Another Customization Update Please

BDSMKane

I'm sure there are scattered comments throughout the forums of people saying they would like to see another bundle of customization options, like the previous Chiss skin/hair color, Mirialan tattoos, and Human hair style/color. But I couldn't find a recent topic on it with a quick search, and I'm sure anyone who would like to see another update like that would jump on the chance to make the request again. So if anyone would like to see another large update for further customization options, please post here.

Just some top-of-the-head thoughts...

More Rattataki options in general, including tattoos, piercings, and maybe even a few different shades for skin.

More Pureblood options for piercings, heads. I like the concept of the heads with the bone protrusions/ridges, but having every Pureblood face being basically the same aside from those is a bit limiting.

More hair options, for all races with hair. Especially long hair options, and adding the first hair pack to other races.

I'd like this too. When the appearance designer launched and all the new customization packs were added to the CM, I had high hopes that we'd be getting small, regular updates with new customization packs. But sadly this has not happened. :(

I would love to get new masks and hair colors for Miraluka, new faces and skin colors for Twi'lek, new markings and complexions for Cathar, and new hairstyles for ALL the races.

I have a long list of Twilek options id like to see added colour (purple) ,eyes, tattoos . maybe items for leku

Miraluka id like to see more blindfolds ie plainer blindfolds ie https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d1ae1a15-0276-4e97-9692-bfe5fbed6b28/d57u4ke-3a7d1787-031c-4025-b85d-5a9e658cbc7a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QxYWUxYTE1LTAyNzYtNGU5Ny05NjkyLWJmZTVmYmVkNmIyOFwvZDU3dTRrZS0zYTdkMTc4Ny0wMzFjLTQwMjUtYjg1ZC01YTllNjU4Y2JjN2EucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.hRB61CGFBwQo3bR1mOVes8vPAwyq1bTBuhE93nnrDyw or http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/ab11792/Sith_Imperial%20Characters/MySithCharacterPGVersion.jpg , The new hairstyles

hair options for all races even small things like a new bar for piercings or cyborg parts unlock human only tattoos like the warrior and bounty hunter for all races

A version of Shae vislas hair

full body tattoos

Edited by gurneyslabb

• 3 weeks later...

I personally want more hair options for Cathar I play mostly Cathar and the only issue I have is with cathar hair.

Another race I would like to have something added to is the Sith Pureblood, Lord Scourge and Vindican (The sith from the Return trailer who Malgus kills) both have sort of cylinders on their tendrils and tbh I have always wanted it they have the face look but not the cylinders.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121119060039/starwars/images/3/38/Vindican-Return.png

This is what I mean

/Signed

I would be so happy to have ANYTHING new in the appearance customization department. PLEASE. I would be a fiend for character modifying if only there were more options I could choose from.

As someone who does play a lot of Purebloods, I am ALL ABOUT changes for them. Like... different faces. Please. All of us are carbon copies of each other... all Body Type 1s have the same look, with different deelie boppers on our faces, all the Type 2s, 3s...all that, likewise. It's such a bummer. Everybody else gets different faces. Surely it would not be that hard to model Sith Purebloods as well.

And, as so many people have said, if there are not going to be new and DIFFERENT hairstyles for all the races, can the non-humans please get access to the human hairstyles? (The non-humans with hair, that is, of course.)

I think the appearance kiosk could be a money-maker for the game if only it were updated more regularly. It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle and that's a money-makin' and fun-makin' shame.

- Edre

P.S. On an unrelated note? Rakghoul event has been fun, guys. Thanks! :)

A "no tattoo" option for Zabrak is long overdue- there's an "Imperial" type Zabrak (I think they're the ones from Iridonia's daylight side, if I remember right, but "Imperial Zabrak" communicates which ones I mean- Pointy) on Makeb with plain reddish skin and no tattoo, so it's not unprecedented.

Additionally, blending the two subspecies would make for some good new character visuals without much extra modelling work- or, indeed, any. If species can cross-breed (with genetic engineering assistance on occasion) in the Star Wars universe, then *races* surely can.

Unlocking 'sharp' horns for Rep Zabrak racial types and 'cow' horns for the Imp-type would be easy since the two "species" in game use the same hair models to which the horns are attached, and the same head models. The only difficulty would be if the 'skin' texture file also has the horn textures on it, but I don't see how it *can* given how they change in the existing chargen.

Let's also have some more hairstyles for the spikeys.

Sith... yes. I'm always rather put off them by the way their face options *just* consist of 'pick your ridges and spikes'.

