Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Darth Acina

stuffystuffs
12.06.2016 , 08:24 PM | #11
"Darth" Acina? *ahem*, I think you meant Empress Acina

Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
She was a fun companion for that chapter, but she wouldn't work as a permanent companion. It doesn't make sense for the Sith Emperor to be reduced to fawning sidekick of the Outlander.
I'd also prefer if they keep her as an Empress and not another companion to take up space in my huge list of comps I can use right now. Hey, I got Z0-0M to run around and heal me, so I'm all good on that front.

If Acina stays as a non-comp Empress, they can do much more interesting stuff with her story.

SerraShar
12.06.2016 , 09:07 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
"Darth" Acina? *ahem*, I think you meant Empress Acina

I'd also prefer if they keep her as an Empress and not another companion to take up space in my huge list of comps I can use right now. Hey, I got Z0-0M to run around and heal me, so I'm all good on that front.

If Acina stays as a non-comp Empress, they can do much more interesting stuff with her story.
*Poke* and let us romance her! come on!

But yeah she is awesome . But that Lorman lol
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy
You know, if I could click you, you wouldn’t know a moment’s peace!

BlazeTomahawk
12.06.2016 , 09:20 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aeneas_Falco View Post
She was a fun companion for that chapter, but she wouldn't work as a permanent companion. It doesn't make sense for the Sith Emperor to be reduced to fawning sidekick of the Outlander.
They gave us Mandalore (Visla) and Lord Scourge, why not the Sith Empress?

Zinthalos
12.06.2016 , 11:59 PM | #14
I'm going to have to disagree. Darth Acina came off as weak and honestly reminded me a Cantina Darth (shots fired). Our previous emperor was Vitiate, who, I cannot believe did not get labeled Sith'ari. The only reason likely being that the title fell more into legend. Darth Acina doesn't even come close to filling his shadow. The Empire doesn't need an Empress who thinks she kin restore the Empire with catchy one liners and charm. It needs an intelligent war hero with a mind for conquest! It needs Malgus, it needs Mar. We haven't seen all of Acina yet, but I'm not willing to give her a chance because in the story line, the Empire can't afford to suffer a weak leader. Of course Bioware already has this mapped out years in advance so I'm sure a lot of her cheesy terrible crafted "cunning" plans are going to work and make her look like she is competent, but Minister Loreman let me know immediately - yeah this Empress and her cabinet are a joke.
"Judge me not by methods but by what I seek to accomplish."

SithKoriandr
12.07.2016 , 01:34 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post

She's not exactly one that would be running around the galaxy with us though. I think that should be the number one ability with an LI, making sense running around with us. As the Sith Empire Empress, she wouldn't be.

Of course, if we stay as the leader of the Eternal Alliance, will it make to much sense that we are?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Sillon
12.07.2016 , 01:57 AM | #16
(some story spoilers in my little ramble below)

I have to say that I was really impressed by Acine. Her VA and writing was really enjoyable and made me look at her differently.

Going into the chapter on my Sorc (my first character) I was planning on treating her like dirt. After all, while the Empire fought against the Eternal Empire, she bent to them and possibly dispatched a Dark Councillor or two in order to ingratiate herself to Arcann and secure control of the Empire. The way that I saw it, she was not the last Dark Councillor standing. There was still me and I hoped that I would get the chance to knock her off her pedestal once or twice. My attitude changed however over the course of Chapter 2.

I can understand why she did it though. It wasn't just a brazen powerplay for control of the Sith. If the Empire fought, it would lose and more people/worlds would be destroyed as a result.

My sorc ended up having some playful back and forth with her and we even shared a kill or two
Spoiler

If we get more story in the future I really look forward to seeing more of Acina. She will remain in control of the Empire...for now. My Sorc is always watching.

SerraShar
12.07.2016 , 02:08 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
She's not exactly one that would be running around the galaxy with us though. I think that should be the number one ability with an LI, making sense running around with us. As the Sith Empire Empress, she wouldn't be.

Of course, if we stay as the leader of the Eternal Alliance, will it make to much sense that we are?
I don't want her as a companion and never asked for her to be a companion .

I want her as a romance while in the Story . Would be nice to have 2 Empress in a romance .

Kinda like say with Aria T'loak (Play the game seriously!) in Mass effect . She join us for one mission in a whole dlc that was about her . But once Busness was done..she went back to her throne and we went back to our own work . If there was a romance , then it would've happend during the dlc when we were helping her . And later you would see it in an epilogue if there was one .
Balance in All Things
Andraste and the Maker want you to click referral linkhttp://www.swtor.com/r/fsSTHy

stuffystuffs
12.07.2016 , 06:04 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by SerraShar View Post

Yes, she's one romance request I can definitely support.

TalonVII
12.07.2016 , 10:38 AM | #19
She's a very pragmatic ruler, but you don't forget she's sith and evil and will use whatever she can to secure her position.

She's pretty much how Marr would of been had he become Emperor, or Jadeus.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy

SerraShar
12.07.2016 , 10:44 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
She's a very pragmatic ruler, but you don't forget she's sith and evil and will use whatever she can to secure her position.

She's pretty much how Marr would of been had he become Emperor, or Jadeus.
You mean Jadus ? no..Jadus was coocoo in tha head . Way way insane .

As for Marr , can't claim to know his background much .

Well evil..so is the whole empire anyway . And the repb while it stand for the greater good , they do have a few apples they should be on the Sith side .

But she would make an exellent romance for a DS or LS . regardless . Just like you have Player play a Jedi yet go for romance when it's frowned upon by the order lol .
Balance in All Things