how to set up referral link

Darthbly

As a subscriber it is already setup, go to your account information a then 'refer a friend',

then goto the forum signature (under Forum Management), and put it in that

Then post normally, do not create topics or replies just to get your signature out there, & do not post only your RAF link

Posting normally, seems to get an acceptable number of clicks if your posts are liked, of course the more doing it the thinner those clicks are spread :rolleyes:

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want to clarify a few things that have been said. To find your own personal referral link, go to the "My Account" section on this site (upper right under your account name if you're logged in) and go to the "Refer a Friend" section. Here you will see a link in the middle of the page. Give this link to other players to click on. You can also pay people credits in-game to click on your link. Usually people pay a few million, although there are some scammers out there who don't pay up, so beware of that.

If you're going to post of the forums for the hope of an occasional click, DO NOT create a post with your link in it, the only place you're allowed to put it on this site is in your forum signature. Putting your referral link in a post is considered spam. In your account section, go down to "Forum Management" and click on "Update your forum signature" this is where you edit your signature.

Normally, if someone clicks on a link and then subscribes to the game within 14 days of clicking on it, the person referring them gets rewards. Unfortunately, not everyone who clicks a link ends up subscribing (at least not within 14 days) and I don't think you get anything unless they subscribe. The exception to this is when someone who has an active subscription clicks your link. When that happens you get some cartel coins no matter what.

The person who is being referred gets a bundle of stuff that's different depending on whether they are new to the game or previously subscribed. They also get a free character transfer. The 7 days of free sub time might just be for previous subscribers who click a link but I'm not entirely sure. Either way, the normal rewards for subscribing make it worth subscribing for at least 1 month in my opinion. Subscribing for just 1 month gives free permanent access to all expansions even when you revert back to being F2P and you get free cartel coins each month you are subscribed among lots of other perks.

There's a promotion going on right now that ends very soon where you get double cartel coins if someone clicks your link and subscribes for at least 1 month (15 bucks) by either today or, I believe, tomorrow (when the promotion ends). The person being referred also gets cartel coins.

So for anyone who wants to, or has, clicked on a link, if you plan on subscribing at some point, doing it either today (Jan 2nd) or possibly tomorrow (after clicking a link) will give both people more rewards. More information on all of this can be found here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Edited by Anduhar

Just a reminder, today is the last day for the double cartel coin referral promotion. To qualify, anyone who clicks a link must subscribe for at least 1 month (15 bucks) by today. This gives both people 500 bonus cartel coins in addition to normal rewards for both people. More information found here:

http://www.swtor.com/info/friends

Subscribing for just 1 month gives numerous benefits including permanent access to all expansions. Even when reverting back to Preferred status, you will still have access to the expansion content for being subscribed previously. You also get 500 free cartel coins for each month you stay subscribed in addition to many other perks and less restrictions. Here's a table showing the differences between F2P, Preferred, and Subscribed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/wiki/f2p#wiki_differences_quickview

Edited by Anduhar

• 5 months later...
What does a referral link click do for the person sending referral?
As posted here:

As part of the ongoing Friends of SWTOR referral program, if your referred friend becomes a Premium player within 14 days from signing up, you receive:

•500 Bonus Cartel Coins plus 100 Cartel Coins for each month your referred friend remains a Premium player

•Special in-game rewards including the Kurtob Alliance Speeder and adventurous Battle Droid; one new reward for each referred friend up to 5!

It doesn't say it, but you get the ingame rewards (speeder and droid pets) for every character, current and future, on your account.

• 6 months later...
and i keep seeing those referral links under the forum posts, how do i get one under mine?
1) Click the My SWTOR link on this page and log in to your account.

2) Click on Refer a Friend in the left side menu.

3) Click the Copy button next to the url in the box.

4) Click on Forum Management in the left side menu.

5) Click on Update Signature in the list of options.

6) Paste the link you just copied into the text box, and add a description so folks know what it is.

7) (Optional) Add some other brief personalization.

8) Click the Save Signature button.

How many times can you click (1) the same person's referral link and (2) other people's links? If I am already subscribed, why would I not click on everyone's links all the time?

I think you can only click a referral link once, but I might be wrong about that.

I think you can only click a referral link once, but I might be wrong about that.

If it's been at least three months, you can click on another link and change your support. But you cannot "double support" someone by clicking the same link more than once.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...