Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is the KotFE/ET story about your character or the NPCs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is the KotFE/ET story about your character or the NPCs?

grania
12.26.2016 , 07:27 PM | #11
Quote:
Next, my characters don't get to go find the companions they miss the most? I as a player don't get to hunt down the vanilla companions I feel would be best suited for the crew?
Even my trooper, who did get Jorgan back, mostly ignores him when they're in a room together. Can you married people even imagine walking into a room and standing on the far side of your spouse? Waking up with a nightmare and they aren't anywhere around to talk to? Walking through a crowd of people who think you're dead, including your own mate, and striding right past him/her without so much as a wink?

Okay well that last one hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe someday it will and I assure you my husband is getting a wink. In fact, he would have been with me already in the first place.

(*whispers* are any of these devs married?)

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

jimmynoooo
12.27.2016 , 08:47 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
And do you feel like you're given the agency to drive the various plot events towards satisfying conclusions, or do you feel like the choices you make often get swept aside in the following cutscene?
Does what you want seem to matter over the course of these last two expansions?
About the NPCs. And that is just fine. Some of the best games have had NPCs leading the story. Like Baldurs Gate 2, and Mass Effect, and witcher 3. In all these you were just basically tracking down a particular NPC, figuring out where they were, what happened, and what might happen.

Walking_Kyle
12.27.2016 , 10:04 PM | #13
I seem to be a minor character in my own story. Alot of the conversations/nonsense-riddles with Valkorian and cut scenes with Vaylin taking out her frustrations just didn't advance the story. It felt like the same stuff over and over again. We needed more time with companions. Even not limiting the choice of companion for story missions would have helped. If the devs are having so many problems bringing back classic companions, why not give us a couple interesting new companions that we can actually interact with.

Balameb
12.28.2016 , 03:42 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by ReverendAnderson View Post
And do you feel like you're given the agency to drive the various plot events towards satisfying conclusions, or do you feel like the choices you make often get swept aside in the following cutscene?
Does what you want seem to matter over the course of these last two expansions?
It really is about NPCs. I read a topic were someone described it as "Keeping up with the Valkoriums". Nailed.

I played with my DS inquisitor and had to make a Lot of light side choices to keep things near something belivable.
If you play full dark, why would the republic allies stay by your side? They are trying to remove Arcann/Vailyn, they need to belive that you are at least a little better than him.

JediAkemi
12.28.2016 , 03:48 PM | #15
There's a reason I call it "The Valkorion family soap opera".
But yeah, it's not about us - we're just there. It's about that crazy family of ridiculous yuck.

OldVengeance
12.28.2016 , 04:12 PM | #16
This same story didn't necessarily have to be that, but most of the time both Arcann and Vaylin seem to only hate us primarily on the basis of hating Valkorion. Even through most of KoTET when they see us they always speak more as if they are really confronting Valkorion and the Outlander is just a secondary extension of him.

SerraShar
12.29.2016 , 10:47 PM | #17
Kotfe and Kotet was pretty much about the npc . We were only there to move the story from one room to another

That whole ''This is Your destiny'' . That whole ''You have to go Beyond Dark and Light'' . Seriously , flop over flop....

The battles are lames . everyone swing their lightsaber like it's their first time . What happen to dueling like in the Movies ?

Arcann fight was Lameeeeeeeeeeee....Going beyond dark and Light apparently is ordering a shield from E-bay and bashing him with it

Romance are one line !

The list goes on....
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

SithKoriandr
12.29.2016 , 11:42 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post
Kotfe and Kotet was pretty much about the npc . We were only there to move the story from one room to another

That whole ''This is Your destiny'' . That whole ''You have to go Beyond Dark and Light'' . Seriously , flop over flop....

The battles are lames . everyone swing their lightsaber like it's their first time . What happen to dueling like in the Movies ?

Arcann fight was Lameeeeeeeeeeee....Going beyond dark and Light apparently is ordering a shield from E-bay and bashing him with it

Romance are one line !

The list goes on....
I would love it, if the plan for us, is to lose the lightsaber fight, for them to just spend 3-5 minutes on an awesome fight scene with a great song to back it up!

The whole, play the game, kick the NPC's butt, then move to a cut scene to have you totally lose, like you weren't winning before, is suckie
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

AshlaBoga
12.29.2016 , 11:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by YoshiRaphElan View Post
I don't think Senya is more powerful than you; the scene where she Force pushes you on Asylum, you weren't expecting it so you didn't have your guard up. But whether she's more powerful than you or not, she is a beast. Watch the scene on Voss in Chapter 1 of KOTET when she fights off all the Knights and the Skytroopers by herself, and she wipes them out. She is definitely a top-tier Force user, IMO.
I figure Senya was the most powerful of the Knights of Zakuul since Vitiate probably wouldn't fornicate with anything other than the best of the best.

Also, another scumbag move on Vitiate's part - sleeping with his bodyguard. Yeah, no way he could abuse his power there. That's even creepier than parts of the Consular-Nadia or Warrior - DS Jaesa stuff.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

SerraShar
12.29.2016 , 11:51 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
I would love it, if the plan for us, is to lose the lightsaber fight, for them to just spend 3-5 minutes on an awesome fight scene with a great song to back it up!

The whole, play the game, kick the NPC's butt, then move to a cut scene to have you totally lose, like you weren't winning before, is suckie
Argh! That is just cruel!!!!!

You want them to Sing! HAHAHAHA

that actually would make the expansion more fun LOL

I want Senya and Valk do a duet and sing this ! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXm2FcEUBw
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!