Wow ranked is toxic

Lundorff

I played a bit last season, but I don't remember it being this bad. So much name calling and blaming everyone for everything that goes wrong. And it's extremely random. Yesterday was neat with lots of wins, and today it has been loss upon loss (from 11:3 to 13:12).

The team compositions are wildly important e.g do you have mercs, maras and sins and good eng-snipers. Do you have good players or relative new people? Gear? Obviously there are also the occasional leaver or wintrader, but that hasn't really been a problem so far.

And some of you guys here on this forum are amongst those blaming others. I know your names! :p You really should just accept that there are some things beyond your control. Play as epic as you can on your toon and be an inspiration for others, rather than a source of frustration :)

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frustration happens, but I am not one to shut up and leave a terrible game without telling people what I thought went wrong. That doesn't always (read: quite often) go in an entirely friendly manner, but there is some hope in there people at least pick up on what is said.

I'm no less human than you or anyone else here though.

And frustrations can get the better of me rather quickly if a loss was quite easily avoidable.

If it's a close game on the other hand and everyone gave it their all..

I will still commend you for a performance well done. But those games are extremely rare.

This was always going to happen when Bioware said they were buffing UC for ranked. The blame for it falls squarely on their shoulders.

Actually I have no problem with new people given ranked a try - sometimes you get them on your side, and sometimes you are against them. Yes they might be inexperienced and with questionable gear, but at least they are not the ones verbally abusing everyone.

To be honest so far I have seen no significant wintrading or component farming. Also no hackers.....yet.

I have done a lot of matches and have seen the inbalance in the classes and also skill of players. It seems that only good players que ranked now but stranegly enough the good players mostly end up in one team and wreck the other, but thats just rng I suppose.

Lastly, what sucks are mainly the stealth classes. I mean to see how an operative is able to troll around 2 players in the end when all are dead and win in acid is just ridiculous. Yes, its player skill but that class has everything, BIG burst dmg, aoe cc, hard stun, self heals, stealth out..... its just too much for one class I would say.

Edited by merovejec

Lastly, what sucks are mainly the stealth classes. I mean to see how an operative is able to troll around 2 players in the end when all are dead and win in acid is just ridiculous. Yes, its player skill but that class has everything, BIG burst dmg, aoe cc, hard stun, self heals, stealth out..... its just too much for one class I would say.

Two people should be able to out-damage any 1 class during acid, and opers are generally not doing particular well in ranked. Even those opers that I expect more of are not really impressing me.

As you told, many thing are out of individual control, because ability matters less than party compositions, in general.

Its hard to feel any motivation for competition, positive or negative.

So i imagine this kind of bickering, and it gives me 0 will to enter it.

Edited by leonlotus

The error is clearly related to Bioware. I also play PVP in other MMOs, everywhere you can report insults and threats at the click of a mouse. Here you can only report spam.

And indeed, in Guild Wars 2, for example, the tone is much less toxic.

If, as in WoW, it only serves as an alibi function but no action is taken, it does not help much.

The PVP gaming community is everywhere the same, mostly masculinistic and sexist, Especially Bioware and EA, who feel committed to the rights of the Queer community would need to take action against it.

Edited by Magira

regs can be just as bad if not worse

Estimated time to rage message in regs is far longer. I'm on a less populated server though. Most of the poopyheads languish in Ops/FPs there though, where even not hammering away on the space is a hate crime and punishable by poorly written insults and possibly a kick.

That and I'm a one and done player. PvP is basically a break activity so I never catch much flak as I'm not completely terrible but I'm not very good either.

The time you play it is a factor, home time for timmy(school end) is a bad time to play as is late at night as that is when the cheeto munching simpletons emerge. They mostly come out at night.....mostly.

If an operative wins vs 2 players in acid he really deserves the win. He must be much better than those he just "trolled". Try it yourself and you will see that you cannot win acid against two players of the same skill level.

If an operative wins vs 2 players in acid he really deserves the win. He must be much better than those he just "trolled". Try it yourself and you will see that you cannot win acid against two players of the same skill level.

There is still the problem that the player made an "exit" to a certain loss, that is anti-competitive, and probably the opposite intention of what the acid means. Its a heavy exploit, and i think using ability as justificative for the continuation of the practice is wrong.

Edited by leonlotus

If you are unwilling to accept this reality maybe you should stop playing ranked....

When you click the que button you accept the fact that matchmaking is out of your control and that you have a chance to meet some really toxic and trash people.

Accept it. It will be easier for you.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

I love when people complain about ranked being toxic for one simple reason: in my experience, ranked is only toxic if you suck a lot. People are only mean to me when I play a terrible round, and I only talk when someone obviously has no idea what they're doing. To put it simply, if you're not good enough to keep people from ******** on you in chat, don't play ranked. That's what regs are for. Duuuuuuuuuuh. Edited by tasteslikecandy