaught is anything like what we had through the vanilla storyline? then it would be a signifcant improvement indeed, however coming back to communication? it sort of cancels itself out, so at this point i don't really see where the improvement is right at this point in time.

kodrac
08.14.2019 , 01:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Celise View Post
EA employees make sporadic appearances and promise better communication but then follow up with a period of silence, so take that for whatever it is worth.
As predicted by many. What's funny is the staunch defenders that attacked me over that prediction haven't been seen since.

If this onslaught is anything like what we had through the vanilla storyline? then it would be a signifcant improvement indeed, however coming back to communication? it sort of cancels itself out, so at this point i don't really see where the improvement is right at this point in time.
Agreed. They wore out their welcome in my book. I have very low expectations for 6.0, if my sub even lasts that long. I guess I just ran out of ***** to give.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

SteveTheCynic
08.14.2019 , 02:07 PM | #4
I'd love to see GC/RC removed from this game, the all emcompassing rot that it is needs to excised so we are free to thrive once more.
I feel that "some elaboration is required", as they say. How will removing GC/RC allow us to thrive? What, indeed, does "allow us to thrive" even mean?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Celise
08.14.2019 , 02:54 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SteveTheCynic View Post
I feel that "some elaboration is required", as they say. How will removing GC/RC allow us to thrive? What, indeed, does "allow us to thrive" even mean?
Seems some people have short memories and can't think for themselves back to pre-5.0 on what it was to be a f2p'er who could buy passes to join in and give everyone a chance to try all that content. I think i've given you enough of a hint, figure the rest for yourself.

JediQuaker
08.14.2019 , 03:27 PM | #6
Seems some people have short memories and can't think for themselves back to pre-5.0 on what it was to be a f2p'er who could buy passes to join in and give everyone a chance to try all that content.
What does being a f2p'er and/or buying passes for some things have to do with GC/RC? Some of this stuff may have been coincidental with the release of GC/RC, but in what way would removing GC automatically lead to any changes to f2p?
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

ceryxp
08.14.2019 , 03:37 PM | #7
In 6.0 Galactic Renown won't be the primary means to acquire gear. It won't even be a secondary means to acquire gear. GR will be completely and totally ancillary. You can ignore it entirely if you like and still acquire BIS gear because direct drops and purchases with the new currency (Chuck Bucks, Charles Coins, or whatever they're going to be called) will be the primary means to acquire gear. Further, if the values for a GR level stay the same as what they were the last time I was on PTS (haven't been on since the recent update) then grinding out GR levels for gear boxes will be completely inefficient (it was something like 60k per level). At this point, with what we've been told about gearing in 6.0 and with what's on the PTS, the continued rants about Galactic Command sound fairly irrational. Everyone who hated GC, and hated that GC was the way to get gear, got their wish. Galactic Renown will not matter in 6.0.
--------------------------------------------------
Click the link. You know you wanna. You'll get free stuff. - http://www.swtor.com/r/W9ZqZj

kodrac
08.14.2019 , 03:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
What does being a f2p'er and/or buying passes for some things have to do with GC/RC? Some of this stuff may have been coincidental with the release of GC/RC, but in what way would removing GC automatically lead to any changes to f2p?
I know you enjoy being obtuse, but you should know this one. GC is for premium accounts aka subs. Which is also the reason they removed passes - so the only way to progress as a level 70 is to subscribe.
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
I’d find it hard to believe this sort of thing goes on in the preferential treatment forum.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
or Kodrac, for saying everything I want to say, but he takes one for team and gets a warning.

KoriVash
08.14.2019 , 05:17 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post

Quote: Originally Posted by kodrac View Post
I know you enjoy being obtuse, but you should know this one. GC is for premium accounts aka subs. Which is also the reason they removed passes - so the only way to progress as a level 70 is to subscribe.

Which does not change what JediQuaker said. GC still has nothing to do with the removal of the passes that were part of the game. GC and the removal just happen around/at the same time. They could easily bring the passes back, which would not mean GC or GR as it will become would need to be removed. I don't see the harm in bringing them back and not sure why BW removed them. If it was just to encourage more to sub then that did not happen, but really getting the first 50 (soon 60) levels free is more than fair. Passes or no passes.

I for one have no issue with GC at all and think it's far better than what was there before.

As for progressing at level 70 if dropping sub's (preferred as opposed to total f2p) This could do with looking at I agree but can see both sides to this argument.

BTW OP, if you look at the posting by a few who posted here you will see a barrage of negative posts by them on EVERY SINGLE TOPIC, so bare that in mind when reading them. Some comments are more than fair such as the promise of better communication then nothing! most are just negative for negative sake. Yes I too wonder why they still play the game.

Kraysk
08.14.2019 , 05:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ceryxp View Post
In 6.0 Galactic Renown won't be the primary means to acquire gear. It won't even be a secondary means to acquire gear. GR will be completely and totally ancillary. You can ignore it entirely if you like and still acquire BIS gear because direct drops and purchases with the new currency (Chuck Bucks, Charles Coins, or whatever they're going to be called) will be the primary means to acquire gear. Further, if the values for a GR level stay the same as what they were the last time I was on PTS (haven't been on since the recent update) then grinding out GR levels for gear boxes will be completely inefficient (it was something like 60k per level). 0.
This is very sad. It will completely ruin the game for me. With Galactic Command i could play the game the way i wanted, including such modes as GSF that doesn't drop anything at all, and still recieve adequate gear.
Without Galactic Command in it's current state and form the game will become endless boring-to-death grindfest. It will pretty much kill the game for many current subscribers.
There is no passion…there is solely obsession.
There is no knowledge. There is solely conviction.
There is no purpose. There is solely will.
There is nothing… Only me. - Darth Ruin