Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A little bit of appreciation for Conquest Bioware!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
A little bit of appreciation for Conquest Bioware!

JattaGin
03.27.2020 , 03:37 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
Maybe its just me, but I guess I have to say Bravo to Bioware, they really hit the jackpot with Conquest in Swtor!!
Well, they have made it so, that Conquest is pretty much the only thing left to do in this game. People are not playing it because it is so much fun. They play it, because they don't really have another choice. You automatically participate in it, as everything counts for it (more or less). Conquest is the endgame in my opinion. And it became so, because it was the easiest way out for BW. I wouldn't give them a bravo for that.

Let's re-evaluate Conquest after the upcoming changes.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

DarthCasus
03.27.2020 , 10:54 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by JattaGin View Post
Well, they have made it so, that Conquest is pretty much the only thing left to do in this game. People are not playing it because it is so much fun. They play it, because they don't really have another choice. You automatically participate in it, as everything counts for it (more or less). Conquest is the endgame in my opinion. And it became so, because it was the easiest way out for BW. I wouldn't give them a bravo for that.

Let's re-evaluate Conquest after the upcoming changes.
This is what I've been saying for years now, we always knew we were on some kind of treadmill but when the illusion of fun is repeatedly disrupted to suit the track BW wants to keep us on, it makes it easier to identify the 'man behind the curtain'. I'm not a fan of them putting Conquests in the spotlight. I don't mind it but it shouldn't take years to give options to turn off the UI parts pertaining to it. Instead of enhancing rewards for participating in group content or altering them, or creating entirely NEW challenges to old content, they give you points and crafting parts for a crafting system them ravaged. Where is ANY sense of originality? I understand the lack of manpower and the spaghetti code making it hard to bring new talent onboard but the consumer shouldn't have to always excuse the developer for THEIR OWN shortcomings.

As it stands, I'm content with Conquest filling the role of directing players into content that may otherwise go unused or die out but they have to get real about the system they have here. It would be completely fine with a few consumer-friendly tweaks while they also make the actual game feel rejuvenated but after what, 4 years? I think its lost on them. Please, people, raise your damn expectations a bit.
Quote: Originally Posted by DragonTora View Post
ur being the "leet" one by letting the internet raise ur children and I would flash the bird to u if i could noob.
Quote: Originally Posted by BarrinMarshal
I know your part of the "Forum Apologist Five" group but stop