Please oh please oh please make another customization update! Especially if existing and new hairstyles and color can be equalized among the different species. Even if that means separate packs for each.

There's also a few customization options I'd like to suggest:

• Female hairstyle with braid in back. Bangs with normal hairline in front similar to styles 20 and 21. Bangs could be wider and on the left, though.
  • Male hairstyle with short, low-tied ponytail and bangs with a normal hairline.
  • Male hairstyle with braid in back. Can have bangs. Regular hairline.
  • Male long ponytail. Can be tied high, samurai style. Regular hairline.
  • Hazel eyes.
  • Teal eyes.
  • Amber eyes.
  • Heterochromic (complete) eyes. Examples include one blue and one green eye, one blue and one brown, one brown and one green, etc.
  • Albino eyes.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

We really need a hair pack for Sith! I was very disappointed to discover that the only hair pack so far is for humans only. New makeup for all would also be cool.

And for the love of puppies, can we have a social clothing pack or 3???? Cultural social clothing for all the races would be AMAZING!

Oh and MORE EYE COLORS! YES, I'D PAY FOR THEM! LOL

Edited by JadiNaga

They could at least extend the new human hair styles to the other races that use "human" hair. Silly that even cyborgs can't access them.

Lekku wraps/decorations would be nice too.

This.

I think a large reason why we see so many humans on the fleet is specifically because of the "new" hairstyles. If those hairstyles were unlocked for the other races that were applicable, we would see a return to the diversity that we had prior to them. More options are always good.

• 1 month later...

Add me to the list of people wanting more customizations. My 3 points of interest are:

1) More hairstyles for the other races (especially cathar). I am one of those people who primarily play humans because I like the hair length going past the shoulder.

2) Lekku wraps and more (purple variants) colours for twi'leks like others have suggested.

3) The decorative cylinders on Pureblood tendrils (again, suggested earlier).

I'd like to be able to use the slave markings that Inquisitor's have on ALL the races, not just the 'pre 1.2 patch' races (Human, Twi'lek, Rattataki, DS Zabrak, & Pureblood) My Sorc is a Mirialan, and while I was able to make do with the scar options, I think it's kinda sad they can't get slave markings.

Also, Maybe add the human hair colors to the other races as well, the purple hair color would go great with my Bounty Hunter.

I'd like to be able to use the slave markings that Inquisitor's have on ALL the races, not just the 'pre 1.2 patch' races (Human, Twi'lek, Rattataki, DS Zabrak, & Pureblood) My Sorc is a Mirialan, and while I was able to make do with the scar options, I think it's kinda sad they can't get slave markings.

Also, Maybe add the human hair colors to the other races as well, the purple hair color would go great with my Bounty Hunter.

Your first comment is also part of the second paragraph of this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=711475. That link goes to a thread I posted about two months ago asking that unlocked Legacy races share their racial emotes(Parlor Dance, Shadow Box, etc) as well as get access to class-specific customization options(like the slave markings for Inquisitor). It also goes further in asking that the class-specific customization options are unlocked through class Legacy unlocks(so Inquisitor Legacy would allow you to make any class with slave markings.)

Please, please, please, yes. Signed! Signed multiple times! It was so exciting to get the customization kiosk and such a bummer to see it left stagnant after the first launch. :(

And please, more faces for the Sith. I hate having 4 faces--period. 1 for each body style, with various pointy bits being the only distinguishing features. So immersion breaking on my favorite species.

I just wanted to pop back in and echo Alec_Fortescue and Nichos_Ketra's suggestions that any new hairstyles (and possibly the current ones) be given normal hairlines. I don't want Lord Elrond hair, the receding hairline look, or the huge forehead look. :/

Also, I like the idea of class specific tattoos/scars being available to all characters of that class, not just human. My Miraluka is a Sith Warrior, why can't he get a tattoo? Sure, tattoos could potentially overlap with certain species specific customization options (ex: Mirialan tattoos), but goodness knows that is already an issue with Cathar complexions/patterns, and it is something that could simply be left up to each individual player.

Jewelry options would be amazing too, for both the ladies and the gents. Earrings, chokers, circlets, nose rings, etc. But small and simple, no big flashy hoops and garishly colored bits; being part of character creation, these would need to be fairly versatile and classic, like the stuff Sith Purebloods get.

I'd also love to see more makeup options that are more subtle or classic looking. You know, lightly smokey eyeshadow with a subtle pinkish lip balm, or some sultry black eyeliner with ruby red lipstick (properly applied, none of this "let's apply lip liner, fill in the lips, and then forget to put on the actual lipstick" nonsense) So please don't let whoever designed the current makeup do this. :p